rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Re: Garou: Cycle of Healing

Post by rivaan »

"The plates were plotting our demise! I got them in preemtive attack and did a double kill with trying to hit Dean with them." Lisa said in joking voice, but her expression was completely straightfaced. It was a most weird of diconnect between voice and expressions!" That action saved us a lot of trouble later on. Beware the dishes for they are the most insidious and patient of enemies."

"I just said it is an universal solution, not that it is the best solution did I?" Lisa asked and sighed, throwing a look out her window, before her eyes locked on the road again." I understand what you mean Sara... In the past I was responsible for the wise thinking in a pack as it's beta. I've had my fair share of alternative to voilence plans and solutions." She explained slightly, but left much of the story untold, mostly because she still didn't feel like talking about it." It would have been a good thing.... maybe if it continued even without us turning on them back then, but no one can assure it wouldn't have happened eventually. Maybe it wouldn't have been the garou, maybe some of hte other changing breeds would have turned on us. Maybe the wyrm or weaver were playing us for fools by pitting us against each other." Lisa mumbled with tired expression." Violence will always show it's head... we cannot escape it no more than humans in fact it's stronger than us than any human ever will feel. Fear gives birth to hatred and power always gives birth to fear in someone." The glass walker had her own little bag of life lessons that she had years to think about. Her last comments were especially on point with her because she suffered through it in the face of her own once trusted Alpha. She made a pained expression, recalling that betrayal which while not physical hurt much more than if he would have stabbed her with a knife.

Lisa smiled when Sara started acting really gently with the truck and appealing to it's spirit. She couldn't help but smiling in weird wave of enjoyment of the sight and the kindness towards her truck." I'm sure the spirit is happy. I will make sure to give it a nice gift to applease it for it's faithful and friendly duty." She commented patting the wheel." I've had this truck for the whole time I've been here. Through all these years, we are old friends, right?" She asked, not really towards Sara though. It was more like she asked the truck. Well people treated their pets sometimes as long time companions and friends, so why wouldn't she treat her truck so? She's been through thick and thin with it! Including her first heavy winter here!

"Not sure how to explain it, I just liked to see that worldscape. I do enjoy the wild and the primordial simplicity and beauty of nature, but sometimes I find myself looking out further away, my mind wandering back to the memories of those scenes in the city. I can still remember the awe, horrow and excitement I felt during my first sidestep. I spend my growing years tehre, I guess its kind of longing towards a place you've grown up at? Absence makes hte heart grow fonder and all that."
She laughed.

When the news about hte moot came about, there was a barely percievable slow in the car's speed as Lisa's hand that was just aobut to switch to higher gear froze in place for but a moment." Mmm... I forsee trouble." She said in not really happy voice." Sara, there is a reason I keep away from the groups in the area and don't get in their ways... Yes, there are the Uktena, but the Wendigo have decent presence in the vicinity too. If I remember correclty the Uktena are literally between us and hte Wendigo. If the Uktena are hosting it, no way the Wendigo will not send representatives. Remember what happens usually when Wendigo meet members of hte european tribes?"
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Sara smiled, her eyes sparking in amusement at Lisa's deadpan joke. The topic had been unexpected enough to catch her off guard and elicit a chuckle. For a moment, she had a mental image of files and ranks of plates forming an army.. and how much fun it would have been to have laid into it, smashing the hordes of tableware. Despite her earlier admonition of Lisa's breaking of the plates in anger, there was still something.. oddly comforting about the thought of smashing little plates for the hell of it. If the cost of replacing them wouldn't add up to so much... if only... Too bad, the plates were safe... for now.

Sara shrugged as the conversation turned to the subject of violence. "Still say not universal. If you make a bigger problem than you had by using it.. I wouldn't call that a solution at all." she answered. She made a gesture of acknowledgement when Lisa told her that she understood Sara's point though. Her eyebrow raised slightly at hearing that her roommate had been a pack Beta; that was news to her. She wasn't quite as surprised to hear that Lisa hadn't always gone the way most Ahroun did. She knew Lisa well enough by now to know that the Glass Walker was not a typical Garou, let alone Ahroun, at least in Sara's experience. At least part of that was probably Lisa's tribe itself though. Glass Walkers were an odd lot by the rest of the Garou's standards. Then again, the Children of Gaia, with their more peaceful views, were often regarded as somewhat odd as well. It was what it was.

She frowned slightly. "Them turning on us?" she repeated in a doubtful tone. "With what we were able to do back then, I don't think they would have ever considered it.." she answered. "The fact that the other breeds can't step sideways by itself puts them at a huge disadvantage if they wanted to make war on us. And I don't think it was the Wyrm or Weaver... it was us, unable to control the gift of Rage that Gaia gave us and that is the truly tragic part: what we were given to fight the evil in this world, we used for evil instead. I just hope that we can learn from such a tragic situation now." She took a deep breath when Lisa mentioned how the Rage was so much stronger in Garou than in humans. That was an understatement but.. the Children of Gaia had long had methods to control that Rage, methods that they did not share with other Tribes. Ever. Even Sara did not know much of it but she knew that there were secrets somewhere to it all. "Fear does birth hatred and can lead to violence.. but that is where we should come in and teach. Knowledge can eliminate fear, or at least lessen it. It's the first step to peace."

She took a quick glance over at Lisa, knowing that something was off with the other's tone of voice. In that quick glance, she could see some deep, buried seat of pain. The first hint of it had come when Lisa had mentioned that she had been in a pack previously. Sara had a million questions but she respected Lisa's obvious choice to keep it to herself. In the last year and a half, Lisa had not mentioned anything about that part of her past. Sara could only assume that if and when Lisa wanted to talk about it, she would. She understood that kind of world-breaking pain and loss, though for her, talking about it had helped.. a bit. Still, she respected Lisa's choice for herself and would wait.

She frowned again as they began to talk about the truck's spirit. "What, in all of the Umbra, kind of gift do you get for a..." she paused, unwilling to describe the spirit in any way that might come off as insulting.. and strand them out here. Instead, she motioned towards the dash of the truck itself. "Better gasoline? A nice, pine-scented air freshener?" she asked with a bit of a grimace. "New tires? Come to think of it.. I was looking at the tires last time I drove.. the treads are worn down. I think I read that that means it's time for new times.." she added. Still, a smile crept on to her face, through her own words and at seeing Lisa now also talking to the truck. How crazy that would seem to a non-Garou.. and even crazier that some humans, without their ability to contact spirits, did talk to seemingly inanimate objects.

Sara's face took on a wistful look at the mention of places of having grown up. She did miss her old home.. a lot. She missed the people there, her family... her friends, her pack. But the pain was still too.. fresh there. Too real, too close. She had had to get away from it. Her parents, her pack and her Sept had understood. And they had let her go. She yearned at times to go home but the reminders that she knew dwelt back there were enough to keep her from considering it for long. She had needed to start fresh and things had been.. going well here. She was starting to move on with her life again. She let out a small grunt, hiding her own pain as best she could. "I guess a trip to the city, on the other side, might not be a bad thing; at least it will keep me on my toes, looking out there for what might want to come after us..." And not too focused on the past that was inside of her, she thought, but didn't say aloud.

Her head turned sharply towards Lisa at the other's answer to Sara's proposal. She did feel the vehicle slow slightly, noting that it must mirror the hesitation within the Glass Walker. Lisa's voice when she answered supported that theory.. with flying colours. She let Lisa finish her rebuttal before answering. "When the Uktena host these open moots though, its not like there are a lot of other non-European tribes that aren't Uktena or Wendigo... Besides, we aren't.. really of the tribes the Wendigo have the biggest beef with." she explained.

She put a hand to her own chest. "We aren't really European. We aren't of the tribes that invaded, displaced and killed them. Us Children of Gaia, our tribe origins anyways, hail from the Middle East... And we are mostly North American now, with territories that were outside of their traditional ones." she said, then made a small gesture indicating Lisa. "And you Glass Walkers are more North American than anything now too, urban based which is well outside any territory they would have ever wanted. And hell, I think I have some Uktena blood in me, for that matter!" she added. She did have an odd complexion, pale but the colouring and facial structure hinted at a bit of native heritage. She knew she was anything but a Pure-Blooded Garou and her own Sept had kept very close ties with its neighbouring Uktena Sept. She had almost even married one of their Kinfolk herself.

"The Uktena, at least, have worked with.. lived with even, the Children of Gaia at times." she continued, trying to press her point. This wasn't something she was going to give up on. "The Wendigo would lose face if they made such a scene at an Uktena gathering too. True that doesn't mean they wouldn't.. but it does lessen the chances of anything happening. Adding to that the fact that we arent Fenrirs, Fianna or Shadow Lords... buys us just a little more buffer as well." She gave a wide-eyed, serious look. "Lisa, this is what I cam here for. I need to do what I can and this is the only way to make a first step. The only way that we can one day bridge that chasm between the tribes." She paused. "If you don't want to go, then don't. I wouldn't blame you for being worried but this is something I need to do." She gave a small, lop-sided smile. "I'll bring my staff with me just in case, use it like a walking stick. You've seen what I can do with the staff if it comes down to it." she added. She had shown Lisa in the past just how skilled at combat she was with her bo staff along with a little of the staff-based martial arts style of her tribe of which she was a master. "It would be nice having you there, watching my back at the moot, but either way, I'm going." she said adamantly.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Possibilities, Sara... possibilities and variations..." Lisa mumbled. There was more to this world that what they lived through." A single minute change in history can result in unimaginable alterations down the line. Have you never thought what would happen if let's say Ceasar wasn't killed in that betrayal? What if Hannibal had defeated Rome?" Lisa asked and shruged." It's the same down to it really. So what if we posses superiority because we can step sideways? We aren't the only ones. There are others out there and pray that you never meet one. I've not met one, but I've heard the stories from the elders who brought me up as pup." She added." My point stands that everything could have happened. Just because we hold an advantage, that doesn't assure victory."

"Mmmm yes. I guess it's time for new tyres." Lisa nodded, it's been a while since she changed them, she realized." Guess it will be one of the treats." She smiled, her fingers now playfully drumming on the wheel in the rythm of the song that was currently playing from the CD." If you want we can put a brand new pine air freshner too. I think there's one unused one somewhere back home. I had gotten a few of them in a sale. I think it was a buy 3 get one free back then. Didn't like having anything dangling under the backview mirror so I haven't used them much though."

"It depends, but I suppose that is logical enough." She added with a sigh, thinking about things." I will accompany you, Sara. Still I do not think all of the Wendigo might be as logical about things. Hopefully it all passes calm without events... Well it won't be a garou moot unless a fight happens. I'm pretty sure most gatherings of garou end up with at least one fight on average. You Children of Gaia are hte weird ones in that regard." She said jokingly. Yes she wished they'd avoid troubles, but knowing her luck that was doubtful.

"That walking stick of yours makes you look like some monk or something." She snickered, poking a joke at Lisa." You sure you aren't supposed to be speaking in mantras or something?" Lisa asked with a smile. Frankly she wanted to speed up the speed, but given the engine sounds and the fact the tyres were indeed for changing as it turned out, it was probably a bad idea to speed up too much. Still they were making good time on the distance non the less.

"Still if we are going to that moot, even more the reason to make up with Dean today, I guess." She said her thoughts out loud. Frankly she wanted to meet him so much right now. Chances were they'd get into a lovers quarrel soon enough again, but that was the way with the two of them anyhow. Both of them were strong personalities wanting to be the lead in this relationship. So naturally they butted head a lot.

Well Lisa suddenly fell silent. She hasn't been speaking so much in a while now. Yeah Sara was having a lot of influence on her the last year or so. The glass walker realized she was speakign a lot more than she used to do. Normally shed' be only speaking so much when she was having arguments with Dean before Sara came to live with her. She now wondered if it might be time to talk with Sara about THAT.... Maybe after this moot they were going to go. Yeah.. Lisa decided it was high time to do so, despite how much it hurt to remember it. She now fell into thoughts about the past, her gaze was distant, but she still kept her eyes on the road, keepign the driving without problem.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Sara scratched at her jawline lazily. "We aren't the only ones that can step sideways, true... but of all the changing breeds that we know of, there aren't that many who can. And we seem to be the most proficient at it." she countered. "I think if it came down to it, if we were to go crazy with Rage again, we have the numbers and abilities to wipe the others out. The Gurahl were fierce, strong.. and we nearly wiped them out. We nearly wiped a lot of them out. From what I've heard, a lot of them are still trying to recover. And we did wipe out some." she said, shaking her head.

"It'll be a wonder if we can ever get any of the others to trust us again. Even after all these millenia." She huffed softly to herself before speaking again. "It doesn't matter if it was us who lost control or if we were influenced by an outside force, the fact remains: violence was unleashed and made us all weaker because of it. And my point is that violence should only be used as a last resort, when there are no other avenues of progress and all consequences have been weighed." It was kind of fun getting Lisa talking, debating even. A huge difference from when they had first met, but the debating seemed to be easier for the Ahroun, but still allowed for productive conversation and let Lisa feel more comfortable socially. It was also just fun for Sara.

She tried her best to ignore the music that was blaring, though it was hard with Lisa's drumming to the beat. She grimaced when Lisa rebutted her bluff about the air freshener. She raised one hand, palm forward in a defensive gesture. "No, no.. that's fine... It smells fine in here.. and I don't want to interfere with your field of vision while driving." she said with a wince. Truth be told, she hated air fresheners with a passion. 'New pine scent' really never smelt like anything pine. It didn't smell natural. There were so many chemicals in man-made items like that that just smelled.. wrong.

She was glad though when Lisa finally saw her reasoning about attending the moot. It was time for progress to take its first steps forward. She half shrugged. "Maybe they won't be as logical. I'd expect nothing less, Lisa.." She laughed, half to herself.. at herself. "When I chose to make this my mission, I never expected it to be a walk in the park, or without its dangers. Hell, I guess I don't ever really expect it to succeed!" She raised her hands up in front of her, palms facing up, the gesture carrying just a hint of the desperation she felt, the frustration at the world as it was. "But how can I not even try?" She laughed cynically again. "Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be dredging water out of the Titanic with nothing more than a bucket.. But I can't just sit back and do nothing and let us all sink." she said.

She bit her lower lip, nodding to herself. Now that she had put words to it, it felt right. She was making the right decision no matter the outcome. "I can give them a chance to heal. I can't make them take my hand or my help but.. I can at least give them a chance to think about it. And that starts with this first step. It might be dangerous but... life is dangerous, and if I was to lose mine trying to rebuild the bridges between Tribes, that is just as noble as dying destroying the Wyrm. It's a risk I'm more than prepared to take."

A smiled passed onto her lips at Lisa's statement about the Children. She couldn't help but chuckle. "If you say so, Glass Walker, if you say so..." she replied. A Glass Walker calling the Children odd.. how ironic. It amused her. It was true enough that the Children were regarded.. in a slightly different light than most of the other tribes, but the Glass Walkers' choice to live in cites was so much more against what most of the Garou Nation considered normal. "Perhaps being different is the key to shake up history, to think from a different perspective than the long line of how it's always been done, and begin real change." she added.

Sara passed a smug, calm smile back to Lisa. The smugness was not arrogance though, but merely covered humour though. "Maybe I'll look like a monk, but better to walk into a potentially hostile situation appearing the part of a non-combatant than appearing hostile right off the bat." she answered. "That's one reason that the Uktena, at least, often are willing to work with us Children even when they won't work with anyone else. If you want to hear mantras, come to one of my classes for once." she added with another chuckle. She had been teasing Lisa for months about the other's ignorant avoidance of yoga and the other things that Sara taught in town. "Besides, the staff is good for knocking some sense into thick, Garou heads when necessary." Or knocking them out.. but not killing them; an strict rule for the Children of Gaia, not to bring harm to another Garou.

She glanced over at Lisa. "You need more reasons to make up with Dean?" she jabbed lightly, jokingly. "I would think the fact that you're hopelessly in love with him would have been enough! Don't deny it, Lisa...." she teased. She glanced out the front window again. They were not too far out of town now. Just a few minutes, she thought, as she passed another pickup truck leaving, probably on the way to one of the other far-flung ranches or farms out there. It had been the first traffic they had seen on this trip but that was about usual.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Lisa grumbled a little as she was caught red handed and she didn't really have a smart counter to that statement. Yes it was so bloody right, she was so head over heels in love with Dean and she's been for years. Despite all the quarrels, all the pain their relationship caused, she still loved him to no end. She didn't want to imagine him gone fron her life dammit.

At last they were at the town again. She looked at the civilization with a smile. It was nice to see so many people in a weird way. Not that she wanted to live among them for a prolongued amount of time mind you. Well at least not anymore... Weirdly enough she had became a weird Glass Walker with the passage of time... A glass walker who prefers to live away from towns. She was willing to bet that she was probably a living joke at this point among the glass walkers. That said she'd probably break the nose of anyone who was daring enough to say such a joke in her face.

As she pulled into town, Lisa was throwing studying glances left and right, always expecting something to happen. She slowly pulled by one of the bigger stores, stopping so Sara can get off and start doing her shopping thing and then whatever else she choses really." Should I stop by the yoga place later to pick you up?" Lisa asked, throwing a wondering look towards her friend. There was a real possibility that Lisa and Dean's make up event might take a lil while. She doubted they'd come to a fight again, but who knew. Last time they ended up talking for a few hours before they decided anything. Well this time she'd keep Sara in mind since she has to drive her back also... or leave the car to her which was an option too. Well when that came to need they'd figure it out.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

As they pulled to a stop in town, Sara glanced at her watch, checking the time, hoping that she'd be able to make her stop before the store closed. The one small department store in town was supposed to be open until later hours but.. it was a very small town and the older couple that ran it sometimes ran by their own hours instead. She struggled with the door handle on the passenger's side door, the mechanism sticking a bit, and began to get out. "Yeah, I'll be at my studio after I'm done shopping." she answered, correcting Lisa's phrasing of 'yoga place'. It was a studio for health and better living. More than just yoga went on there. It seemed to be a hard concept for those who were outsiders to it to understand. She shrugged it off though. "Good luck." she added before she closed the truck's door and began walking across the sidewalk to the department store.

As she got to the doors, she noticed the lights were dimmed inside and a big CLOSED sign hanging in the front door. Damn. Moving closer, she could see the retreating figure of the owner walking away. He must have just closed up. She knocked at the door. "Mr. Robertson!" she called. The figure turned around, the older man pausing for a moment before he recognized her and began to return. It didn't hurt that their businesses were neighbours in the small town.

Slowly he unlocked the door, opening it a bit. "Sara! What can I do for you?" he asked in a kindly voice.

Sara smiled wistfully. "I'm really sorry to disturb you, Mr. Robertson.. but I was really hoping to pick up some plates. I don't want to bother you if you were closing up but... we are running a bit low on things to eat off of..." she explained.

Mr. Robertson raised an eyebrow. "Lisa again?" he asked as he gestured for Sara to come into the store.

She shrugged and smiled in reply. "Who else?"

"Don't tell me she was throwing them at Dean again..."

Gossip was big in small towns and this.. this was safe gossip. Human gossip. It kept them seeming like anyone else and any threat of suspicion as to what they truly were well away. So, Sara would tell the truth about this. She shrugged again but nodded. "Yep... they had a spat again." she confirmed.

Mr. Robertson led them both over to a corner of the store where there was displayed a number of different styles of tableware. "What about this time?" he asked.

"Living situations.." Sara answered as she looked at the different plates. "Dean wants her to live in town, Lisa loves her ranch..." She passed by the ones that were solid, garish colours, zoning in more on the plate, off-white plates as she spoke. "She came into town with me so she could go and try to smooth things over with him.. again."

"And if Lisa decides to move into town?" he asked her, some concern in his voice. Even though she had only been around a bit over a year, he sometimes thought of Sara almost like a niece or grand-daughter. He would hate to see her lose her residence if Lisa decided to sell.

Sara waved a hand at that. "She's not going to. She is going to see about having Dean move in at the ranch." she glanced back at the kind, older man. "The place is more than big enough for more than one family even." She turned back, picking up a fair sized box that lay before one of the cheaper but decent looking display plates. It had four of them in that style within. "I'll take these, Mr. Robertson. What do I owe you?"

Mr. Robertson smiled. "On the house, Sara. With how many you go through, I think your wallet could use a break for once." he answered. When she objected he was adamant. "I'm sure, Sara. It's not like they are that expensive anyways."

Sara dipped her head in a grateful gesture. "Thanks, Mr. Robertson. I appreciate it. Now, I don't want to keep you...." she said, beginning to head back towards the front doors. "Tell Marg I said hello." she added, speaking of the old man's wife. She'd broken an ankle a while ago and had only recently come out of the cast. Still weak to do too much for herself. That was probably the reason Mr. Robertson had been closing up early. "How's she doing anyways?"

They paused at the door, Mr. Robertson holding it open. "Better. A bit better every day. Those exercises you showed her how to do seem to be helping. She said her muscles are feeling a bit stronger and the range of motion of her ankle is slowly getting better." he replied. "Consider the plates payment for the advice and the skin cream you gave her. She swears by that cream now. Says the cast seemed to have almost burned it but the cream helps a lot."

Sara smiled. She enjoyed helping people. It definitely made her feel good. "I'm glad to hear that. Have a good night then, Mr. Robertson!" she said.

"Thanks, Sara. You too!" he said as she left and then locked up the doors again.

Sara headed over to her studio, having to balance the box of plates on one leg as she fished in her pocket for her keys. Finally finding them, she unlocked the studio door and went inside. The studio was fairly small. Really no bigger than a small shop, which is what it had been once upon a time, it had been mostly cleared out except for one corner that contained a few products and items, and it was big enough for her purposes. It did have a small upper level to it which she used as an office of sorts. She headed up to it, putting the plates on her desk for the moment as she began to go through some things she had there. She had no idea when Lisa and Dean would be finished so.. she might as well get some stuff together.

( After whatever you need to write for lisa and dean, I'll leave it up to you whether you want anymore stuff to go on between lisa and sara, or if you want to do a time skip to just before the moot. If you choose to do the skip, can take us back to the ranch about a week later. I don't know if Ghaz is completely ready so, if you needed to have some more go on before that, we can do that instead. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Lisa drove to the office where Dean worked and parked nearby. Since she and him were a couple for quite a few years now, people around here knew her. In fact the guard at the gate recognized her right away. How could he not? After all one of their spats had happened right at this very spot... about a minute after they had made up at that time.” Hey Lisa, here to meet Dean?” The man asked and she nodded.

“Yeah... Mr. Dinozzo can you call him?” She said slightly nervous. Lisa wasn't really sure how this was going to end. There was a chance Dean will accept to live with her at the farm. He lived there half the week already anyhow, but there was also a chance they would end up shouting at each other also.

“Sure, did you have a fight again? He stormed into the office at the morning like a hurricane.” The man asked. He didn't receive a verbal answer, but by the nod she gave him and her expression he could read the situation well enough. With a smile and a shake of his head he walked inside the building to call Dean while she leaned on the wall nearby.

Soon enough Dean showed up, his expression was mirroring her own as they looked at each other. They didn't talk for a good minute before he finally was the first one to break the silence of the situation.” Did you decide to come live with me finally?” He asked, but frankly he expected the answer. This relationship hurt him, but he loved her. He knew that it also hurt her all the time, but she always was with him despite that. He couldn't believe it when he realized it, but they really loved each other, didn't they?

“No...” She replied and he made a knowing face. He had expected it. Dean didn't know what was the shadow of her past, the ghost that haunted her to this day, but he knew it was a part of her that he will never really know. Her past was covered in shadows he didn't dare try to discover because he feared he will really lose her. He had hoped that maybe if she starts living with him and they gain a normal ordinary lives, she'd forget that darker part of her past that was constantly hurting her like that, but he also knew that it would never happen. Lisa looked at him for a few seconds before finally taking a breath.” Dean... move in with me at the farm...” She said out loud causing him to doubt what she said for a few moments.

“Move in with you?” He asked, wondering what brought that. They had never really talked about that before. While he lived there half of the time, it was also her place that he never dared propose that.” So you came to ask me to leave the city instead?”

Yes...” She replied with serious face.” Look, I cannot come to live here anymore. The farm is big, it's close to the city and you can always be going to work as normal... we've been living there for most of the time anyhow. Will it really make things so differnet if you come to live with me there full time?” She asked, looking slightly uncomfortable because this was a thing she couldn't just punch into realization if she had to.” I love you, Dean.” She finally said.” I know it's not fair to ask it of you, I cannot give up on you, but I cannot move out of the farm either.” She added, throwing one of her serious looks at him to which he sighed.

“Seriously...” Dean mumbled.” I wanted us to live in the city because I hoped that if you come living with me here, the ordinary busy city life will make you forget the pain...” He added and shook his head.” I'm sorry, Lisa. I hurt you even more, didn't I?” He asked, she didn't reply, but he knew.” Alright... For you I'd do pretty much anything...” Dean smiled and quickly embraced her tightly, losing no time to kiss her. He already regretted the fight in the morning by the time he arrived in town. That aside he was also glad she didn't really want to hurt him physically. Ohh boy he knew full well how strong she was.

~~
one week later
~~

“Sara, you ready?” Lisa called as she threw a small rugged backpack over her shoulder. They were going to attend that moot and she wasn't really sure how long it would take, but it was better to have a small amount of spare clothing anyways... especially if she was forced to transform and her clothing got torn to pieces anyhow.” I've already filled the fueltank, so we should be good all the way there.” She also added. Dean was right now not at the ranch because he had returned to his home to gather up the last of his luggage he was going to move over while they were away, Now that he agreed to move in with Lisa. He was not as happy about the fact only Lisa and Sara were going, but they had given him an excuse or another so he finally accepted and stopped protesting.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Sara stood in her room, staring at the rather large mirror on one wall that she usually kept covered up. With her tendency to slip sideways, it wasn't a good idea for her to have a reflective surface in a room she spent so much of her time in, her refuge where she let her emotions out at times. But this time, right now, she was staring at herself, judging how she looked, how others would be seeing her. Though most of her heritage was white European, there was enough of the native look to her that it wouldn't be unnoticed.. she hoped. She wore a non-gender specific red plaid flannel shirt over a white t-shirt and jeans; about what anyone would expect someone to be wearing out here, nothing fancy, just down to earth. Appearances would be important in this.

What would the Uktena, the Wendigo see when she stood before them to speak though? Some young, white girl... an outsider to them, speaking of peace. She realized that many people kept the hurt the carried rather than mending it simply because they wanted to. Terrible things had been done but how many generations ago was it? Their ancestors still carried memories of that pain but the Garou that would there today were not their ancestors. She could only hope they would be willing to put aside anger and listen.

Hearing Lisa calling out for her, Sara took a deep breath to calm herself before covering the mirror over again and grabbed her staff on the way out. "I'm ready." she answered finally, making her way out of her room into the common area of the ranch where she found her roommate. She had a million doubts but she forced a smile anyways. If she didn't appear confidence, there was no way in hell anyone would listen to her. "First steps are always the hardest, aren't they?" she asked. The fact that they knew no one at the Uktena Sept made it more daunting. She wasn't sure if they wouldn't just kick them both out of the Moot right off. Only way to know though was to try.

"Glad to know that we won't run out of gas." she answered, too preoccupied to really try to make a joke out of it. A part of her wanted to just say forget about it all but.. the rest of her just wanted to get there already and get it over with, however it turned out. At least, she'd have an answer then and could decide where to go from there. The decision would once again be in her hands at that point. As she walked towards the door, she could feel the butterflies rise up in her stomach. Oh, damn, she was nervous. Don't look at anything reflective... she reminded herself. It wouldn't necessarily prevent a slip but it would at least reduce the chances.

Outside, she threw her intricately carved bo staff in the back of the pickup truck before climbing into the passenger side of the cab of the vehicle and swallowed hard. She was committed now to doing this. She couldn't... wouldn't back out. She owed... why did she owe anyone anything? No, she wanted to help. That's what it was. She wanted it. More than anything, she wanted to end unnecessary violence and this was the first, tiny step out of countless in one tiny corner of an impossibly large world. Still, it would be a start.

When Lisa got in the truck too, Sara turned to her, her face impassive but her eyes displaying her quiet worry.. fear even. "How do I look?" she asked. "Do I look okay? I don't want to dress uppity around them or anything but this looks okay, right?" she babbled, taking her mind off the emotions within. "I really hope they were like the Singing Bird Sept near where I grew up... Those Uktena.. they were a nice lot, if a bit mysterious at times but.. they were pretty welcoming... at least to us Children of Gaia anyways... They liked us and we liked them. I hope my tribe counts for something with these ones..." She paused, forcing herself to take a deep breath as the truck started up. "They either will let us attend or won't... it's not up to me. I will accept it going either way." she told herself, almost in a mantra. "Either way, I will have done the best I can." she concluding, though her tone was still carried a hint of her nervousness.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"That htey are, I agree." She said as she was waiting for Sara to join her, she was having a tingling feeling of what might be going through her friend's head, but when the other woman finally showed up, all was cimented in the glass walker's mind. Sara appeared to be suffering from heavy case of the nervousness from doing her first big show. In a way it was a lil bit of a stage fright of sorts or at least similar. Lisa was smiling while following Sara to the truck and then hopped inside, still listening to her friend with calm expression, waiting to see and hear everything htat the other had to say before she makes her move. Lisa was currently feeling her duty as someone somewhat older with some more exprience to help her friend from this pickle. She rose an eyebrow when she realized the trickster had passed the clear opportunity to make a joke out of the gastank being full. 'This is actually quite the heavy case of the nervousness...' She thought in amazement.

As she hopped into the truck, she threw a casual glance at Sara. She turned the truck on and took a deep breath before she sighed." I should have expected this..." She said while Sara was busy wth her mantras. Suddenly Lisa pressed down on the speed hard as teh engine roared and tires were spun in place for a moment before hse made the old pickup speed down the dirt road in wild manner, taking a sharp turn to get into the road, making sure to make it as sudden and surprising as it could be especially fro the nervous Child of Gaia.

"Sara, don't worry..." Lisa said when the truck's behavior finally became normal movement under the control of the glass walker." What's the point of being nervous about it? You've spend your life so far honing your ideal so what does it matter if some fools don't accept it? It's their loss. I'm with you, I understadn the importance of it, if they don't then they are fools. Now listen to me very well." Lisa talked with calm voice, but it carried hints of seriousness and encouragement." Don't stop moving forward no matter what happens when we arrive. As long as you believe in your ideal then those who can see the future and potential of it will gather up around you. Nothing was build in a night, but if you let anyone break your confidence, how are others supposed to gather around you and heed your words?." She smiled." And if you do a good job I might come by the yoga studio/place/thingymagik you're running when we return home." Lisa threw in with a smirk.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Sara could definitely feel the butterflies in her stomach as the pickup started up. Her mind was working at warp speed, trying to figure out what she would say, how everyone might react.. and trying to prepare for possibilities. Many people thought that Ragabash, tricksters, were masters of off-the-cuff... always ready with a comeback to everything and while they usually were, often it was because they considered many possibilities ahead of time. That being said, being quick on their toes with any situation didn't hurt either. It just helped to consider everything she could think of now and go from there. They'd have to meet certain members of the hosting Uktena Sept first... Introductions among Garou entering another's territory was a must. It wouldn't be right for her to broach her reasons for coming at that point though.. it would have to wait until later in the evening when the floor was opened to any Garou to speak. Though... before that, it might not hurt to mingle and throw out some feelers...

Suddenly the truck sped up, pushing Sara back into her seat, then took a sharp corner, sliding around the dirt surface, nearly throwing Sara into the door beside her, barely held in place by the not-so-great belt lap in the old pickup truck. She did bump her head on the side wall though, but thankfully not too hard. Still, she frowned, glancing over as Lisa straightened out the truck and slowed down. "Ow..." she muttered, loud enough for the Ahroun to hear, and rubbing the side of her head, a bit in exaggeration. She didn't complain much more than that though, too much of her mind on more important matters. Still, some of her attention was shifted to the Glass Walker, more so as Lisa began to talk.

She shook her head in reply to Lisa's attempt at.. comforting? her. It was quite a stirring speech for an Ahroun. Lisa vowing to come by the studio was not something Sara had ever expected to hear.. though the smirk quickly made her realize that it was in jest. Of course it was. Lisa might come by but that didn't mean she'd ever join in... despite how good it would be for the Ahroun to loosen up a bit. emotionally as well as physically.

She gave a wry smile in reply. "It doesn't matter whether they accept it or not.. I get that, I understand that.. hell, I half even expect that. It's like the worry you mentioned last week when I first brought up the subject though: what if they don't take the idea peacefully. That's what I'm worried about. Bringing violence when it's my goal to stop it." she explained. Speaking about it though was helping her deal with the anxiety. Giving words to it dulled its fangs. "And I surely don't want to bring trouble down on us on the ranch.. or in town. There are a lot of Uktena Kinfolk there..." she added, biting her lower lip as she thought about that. She sighed. "I guess I'm also just worried about making our situation unlivable too." She glanced over. "That's not going to dissuade me though, Lisa. If it comes down to it, I will make sure they know its my idea and you have nothing to do with it.. and I can move on. Last resort, of course, but... its a faint possibility I'm willing to entertain."

She turned, staring straight ahead, far out the front window, envisioning the caern in her mind's eye. "For now though.. I will keep to my plans..."

---------------------------------------------

They had had to leave the truck a fair ways out from the caern but that was to be expected. A truck had too much Weaver-taint to be around something as pure as a strong caern such as this. Red Deer Sept had certainly gotten lucky with their caern's location though. The woods out here were beautiful, on the edge of a sparkling lake. At first, during the walk, it was only the two female Garou, but as they got closer, they started seeing other figures walking through the woods here and there. Eventually they came to the edge of a huge clearing. Within, many log cabins and buildings were established, and people roamed all around, many though not all, First Nations people.. or whatever they preferred to be called her. It seemed it was different wherever you went. Hell, she had heard more than a few even call themselves 'Indian' before but.. far be it from anyone else calling them that!

The sun was heading down and would be gone perhaps in a couple of hours at the most, lending a saturated orange-red glow to everything in contrast to the lengthening shadows. Rhythmic drum beats echoed in the still air and further on, native chanting accompanied it. She had always sort of liked the sound of native music, finding a certain peace in it. As they moved into the Sept's grounds, closer to other people, she could see some begin to look over at them curiously. So far, none of it had been in a threatening manner.

As they walked slowly, vaguely heading towards what seemed to be the centre of the structures, she spoke to Lisa. "I guess we should try to find where the Elders are first of all, and see that they allow us to be here, in their territory." she said. There really was no other choice. To do otherwise would be against the Litany. Respect the territory of another. "Probably is best to ask someone around here..." she said. "See anybody you think would be a good candidate to approach?" she asked her friend.

( We can use this to bring in Ghaz's character, find him doing something and approach him. )