Biology Division

Chantry of Bloodline Travius - Journals, experiments, studies and details.

Moderator: AedanTravius[old]

Forum rules
The journals and developing paths of the Travius Chantry, bastard line of Tremere
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere
Fera Tribes: Corax

Biology Division

Post by AedanTravius[old] »

http://www.raptorred.com/gcm_rp/travius/biological.png[/imgsize] This is the journal of the Biology Division

June 21th, 2011
This new feeling is amazing, my mind feels as sharp as it has at my prime, and with this blood. My god this blood. It allows for so many possibilities. So many things I could have done in a lab with blood that heals like this. And this blood mixed with the power of extracellular matrix, the possibilities are limitless. I've been reading the book my 'sire' gave to me, I'm still not used to that word. He looks so much younger then me, but what can I say about the person who gave me this gift. Maybe I can find a way to make myself look young eventually. As to this book titled "Biothaumaturgy" as well as "The Homonculus: A Treatise", they seem promising on the level of medieval alchemy. True alchemy was an inspiration that birthed the miracle that is modern chemistry. Though as much as I hate to admit it, Alchemy very well may have better results with this blood then chemistry. However, with that said, while the concepts are useful, they are outdated works. I believe using the extracellular matrix with our blood, and perhaps different traces of genetic material, I could surpass them, and bring a new level of understanding to lifeforms and the manipulation and evolution of their physical forms. We may very well be able to create new life from scratch. I will be contacting some of my most prized student, Aedan has instructed me the process and benefits of ghouling and blood bonding, and while I don't appreciate my bond to him, I can't complain if he'll allow me the same use with my staff. On part I morn the human race will never see the wonders that we shall create, but deep down I know the world could never accept the presence of such power.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

Re: Biology Division

June 22, 2011
I've enlisted the help of some favored students of mine. I tried to get them recognized by academia, but I feel their potential intimidated the existing hierarchy. They claimed ethical reasons, but judging from the history of their own research, I have a hard time accepting this. Steven and Jen are their names, fortunately for me both have sense married, so finding them both was easy, better still, no desire for children. It couldn't be more perfect. While most of my colleagues I'm not sure could handle the shear possibilities of what our condition allows, they are both of extreme logical mind. All they needed to see was results, and I can already see the hunger in their eyes. They have already begun extracting the cellular matrix from procured pig bladders, soon it will our tests will begin. I've spoken to Aedan about getting some of the equipment from the Lab at the university, as far as I'm concerned for all I've given and what they did to me, its all mine anyways as mere compensation. Those neanderthals don't deserve it, they don't even know what to do with it. He's assured me it won't be a problem, he says we can go there tomorrow, and he'll 'ask' for it nicely. I have an impression there is more to it, but I have no doubts he can deliver. He may look young but his eyes are aged even more then mine.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 23, 2011
I have all the equipment I'll need. I have no idea what he told them, but the maintenance people packed it up for him in a rental truck. He said it was best if I wasn't seen there.

Flashback: Aedan first lit a small flame (lvl1) on the camera cables
Aedan has taken the action distant flame level 1
Difficulty : 5
Roll: 6, 8, 9, 3, 9, 10, 4, 10, 10, 6
Successes: 8 (8 sucesses, 0 failures)
Quality of Success : Phenomenal (perfectly done with mastery)

ran up to the window and tapped it, got the attention of maintenance, dominated them to pack it up in a uhaul,
NOTE: looking at char creation, I'd forgotten willpower is your courage. These employees are cowards.
Aedan has taken the action dominates maintnance man
Difficulty : 2
Roll: 3, 4, 4, 5, 2
Successes: 5 (5 sucesses, 0 failures)
Quality of Success : Phenomenal (perfectly done with mastery)
then when they realized what happened, gave them both $300 dollars telling them "You've never seen me, I've never seen you, understand?" he lit a flame in his hands, "because otherwise, I will end you. With that said, on the off chance you are met with repercussions, call this number," he extinguished the flame, pulled out a business card, and gave it to him, "and I'll take care of it, but say nothing." "Yes, Yes sir." The eldest of the two took the card. Aedan drove the truck home, he let Nikolai drive his car back to the chantry.
Flashback END

I have everything I need now, we've started by analyzing blood samples both from me and my students. The reults won't be ready for another day, but what we saw under the microscope was amazing! Never have I seen blood act like that. Almost as if it had an intelligence. Looking at my sample its obvious our condition somehow converts the blood into an advanced form of blood. Like alchemy at an insane level, its broken down, purified, and exalted. I'd pass this on to the Alchemy department, but I have a feeling he will realize this even more so then I do. Its my understanding the Extracellular matrix powder will be ready tomorrow night. This is going to be exciting.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 24, 2011
It seems soon we will be getting animals, but in the meantime, I've noticed development of homunculus on the agenda. Were I still living I'd think it a joke, but now, not so much. I've taken two jars of the extracellular matrix, and taken a small amount of Tank's and War's blood (with their owners permission, of course). and placed one in each jar. The effects were creepy and amazing. We will set it to incubate and check it again tomorrow.
~Nikokai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 25, 2011
The material in the jar has formed into a disturbing lump of beating flesh. Its disturbing on many different levels, but whatever it is, it is definitely alive in some form. We have gotten some blood from the local congregation and have fed the abominations with it, we shall see how they develop over the next day
We have also acquired baby goats. One of my assistants is removing the horn membranes now to place in their personal dogs as a test to make them better prepared for war.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 26, 2011
The masses of flesh have started taking shape, we put more blood in it so that it may continue to finish forming. Both Students have implanted horns in their personal dogs.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 27, 2011
The masses of flesh have started to take on the rough form of a dog, we will continue feeding it and monitoring it, now we've begun to feed it not only the blood from the congregation, but from our own as well, to make sure when these abominations form, they will be loyal to us and not attack us like something out of a horrible nightmare.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 28, 2011
You can now start to differentiate the two dogs, their beginning to look like miniature versions of their respective donators, we continued to feed them the mixture of blood, after tomorrows feeding they should be ready to come out, and then we will start the next test
The blood helped the healing processes on the dogs who had been 'augmented' with bone membraines, we are waiting to see how long they will take to grow in this state.
~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 29, 2011
We have fed them one last time, and let them out, their like many replica's of the dogs. When let out, they immediately started running around in excitement. We've noticed some ants in here before, and they seem to be gardening alot of amusement out of chasing and eating them. Now that they formed their actually quite cute...

We've gotten a much larger batch of blood. This time we've taken a sample of blood of Edgar, Stephanie's crow, as they are much smarter then dogs, and at that size have a potential of being far more useful.

We've measured out the powder to the same weight as the bird.

~Nikolai
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

June 30, 2011
As before a ball of pulsating flesh has begun to form in the jar, we've begun to feed it a mix of our blood (the three of us).

We will keep an eye on it over the next few days. The next step will be mixing dna.
Jen has been studying the Biothaumaturgy manuals with great success. She's already on the second level. All in all, progress is looking good.
~Nikolai