Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Werewolf : Forging a Pack

Post by Keira Kelly »

Kate turned back around as Akane finally trailed in. She smiled hearing Akane's words. She held out a hand. "Welcome then, friend!" she replied, pleased. Perhaps this urrah did have some real Garou blood in her then. "Remember I'm not the final word on this and neither is Veli for that matter, but if he gives his endorsement of you.. well that's all it took to have me accepted by this Sept." she told the Glass Walker.

Her head was drawn back towards the cooking meat on the spit over the fire. Damn, it smelt good. Her stomach rumbled in sympathy but she knew enough not to go running for it. Especially as something of an outsider and still just a pup, at least until after the Rite was performed, her place was just about at the bottom of the pecking order among the Garou here. The leader always eats first; one of the primary rules and one that had been drilled into her even though it had been in her nature anyways to defer to those of higher status than she.

As they waited around, it wasn't too long before other members of the small Sept began to gather; both because of the meal almost being cooked and because word of the pups' return had gotten around. Eventually Alrick and Hans arrived, having been somewhere in the deeper reaches of the extensive cave system. Alrick studied the younglings. "So you survived after all." he said, looking at all of them but really expecting their leader to be their spokesman. "And what kind of test did my old friend Kilian have in store for the lot of you? Don't you lie now, I will be finding out first hand soon enough.." he warned but there was warmth in his voice. Alrick was a good leader, strong and serious but also one who cared deeply about all of his group.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

“I see, then we will see… what the future has in store for us…” The albino said and quickly sat in seiza. As it seemed it was going to take a while before it was their turn to eat, might as well make one self comfortable.
In the end the leader of the sept appeared too. Well he seemed like a good enough guy and by the look of the people of the sept he must have been a good leader. Akane could only hope she would be allowed to become part of them, but right now she was more curious what he would think of their little adventure.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren
Clan: Lasombra
Garou Tribe: Get of Fenris
Fera Tribes: Simba
SM Chapter: Blood Angels

Post by Veli Alvar »

Veli sat up, surprised to see the whole sept gathered around in the area of the cave he was in. Alrick didn't seem so surprised to see the pups alive; Veli couldn't tell if that was either because he had so much faith in the young ones or because he didn't care much. Didn't matter to either way, he thought. So Kilian and Alrick were old friends? Emphasis on 'were' he thought... surprised that Alrick had no idea of what had happened to Kilian.

"Haakon is no longer walking among us. He had some sept members whom had aligned themselves with the wyrm and dispatched him, to say the least. We were initially told to return because of his condition but there was no way we were leaving without finishing what we came for. One of their higher stationed garou told us that if we wanted to help we could take care of the renegades which we had done, in addition to their twisted dancer friends. Of course, this is the boring version.. Kate has a much better way of retelling what we had gone through if you want to hear it." Veli explained as he glanced towards Kates direction. Her version of the story was more impressive. However, it was a shame that Alrick had to find out about Kilian like this. Nothing could have been about that unfortunately.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

As Veli spoke, Alrick's face darkened and hardened. The grizzled warmth that had been present there was gone for the moment. "Our brothers would murder one of their own to make deals with the minions of the Wyrm?" he asked quietly but in a strong voice. "Why would they do such a thing..." He didn't expect an answer to that but was merely voicing what everyone was thinking. Slowly he shook his head. "The Garou Nation has lost a strong fighter and wise leader; one who dispatched many tainted ones and dealt serious blows to the Wyrm's plans over the years. I fought side by side with Kilian of the Sept of the Green and he was an honourable Garou. He will be missed." he spoke with a hint of sorrow.

There was then a moment of silence in which the assembled Sept kept their own thoughts about the price of their eternal war to keep balance. It began to become awkward at which point, the Sept's Talesinger, Petter stepped forward. "A noble wolf has fallen. Let us then hear the tale of how those responsible for the slaying were brought to rightful justice!" he proclaimed, looking to Alrick for agreement.

Alrick nodded, looking back at the pups. "Yes, tell us what happened then while we dine." he added, as he got up going over to the fire and checking on the meat which was by now done. He pulled a blade from a sheath at his hip and cut off a fair chunk of the considerably sized haunch of deer that was roasting. As he sat back down, another member of the pack was making rounds bringing an odd assortment of bottles of beer and canteens of water around to all the Garou who began to take their turn to take a share of the meat in order of their status.

Kate really wanted to wait her turn and grab some food as soon as possible but eyes were beginning to look to her for the story. Thanks Veli, she thought sarcastically but she knew he wouldn't have realized how it would have worked out. She'd only partly come up with the story as they'd been travelling; she'd have to wing the rest.

Ingrid came over near her and leaned in close. "I'll grab your portion of the food so you won't be left with nothing.." she whispered.

Kate smiled gratefully to the older Fianna and nodded in thanks then stood up in front of everyone, feeling really self-conscious at that moment. Okay, you did this before, Kate, she thought to herself, though it was only in front of the pack. Her stomach rumbled again in hunger and she glanced over at the meat. The other pups were finally being allowed to take their share beginning with Veli. Kate did noticed that the metis had yet to eat; he'd probably be last it seemed. It didn't really surprise her; that was fitting.

She turned back to the Sept. "Out of the darkness we charged, howling like mad banshees, intent on the destruction of those unnatural foes which waited for us in the depths of the pit! We crashed into the traitors like some great wave on the beach and drowned the bastards in their own blood...." she repeated with fire. "The numbers were even but the footings were not; those young ones who sought to gain their place were face to face against an enemy well tested in battle. Each picked out a target and leaped into the fight; blood and fur were soon flying in the depths of the night. Luna shone down as we beat the foe back. One Dancer's head was cracked like the insect he was, the other's viscera soon decorated the ground." She paused slightly to take a breath, smiling at the memory of how she'd ripped that abominations guts out. "The leader among traitors took fangs through the neck and the rest were waylaid until their former brothers and sisters had chance to attack. When it was over, the minions of the Wyrm and those who had betrayed their own Sept were no more, cleansed from this Earth." she finished. There was a long moment of silence and she feared that it must have really sucked.

Alrick then began to clap, and soon the rest of the Sept joined in, making Kate feel relieved. "Good story!" proclaimed Alrick. "Good story, girl. Veli, boy, you made a fine choice of Galliard there!" he called over. "If she's as good at fighting as she is at storytelling, you might just have a keeper there." he laughed before becoming only slightly more serious. "Also, Veli, you'll need to introduce your new friend there. Picked up another one on your quest, hmm?" he asked, awaiting a more formal introduction.

As this was going on, Kate came over to sit in the close circle with the other pups. Ingrid brought her over a good sized piece of venison and one of the bottles of beer that have been given out. Kate thanked the woman quickly out of politeness before quickly digging into the food that her stomach was begging for.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

One thing about Veli was that he would be ultra-focused on something and completely forget whats going on around him. Such was the case once more when his share of venison had arrived. Cooked to near-perfection over the blaze, the aroma was too much for the starving ahroun. He was quite a messy eater as well but it didn't matter one bit to him. As he chewed through the scrumptious meal he would let out periodical growls; it wasn't known to him whether anybody else could hear him. To have such a delicious tasting share of venison as his first meal in days had him in a state of bliss.

Benno then tapped Veli who quickly gave him an aggressive stare and snarl. Benno backed off a bit. "Are you going to introduce the girl we found?" he said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Veli looked around the room to see everybody staring at him, awaiting his response. "The girl is Akane Squall, a glass walker we came across on the way to Haakons sept. I don't know what she wants to do..." he said, his mouth clearly full. He chewed a bit more as he added: "You should ask her and see what you do with her." he explained as he returned to enjoying his meal.

Veli didn't have much say on whether Akane could stay with the sept or not. He was neutral on the matter; as long as she wasn't weak, Veli would be glad to have her around.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

The food tasted better than Kate had expected but then they hadn't been living on much the past week or so. Most of them hadn't had much money if any on them so buying from stores was mostly out of the question and though they'd had the opportunity to catch animals such as rabbits or deer, they'd only been able to take advantage of that once or twice as the quick pace set by Veli hadn't allowed for time to prepare a kill properly. Kate hadn't been disagreeable to that however; she'd wanted to get home too even if it meant a few hungry nights. She tore at the juicy meat with her teeth, swallowing it down ravenously. She was almost regretful when she finished the last of what she had been given; she wasn't so much hungry anymore but it had been good. She was full and warm and in a good mood now, feeling that she'd been more than accepted by this Sept.

As she cast a last look over at what remained on the spit, she saw the mule, the metis, going to take his share finally. She sniffed at the air in his direction. Yeow.. she could smell him even from here, over the fire and cooked meat. By Gaia, those metis were malodorous, disfigured curs, she thought. She turned her attention quickly away as the mule caught her staring. Instead, she grabbed the beer she'd been given, cracking off the lid and taking a swig.

Like a proper German ale, it was bitter but strong. Well, at least strong in terms of human beer, she thought. The brews she'd had with the other Fianna back home in England were rather more potent. Those had led to some interesting celebrations, she recalled with a grin. While the Fianna liked to fight almost as much as the Get of Fenris, they sure knew how to have fun as well. Maybe one of the Fianna here had something of a stash to crack open in celebration of the pups' triumphant return. She'd have to go and see about that soon. She was so caught up on the notion that she almost missed the exchange between Alrick and Veli. They were talking about Akane she realized.

Alrick looked to Akane. "Girl!" he called from where he sat nearby. "Are you of a Sept, of a Pack?" he asked her. "Tell us of your intentions here." he coaxed. "I get the impression you fought alongside our pups and returned with them, something I suspect one already proven would not have done. We could always use more good fighters here. This land is increasingly under threat. So tell us what you want."
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Yes?" Akane quickly turned toward the man who spoke, still sitting in seiza." I'm of no pack or sept in that matter. When I was approached after my first change things didn't go well with the one who approached me and eventually I was sent to orphanage at another town, Essen. Since the meeting with that garou I kept away from most chances to meet other of our kind, but after spending time with them..." Akane raised her hand towards the rest of the pack she spend her time last week with."... I see how wrong I was with my fears... I want...no, I hope to be given a chance to become one of you. While I still have a long way to go on my skills, I'm an adept fighter and can easily hold my ground and I hope I've proven that in our battle against the traitors."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Alrick frowned at Akane's story; it was an odd one for a Garou. What kind of Sept was this that had been keeping an eye on her and that had messed up so badly obviously, he wondered. "I see." he answered. He paused for a moment, considering. "Well, I will never turn away a Garou in need, especially one that is proven against the minions of the Wyrm." He turned his gaze to Veli. "Veli, as leader of your pack, it is your choice if you will accept this Glass Walker. Has she proven herself to you? Has she proven that she can pull her own weight and that you wish her to be one of your own?" he asked.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

Veli finally finished his meal as he wiped his hands on his ripped up shirt. "Cool with me, Alrick-rhya. She's pretty competent.. just don't fuck up or you'll get the boot. That goes for all of you." he said, still wiping his hands.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

“As my leader commands! I swear upon name and honor I shall fight the enemies of Gaia, win or die trying as my parents before me.” Akane said and bowed.
Well this was certainly a new experience for her. For the young albino this was the first time she was with so many of her kind and they certainly were different from the one that first approached her back then. Gosh how much she like it when she sliced his throat after her injured her friends, insulted her parents honor and Akane herself, and how relieved she was when she found he was going to survive the wound. She didn’t really want to kill him. The albino smiled at the picture of all of the sept she was now part of.” Yeah I made the right decision this time.” She though as she started to eat too. The food tasted like anything she ever ate, but it was now among her favorite foods.