Archon Hamilton
Ancillae
Ancillae
Clan: Ventrue
Garou Tribe: Get of Fenris
Sabbat Clan: Brujah Antitribu

Hail Caesar! (open to all)

Post by Archon Hamilton »

Archon stood in the suite of the Skyscraper that was his Elysium, his Court. He stood his back to any that would approach, looking out the window at his City below. Princes, they were heads of the Camarilla in any given city. It fell upon their shoulders to lead the Kindred population in their Domains. And no Kindred bore that weight on their shoulders more than Clan Ventrue. He was pulled away on "business" if one could call it that, but business was good. Which was to say that he was still alive and made allies across the States and Europe. Some Princes agreed, others not, mostly those in Europe. But its fine, what did he expect from Prince's that had even a century of age over him? Their compliance? Bloody fools. Oh well, when the Sabbat are knocking on their doors they will learn. When they have no one to ask for aid, they will learn. Archon had all his, what did Americans call it....his ducks in a row. Whatever that meant.

Archon himself stood looking down at his city with his hands clasped behind his back. He was wearing a black vicuna silk suit. Tailored to his form perfectly. It hinted every so often at the muscle beneath the suit. His tie also made of the of the expensive vicuna silk was blood red. His hair he wore slicked back, not with gel or other product but with scented oils. His cologne was proportioned evenly so as not to be over powering but you would be able to smell him if you were close. His suit was ironed and pressed. Ventrue, especially Ventrue Princes had to look the part. His shoes were of fine leather, and also looked like they costed a pretty penny. They too were black, like his suit.

Archon stood there. Thinking of all the things that came to being a Prince. He had to keep the peace between Clans, destroy Sabbat when the came, keep thin bloods and Caitiff off his streets, play mediator with the Primogen. Oh the burdens of being Prince. It was a burden that Archon gladly bore. Because there was no other Clan of Kindred in the world that can lead the Camarilla like the Ventrue can lead them. The Camarilla was after all a Ventrue invention. It was only fair that the Ventrue lead them. Whenever a Ventrue could not lead, then a Toreador would do well. And begrudgingly so too would a Nosferatu. Not that there were that many Nosferatu Princes in the world. They often kept to themselves and rarely offered up information that did not in some way benefit themselves or their Clan. Archon's eyes remained transfixed on the city below.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Hail Caesar! (open to all)

Post by Keira Kelly »

A knock came from behind, followed after a moment of the sound of the doors opening, the soft hiss of the hinges as they turned in their moorings. A woman in an evening dress sauntered in followed closely by a masked figure. The woman's bearing was confidence but even through that, there was a hint of hesitation. She had known her appointment could just have easily been temporary as it could have been permanent; in either case, it had increased her standing among the Camarilla, let the world of the Kindred know her name, for a time at least. And it had given her access to juicy bits of information she hadn't had privy to before. She gave a quick glance back at the man who followed her, the one with the jackal mask. He was part of her hesitation. While he worked for her.. currently, he was also insurance against her seizing power if the time came to give it up. And it might just have come.

She turned back to the well-dressed man who owned this building, putting on a charming smile. Katerina Tiernay, of course, knew Archon Hamilton well, having worked alongside him for many months as one of this city's Primogen. She half bowed, wondering what Hamilton would expect now. She'd been acting as Prince since his disappearance, raised there by the suggestion of the one Keira Kelly and backed by the Malkavian, Sindri. Katerina could not have said no to the chance to be Prince, whether it was temporary or not but it had always been on the condition that if Prince Hamilton were to return, she would be willing to step aside.. and if she didn't... well Sindri was an expert killer as she had come to know well.

"Prince Hamilton." she greet, though the questioning inflection on the title was clear. Would he reclaim the title that had been his or would he not? "It is good to see you have not met the Final Death as many of the Primogen have taken to suspecting." she told him. She had been among those who had as well but she would not admit to it. "When I heard you had returned to the city, I made it my priority to come and pay you a visit." With a motive. But then, what Kindred did not have motive of some form or other? She raised an eyebrow slightly. "You have inspired great loyalty in some of your more prominent members of the Camarilla of this city. When it was clear that your whereabouts were unknown, it became necessary to have someone put into power. As you may not know, I was who was chosen." she told him.

She strode closer, looking out the window that Archon had been, looking over the city in the night, pausing for a long moment. "You will have to reward your Senechal for her tactics." she said, still looking out at the city that had been hers for a time. "She came to me first and made damn well sure I knew what the rules of taking over your position would be." she said, casting Archon a look that spoke of her annoyance with being the puppet. "I am acting-Prince now, under the conditions that if you were to return, then authority would return to you.. should you so choose." she explained. She didn't like it but there it was. She would rather give up the reins then have her head cut off. She gave him the facade of a smile again. "So Prince Hamilton, the ball is in your court."
Archon Hamilton
Ancillae
Ancillae

Archon heard a knock upon his door but did not turn around. He merely continued looking out the window. "Enter." Was all that Archon said. Then he heard footsteps. Two sets of footsteps to be exact. So the other woman brought a friend, whatever gave her comfort. Archon had learned since his arrival back in the city that she was the one whom had become Prince. Not his Seneschal. He will have to have a talk with her when next he can. The foot steps behind him drew nearer and nearer. Then they stopped fairly close behind him. So did the second pair. Again he was unsure why she brought company. He will ask her in a moment. Archon continued to stand there. He did not acknowledge the woman right away. A subtle hint as to whom was in charge. Finally Archon spoke.

"Sit down Primogen. Was my summons of you unclear in some way? You were instructed to come alone." Archon then and finally turned around. There was no smile on his face. Mock or otherwise. Once she and her masked friend had sit down Archon took his own seat sitting straight up. His hands, but not elbows resting on the table. "It is good to be back. I have been very busy. The Primogen thought I was dead? Unfortunately for them Primogen Tiernay, I am not so easy to kill. Thank you for assuming the role of leadership here in my city. Archon made sure to call her by her former station, just another way of reminding the other Kindred across from him whom was in charge.

"We Ventrue lead my example to all the Kindred. Tis only natural that some of that would inspire other Kindred. I am glad they had remained loyal. Loyalty to ones Prince, so many often forget it when they fall victim to flights of fancy or other rubbish. No more. When I was away, it was made clear to me that while I was a Prince of the People, I may not have had the respect of my peers, not just within this city but other Princes as well. A firmer hand is needed, no coddling. I will be the Prince this city needs, not wants. I have returned." The Prince said, his eyes unblinking and his gaze stern, like a father would look at his children when they misbehaved.

Archon listened to the woman across from him talk about how he had to admire the Seneschal's tactics about how she made clear that should he return she was to step down. Again Archon did not smile.
"Acting Prince. Then act no more, I relieve you your obligation. You may immediately resume your role as Primogen. As for giving my Seneschal laud, that is something that I can not do for she herself was negligent in her duties. It should have been her that was acting Prince, not you. Do not however let my displeasure at that demean my thanks to you. For your service as acting Prince I shall grant you a Major Boon to be acted upon such time that you see fit. You're welcome." Archon stated, his voice level.

His eyes then fell to her friend.
"Whom is this and why did you bring them? Dismiss them, they are not needed here." Archon said lifting his hand toward the door and looking at the other man. He then brought his gaze back to the woman. "The ball, thank you for holding it for me. Now that I resume my position of Prince, what do you intend to do? Hmmm? Are you content to go back to your Primogenship? Or has the sip of power you been given corrupted you so greatly that you can not let it go and will hire assassins or attempt a Praxis? Hmmmm?" Archon asked the other woman bluntly. Archon was to old for more games than what was necessary.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Katerina glanced back at Sindri, who'd been like a shadow to her in recent weeks. "I would have come alone, as you instructed, if I had any choice in the matter." she replied with annoyance. "Your Seneschal was being thorough in ensuring that I stick to my word in the matter of the seat of power..." she stated, glaring at Sindri's reflective lenses set into his mask. She could see herself but nothing of the Kindred beneath. The Malkavian was like that though, she had come to notice; cold and cryptic in everything he did. Despite what she was, despite everything she had survived in her long life, Sindri's very presence gave her the chills. She finally turned back to Archon, bowing her head. "Then I return to you full control of the city, Prince Archon." she said formally, officiating the transfer of power back to the Ventrue. "And once again, resume my position as Toreador Primogen, at your will. And my thanks, Prince Hamilton." she added to his reward for her service. It was what she had been hoping for.

She looked back once again to Sindri. "Cyrus Sindri." she answered Archon's question. "Sheriff to the Prince previous to your rule and again to me, as a condition set by your Seneschal Kelly." she explained. She saw the Malkavian take in what the Prince had said and with a small, sharp nod to the Prince, Sindri left, his task now complete. He hadn't even looked to Katerina for her order; he was under orders from no one save the true Prince. As soon as Sindri was gone, she turned her attention back to Archon. "Think nothing of it, my Prince." she said, hiding any emotions well. "It was made more than well clear that my reign was temporary and as long as my.. contribution has been recognized, I am content. I will resume my place as Toreador Primogen, by your leave." she replied to his questioning. She gave him a small smile. "I have seen the power of those who are loyal to you and even attempting such a thing would be pure suicide." she admitted, just as unwilling to play word games at present. Snip any hint of threat in the bud now. "I might have liked it but I am not stupid. I can be content with what I have. I'd rather be a 'live' Primogen than meet my Final Death in any foolhardy attempt at power."
Archon Hamilton
Ancillae
Ancillae

Archon listened to what the woman said about how she would have come alone as per her instructions but his Seneschal left a guard dog to safe guard his position. She will have to be commended for that after he scolds her. Archon continued to listen to the Toreador Primogen. She "officially" gave him back his title and accepted her role as Primogen of her Clan once more. "Thank you Primogen Tiernay. It is good to be back. I see that my Seneschal had enough sense to put in a watch dog to guard my interests and vestments into this city and her Kindred. as for your thanks, it is appreciated but completely unneeded. You rose to the occasion, and I rewarded you thusly. I do hope that you fine the reward well suited for your time served, unless of course you believe yourself being treated...unfairly?" Archon asked the woman with a raising of his brow.

As Tiernay looked back at the other man behind her.
"Cyrus Sindri" Archon repeated the other mans name. He heard of this man before and only met him in passing. He was the unconfirmed lover of his Senseschal. Archon had never outright asked her as that would not be behavior becoming of a Scion. The man however had a reputation that preceded him. Archon would have to talk to Kindred later and inquire rather or not he would like to retain his position, maybe even act as Archon's personal guard. Not that Archon was a stranger to combat. No he did his time as an enforcer for his Clan. He remembered it like it was yesterday. Archon closed his eyes for moment, an almost evil smirk subtly crossing his lips in his reverie. Then Archon opened his eyes, brought back to the hear and now by the Tiernay's talking.

He allowed himself to smile at the other woman's words.
"Yes, allies in this life are an absolute must. One must take special care in their choosing. Each ally I make is one that can either benefit me or my Domain, which in turn helps my power grow. On top of that I have considerable personal power, and I can altogether make someones unlife really uncomfortable if I so choose. I am not one to trifle with lightly. Which is why I am glad that you have to sense not hold on to my title. An intelligent move on your part my dear. I commend you. Bide your time, wait a few centuries. If you truly wish Princeship that badly, it shall come to you in that time. Remember Primogen, eternity is a long time, and we are creatures that take to Jyhad with more....intuitiveness than one might think. And if you must be a pawn to someone, choose your controller wisely. If there is nothing else, you are dismissed." Archon said looking into the eyes of the Toreador Primogen to see how long she would meet his steely gaze, knowing that he was a Ventrue, and Ventrue could Dominate.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Katerina's eyes flicked to Archon's face but only for a very slim moment and not enough to catch his gaze before she bowed and then turned, leaving the room. She had been around long enough to know how to play it careful. Even giving up the power she had held for months, she came away with something. She had more respect from her Primogen colleagues than previous, new ties to her web of contacts and the favour of the Prince. Truth be told, with as bloodless as it had been, it wasn't a bad trade off at all, she thought as she began to head out. She passed by Ms. Kelly and her Malkavian in the hall, giving them both nods of recognition as she passed.

------------------------

Keira watched the former-acting-Prince leave, trying to show nothing on her face. She was, in fact, amused though; Katerina was the Prince and yet it had been Keira pulling the strings. Even now she held some form of power over her own clan's Primogen. Here she was, probably a tenth of the age as Katerina Tiernay and yet.. It was just amusing. She glanced back to Cy who stood in front of her. He had been busy as of late and it had been too long since they'd been together. She smiled at him, running a hand along the side of his mask tenderly before she realized that the doors to Prince Hamilton's room were open and he could clearly see them. She began to pull away, to go and talk to her Prince but she could tell Cy was worried. She gave him a comforting look. "I'll be fine." she whispered to him. "Just wait out here."

With that, she headed inside, closing the doors behind her. She stopped before Archon, bowing deeply. "Prince Hamilton. We had worried for your safety in your absence." she said. "Even my grand-Sire, Mirella, did not know of your fate. We had hoped for your return." she added, standing upright again. The look on Archon's face, or perhaps the lack of a look, concerned her. She had done what she could to the best of her abilities during his absence but he did not look pleased. She was more than prepared to defend herself but she could only hope she would get a fair hearing. She had known Archon before he took the Princedom and had in fact helped him to ascend to that position but alliances within Kindred society could be slippery and sometimes easily forgotten.. often on purpose. "I assume from the look on Primogen Tiernay's face as she left that you have, in fact, resumed your rule of the city." she stated. "I am here to once again pledge my services to you if you have need of them."
Archon Hamilton
Ancillae
Ancillae

Archon watched the other woman meet his gaze for but a fraction of a second before her own turned from him and she bowed taking her leave. so the woman was aware of what he could do with but a sheer gaze and an inflection of will. Good, good. As Archon's eyes watched her go a wicked smirk played across his handsome face. All hail Caesar, for the Prince of Toronto was back with a vengeance. And vengeance was a dish best served over centuries. Toronto and her Kindred deserved a Prince that was going to bend the city and the Sabbat to his will, and Archon was going to give them that Prince. Toes would be stepped on, Kindred would be brought to Final Death, allies gained and lost. But was the cost to high to make Toronto the safe haven of Camarilla territory that it deserved to be? A voice deep inside told him no. Archon's wicked smirk turned into an evil smile before his face became the blank, unreadable mask it normally was when conducting business.

About this time Seneschal Kelly herself walked into the room. Archon outstretched his arm and gestured for her to take a seat.
"Seneschal Keira Kelly. Please...sit down." Archon said and steepled his fingers in front of him. Archon looked at her for a long moment not saying a word. He wanted trepidation, the fear to fester a little longer. Keira however was the first to break the tense silence. He listened as she welcomed him back to the city and told him how everyone expected the worse and that it was good to see him back. Archon nodded his head. "Yes it is good to be back. I am not so easily disposed of. Unlike many of my Clansmen, I am not made of glass. And yes I have reclaimed my Princeship. She was only all to willing to give it back to me. But alas, I digress. To business." Archon stood up and walked over to the window overlooking his city. His back turned to Keira.

He clasped his hands behind his back. He did not turn to face her when he began speaking.
"Seneschal Kelly, as you know per the Traditions and customs of the Camarilla it is the duty of the Seneschal, the Seneschal, to rule in absence of the Prince. NOT a selected Primogen." Archon's voice was alarmingly calm and level despite the obvious inflection of dissatisfaction in his words. Then he turned around and faced her. "So please, tell me why it is that I go to strengthen our foot hold and in my absence my right hand is negligent in her duties to Prince and sect?" Archons face was a blank, albeit handsome mask of stone. He stood there waiting her answer and reasoning with his hands still clasped behind his back at the very least willing to hear what his Seneschal has to say in her defense.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Yes, the Prince wasn't happy indeed, Keira could see as she sat at his behest. His words to her were level and face calm but she knew how to read between the lines. She'd seen him angry before though and knew at least she could explain herself this time. She bowed her head once quickly before looking Prince Hamilton square in the eyes. He was older than she, his powers to manipulate others surely greater and looked him in the eyes, the seat of those powers, anyways. She wanted him to know that while she was loyal, she wouldn't be ruled by fear. She showed only her confident, strong side. "My Prince, I did what I thought I must. Yes, as you say, it is customary for the Seneschal to overtake responsibilities of the Princedom in the absence of the Prince but there were attenuating factors." she began.

"We had not only a rogue Tremere Justicar on the loose at the time to deal with but also there were encroaching Sabbat. The Justicar was after what we had found to likely be Antediluvian blood, stored mystically and hidden in the city. It was during this that I asked Primogen Tiernay to act as Prince for one sole reason." She shook her head slightly. "You know my age compared to the Primogen, to other higher ranked members of the Camarilla of this city. They all know too. While they may respect my position, they respect those who did the appointing, their word, not me." she said. Quickly, she added in, "I am not making an excuse here, if you'll hear me out fully. Yes, I could have made them respect me, even fear me to keep them in line but we had limited time to stop that Justicar and I couldn't have the Primogen hunting for power, waiting to stab me in the back when there were more important matters to concentrate on. Not only the Primogen either. The Sabbat keep tabs on what is happening; a weakening and in-fighting amongst us here would have created opportunity for them to gain ground within the city. I sought only to halt this by asking someone with the respect and backing of the rest of the Primogen to step in instead." she explained. "Someone that I had control over."

"As Mirella had disappeared at first as well, the city was also without a Sheriff. I asked Cy.. Cyrus Sindri, who was formerly Sheriff for many years to Prince Winters before, to step in and be Sheriff once again for Primogen Tiernay. It was a two-fold tactic: to keep an eye on her and to keep her in line. She knew that her role as acting Prince was reliant on my words. In this case, I concluded that the ability to lead from the curtains far outweighed the tradition of me becoming acting Prince. Doing so would have only destabilized the power structure in a time when it was vital to keep it strong." she said. "I did not do this out of negligence, my Prince, but only after considering all the forces at work and which path would best keep the Camarilla of the city running efficiently and keep our enemies at bay."

She paused a moment. Dipping her gaze in respect now. "The Ventrue rule from the fore, as its been for centuries but we Toreador know that often, it is better to rule from behind the scenes, to not become a target when in times of strife. Show your foes.. or even those around who wish power, a strong and well-known leader and that will keep them from acting. Put an untested, youngling in and those who are ambitious will choose to strike just to test the waters. We could not have that at the time." she concluded. "Decide what you will to me, Prince Hamilton but I do not regret my choice and it has worked out as I had planned it." She looked at him once again, straight in the eyes, with a brave face.