Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Werewolf : Forging a Pack

Post by Keira Kelly »

A buzzer went off. Kate rubbed at her eyes as she stumbled around her small dorm room in the semi-darkness. The room was tiny, barely big enough for the small desk and bed she had in there but that didn't bother her; it felt small and safe, comfortable. Like a den or something and at least it was hers alone. She'd always felt like an outsider to normal people.. for all of her life. It was only five years ago that she'd found out why that was. Something that had changed her life but still made her wonder why it had been her. Well, that didn't matter so much; it was what it was and she lived with it. She'd lived with her kind since she'd found out, being taught by them on the whys and hows of being Garou and more specifically, a Fianna Galliard. The terms had begun to feel more natural on her lips as she mouthed them quietly to herself as she got dressed.

She only moved here to Essen a few months ago when classes had started in the university she'd applied to. Oh, she could have gone to school back at home but she wanted to get out on her own, away from the Fianna sept that she'd lived with. She wanted a bit of peace to be able to figure out who she really was and how she fit into this world, both as a person and as a faol as the Fianna liked to call themselves. She'd yet to meet any local Garou, if there were any.. she really had no idea. But her classes were taking up a good chunk of her time, preventing her from going out and actively searching.

She put a foot up on a chair as she tied her running shoe and afterwards exchanging it for the other foot to do the same. She had to get her run in though this morning and she had a somewhat early class so that meant getting up even earlier. She grabbed up her music player, clipping on to her shirt as she put in her ear bud headphones and started out the door, locking it behind her and heading out of the dorm building. She couldn't wait to start running; it had been a routine of hers for years now, ever since she'd gotten into gymnastics when she'd been younger. It had been a while since she'd been in competitions but she still liked to keep active and exercise daily.

Outside, it was getting a bit lighter but the heavy fog that shrouded everything was keeping the dawn's twilight intact. She walked out to the path leading into the woods on the university's property, stretching out her muscles as the cool mist flowed around, cutting out all sounds. Finished warming up, she switched on her music, and began to jog at a medium pace out into the forest path, having to keep looking down to make sure she was still on it and not about to run into a tree with the visibility so poor.

Suddenly she saw a dark shape out of the corner of her vision as she mists swirled, breaking the cover of whoever was out there. Kate almost missed a step as she swung her head around but already, the figure was invisible once more. She tore the ear buds from her ears but kept running along, prepared to take off if she needed to, listening for any sign of whoever was there. If they thought they could surprise her, attack her... they would find that they had picked the wrong victim, she thought with a growl. She stopped then, decided she didn't want to run but would stand and fight, feeling the anger running through her that someone would dare try to stalk her. "Come on, coward..." she muttered, trying to pinpoint where the figure was now and where they might strike from.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren
Clan: Lasombra
Garou Tribe: Get of Fenris
Fera Tribes: Simba
SM Chapter: Blood Angels

Re: Werewolf : Forging a Pack

Post by Veli Alvar »

Traversing through the heavy fog was bad enough but now Veli had to look for the final addition to the pack whom was to take part in the Rite of Passage along with them. "I can't see a damn thing." he said to himself, almost with a growl. He couldn't be too mad however because he was the one to take up the responsibility and well, he saw himself as the best to do so. An Ahroun of Get descent, Veli stood at 6'4; very imposing to the majority of human beings. A life of struggle was not unbeknownst to him who had been neglected by his father and had never even been told of a description of his mother. He had been waiting for this day since he found out what he truly was.

Veli spotted a figure who had stopped just straight ahead of his view. He couldn't see who or what it was but it wouldn't hurt to find out. "By Gaia I hope I've found her." he said as he took a large leap forward, intent on not letting her out of his view. He landed in a squatting position with one hand on the ground as he looked up at the lady a few feet ahead. Standing, his facial expression signaled frustration as he wiped the dirt from his hand onto his torso. "I am mentally ill, ma'am, so my question to you is do you know of the wolves?" he told her. He didn't want to risk asking of the Garou to an ape, so he created a facade hoping she would catch on to it if she were one of his sisters.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Kate held her ground as a young man, perhaps around her age, landing in front of her. She had her shoulders hunched, ready to launch into an attack at a moment's notice. She kept her green eyes on the man but also listened, just in case there were any others out in the fog, preparing for ambush. The man before her was tall, towering over her own 5'9 height which made her feel just a touch less intimidating than she wanted. The other thing that did so was the fact that the man moved with pure confidence, sure of every movement and gesture. She had to struggle not to instinctively respond to the body language he was emitting that spoke of confident leadership.

She bared her teeth, making clear her threat, waiting for the man to make the first move. As he stood, he began to speak, apparently ignoring her threat display. When he said the word 'wolves', that shocked her out of her defensiveness however. She stared at the man from narrowed eyes as she studied him more closely. Could he be? She was just regretting a bit not being in another form to be able to better take in scent and find out. Though she loved her human form, some of the senses were almost non-existent compared to the other forms. She could see the man was waiting and probably wouldn't wait for her answer forever. "Liar." she accused, knowing he wasn't mentally ill but the real question was, was he Garou or did he just know of them somehow? She so desperately wanted to find others of her kind though; she'd have to risk something.

She decided to play it safe; humans did not know of Garou tribes and auspices.. or at least so she'd been taught. If one was questioning about wolves in general, a reply to that might be too much information but if she spoke of her tribe, she could only pray that only another Garou would know the references. "I know of the Fianna faol..." she answered cautiously, using the Gaelic term her tribe used for the word 'wolf', a term not likely known by a German, if that's what he was... though his accent sounded off. She stared straight into the man's grey eyes, challenging him to respond. "What of you?" she asked. "You aren't deranged... What do you know of wolves?"
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

Veli watched as the woman before him responded with her body. She was ready for a fight. Veli smirked at the thought that she likely would have struck him had he landed any closer to her. It was clear she was not a weak being for she had enough heart to challenge the pseudo-giant. He liked her already and this was the first time they had ever even seen each others faces. If she were to be a Garou, the quaint uneasy feeling he had about the Rite of Passage just went away.

His eyes widened at her mention of the word Fianna; they were of the 13 tribes taught to him by the sept leader. "So you are my sister." he exclaimed as he felt what couldn't be described. Most of the other cubs in the pack were more submissive, maybe it was because of his presence; then again maybe not, so to find a packmate for the Rite who will stand down to nothing, it made him excited.

"I am just a Get of Fenris and know as much about the wolves as you probably do." he answered her. "Today is the day that we prove our worth as Garou. It is the day that we shed as pups and emerge as Gaias protectors. My name is Veli Alvar and I am here to take you back to our pack... we will be undergoing the Rite of Passage." he explained to the guarded Garou. "With all due respect, if you choose not to go of your own accord, I will have to drag you there." Veli was told by the sept leader that everyone who was to undergo the Rite of Passage will have to be present and he was not intent on failing his first duty on the way to becoming a fully-fledged Garou but he expected a viscous battle if she were not to follow along.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Well, so much for her morning run, Kate thought, but at the same time learning of other Garou in the area was a great relief. She lowered her shoulders and stood more upright, out of the defensive position she'd taken up but it wasn't until the man finally stated his identity that she allowed herself to relax more. An amused smiled spread on her face at the thought of this giant trying to drag her anywhere; it might have been fun to see him try, she thought, but to be accepted by a group and a sept here... she wouldn't turn that down. She wanted to prove herself to them and to herself.

"Veli." she said, at least a bit formally, bowing her head slightly in response now to his dominant nature she could read of his body language, but only just enough to show her respect but not complete submission. She'd been taught introductions were important rituals. She had noticed Veli had not mentioned his auspice but that was not a slight she would make herself. "I am Kate Flynn of England, Fianna Galliard and I am honoured that you'd allow me to join you." she spoke carefully though the fire never left her eyes just as the hint of smile remained on her lips. "I must be pretty damn good at something for you to have tracked all the way out here to recruit for your pack, friend." she said with a small laugh. "All without us ever having met..."

She wondered how they had known about her and why this Veli was so willing to have her join his pack. They couldn't be that desperate for more cubs, could they? Then again, that was one reason she'd left her own sept back in England. There had been no other cubs waiting to for their rite and she wasn't content to wait around any longer; she'd done five years of apprenticeship with an elder of the tribe and she just wanted to go out and see new sights and find her own pack.

"A Get, huh?" she asked, extending a hand both in a gesture of greeting and additionally as her agreement to joining his group. "Sounds like I could have a fair bit of fun with the likes of you. You're the first of your tribe I have met but I've most definitely heard about you; that you enjoy a good scuffle just as much as my tribe does!" she added. A rite of passage; not only would such a thing finally let her become a real member of a pack and a sept but whatever it would take to succeed would likely be a fair bit of sport as well.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

Kates response was delightful to Veli whom had already flirted with the idea of both of them going through the Rite. He is trying to to forge a connection with each member of the pack to make everybody feel more at ease and encourage better coordination as well as cooperation. He'd like to claim himself as the unofficial leader but the position is vacant.. if nobody else is to take it, then Veli will. The idea of a challenge for the position is not foreign to him either and he would always welcome a good battle.

Veli reached his hand out to shake Kates in genuine pleasure to make her acquaintance. He had heard of the Fiannas fire; the drive to accomplish what they desire. In comparison to the Gets lust for a good battle, the Fianna could just as well channel their large reserves of energy to match that of a Gets. "There is no doubt in my mind that the very planet will shake when we couple our abilities." he told her as he shook her hand.

In a spur of the moment Veli had remembered of the heavy fog enveloping the entire area. "We had better go back to the sept. I don't know if this fog will get worse... if it does it will be a while before we get to go anywhere at all." he claimed. He turned his body to the direction where the rest of the sept were located, the right, but all he could see was fog. Fog everywhere. "Are you able to see anything at all in this direction?" he asked Kate while pointing straight ahead of where he was standing.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Though the day was getting lighter, the mist was still a solid grey wall around them. Kate shook her head. "Sorry." she answered with a shrug. "Bloody low visibility. I don't wager I can see much more than you can." She knew well enough the direction she was facing, which way she'd stopped; the university was behind her right now and the path was somewhat discernible.. at least in a close radius to them but she couldn't much help in tracking back to this sept. She didn't know where they were located and hadn't even had an indication in the few nights she'd actually been out searching the woods. Then again, she hadn't yet passed out of the land owned by the university and there were many woods in the area. "I take it you came a fair ways?"

Kate started shaking her head as she continued to try to stare through the fog. "Can't see a bloody thing.." she muttered. "The scent should still be strong enough to follow if we hurry.. in the right form of course." she suggested. She gave Veli a look when he didn't answer right away. "Fine.." she said as she pulled off her mp3 player and handed it to him. "I'll be right back then and don't you dare peek!" she said in mock frustration. That was the only annoying thing about turning was worrying about clothing. With that, she moved off through the fog, making sure to duck behind the nearest tree as well before starting to strip. She couldn't help but feel really modest, especially after what had happened that first time... A sting of guilt ran through her at that thought but she pushed it away and finished folding her clothes into a neat pile.
Shift to Lupus from Homid
difficulty : 6
Successes Needed : 5
Roll : 8,6,10,2,9,5,5, (2)
Successes: 4
Form : Hispo
Kate fell to the damp forest floor as her limbs began to contort, changing in size to better fit a four-legged stance. Her face extended out until it was a muzzle containing massive canine teeth. Ears extended to points and reddish fur quickly covered her changing body and a wolf tail grew where there had been none. The most uncomfortable part though was the feeling of her ribcage changing shape, squeezing her internal organs around into new orientations. It didn't hurt exactly but she still thought it just felt very odd. After just a handful of seconds, instead of a woman standing in the woods, there stood a massive wolf unlike any normal wolf.

Kate let out a sound of annoyance, something sounding more like a growl; not exactly the form she'd wanted to become but she still wasn't too practised at this shifting. At least it was close.. for now. She gingerly grabbed at the pile of her clothing with her wolf jaws, seeing as her.. paws would not be up to the task of grabbing and holding objects. She crept cautiously back out to where she'd left this Veli, watching and sniffing for any sign of others. If a normal human saw her in her lupus form, they'd only think 'wolf'; if they saw her like this... well, they'd be thinking 'monster wolf!' and that wouldn't have been a good thing.

She slunk out of the mists and stopped in front of the Get, putting her clothing pile down in front of him and nudging it towards him with her nose. Her green eyes met his, in a soundless request. She hoped he would understand. She knew that others of their kind had a language they could speak over just about any form; she'd seen and heard it to an extent but learning it was not allowed for those not yet initiated. She made a slight whine, a sound that was almost completely out of place for the monster-wolf form as she liked to call it.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

Veli bent over to recover the items of the Fianna Hispo with an expression of confusion. He didn't think she meant to shift into near-wolf form but it was just as good, give or take. A feeling of embarrassment came over him when she went around to remove her clothes; he had not experienced a woman changing clothes in close proximity to him. The feeling withered quickly, however.

"I am offended that you would think I'd peek at you." he mentioned jokingly however he did not expect a response from the Hispo and he'd rather not make her strain herself to speak in words when a more urgent task was at hand. He had not seen a Garou in the near-wolf form but knew enough of the 5 forms to conclude that the much larger and vicious looking wolf before him was not a lupus.

Veli removed his shoes; to him they were only a detriment in the woods. He is much nimbler and faster without them on the uneven ground. "Let's see if you can still track my scent back to the sept. I did travel a ways here but did get here rather quickly.. I like to run." he explained. He waited for Kate to attempt to track the scent because there was really no other way to backtrack through the thick fog. The humidity was so high that Veli felt a sweat coming on.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

The massive red wolf that was Kate whined again, ears going backwards, then let out a gruff sound as she glanced around, making sure there was no one yet in sight. With it this foggy, it would be the brave soul to go wandering in the woods this morning though. She concentrated once again, knowing that it would likely.. hopefully be easier to reach the more normal wolf shape she had been striving for.. and at least this time, there was no question of modesty involved.
Shift to Lupus from Hispo
difficulty : 7
Successes Needed : 2
Roll : 7,8,4,3,8,5,9
Successes: 4
Form : Lupus
Kate's massive form shrunk down to a bit under half the size she had been moments before, head, limbs and body thinning to a more sleek shape. She was still a fair size canine but nowhere near what she had been. She shook her purely wolf-like head now, glad to have accomplished what she had wanted in the first place. If someone saw them through the fog, they would just assume it was a guy walking his dog; as long as they didn't come close enough to see the uncommon reddish coloration to her fur or her piercing green eyes unlike any dog or wolf.

She wished she could tell Veli she'd been joking with the quip about peeking but she wasn't able to form words in this shape so she let out a small yip instead. She tilted her head to the side, in embarrassment as she came closer to Veli while he took off his shoes. There it was... the shoes had a good measure of his scent. Unexpectedly, she sneezed. She looked up sharply at Veli, unable to convey to him it was the fuzz from the socks he'd been wearing which she'd breathed in from the shoes and not actually his scent that had done it. She shook her head again, wanting to itch her nose but being unable to properly. She had to be content with rubbing her muzzle long the inside of one furry leg.

She turned back to the direction she'd originally seen Veli arrive from, finding the spot he'd landed in. That, at least, was easy enough to see as he'd left marks in the soft, damp earth of the path. She began sniffing around, trying to pick up the trail of his approach.
Tracking
Difficulty : 7 (+2 for weather, - 2 for lupus form)
Roll : 3,7,8,10,6,10,7
Successes : 5
25 minutes of tracking
She quickly caught on to where Veli had sprung from and from there on it was far easier tracking between each step he had taken. She lopped long, following her nose, trying not to go too fast so that her new companion who was still in human form could keep up as she could far outpace him in this four-legged body which was built for running. She yipped back to him every so often to make sure he was keeping up. Oh yes, this was the direction he had come... And of course, it was one of the ways she'd had yet to try to explore herself. There were.. or at least she thought she could detect faint other scents in this area... They were old though and really hard to distinguish beneath Veli's and all the wet vegetation around. Well, if there was a whole sept somewhere in the area.. they wouldn't be hiding away inside their caern all the time.

She was growing excited to get to their destination, to meet others like her. She wondered if this sept had any Fianna.. or any Galliards for that matter; others she could learn more from. She couldn't help as a small howl escaped her throat; a howl that conveyed her presence as well as the basic information about who she was. It was the first thing taught to her by the elder she'd taken apprenticeship under and been told it was important to always announce yourself properly to other Garou and right now she was too excited to even bother trying to stop herself. The sound that issued from her was that of a wolf howl but so much more at the same time, beautiful and otherworldly sounding; a trait of her tribe. Suddenly she stopped, sensing they were close. She waited for Veli, looking back for him.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

Veli paced himself in remaining just behind Kate. Lightly jogging but taking long strides he was either just behind her or 3 feet away. The fog was still thick and although Veli wished believe that they were near in actuality he had no idea. He would not convey this to Kate, however. He trusted her sense of tracking.

"We should be close by this is just about the right amount of distance I've covered." he assumed. As he took his strides he peered to his left and right at intervals to see if the fog had eased up just a little bit. It hadn't.

He continued to trail behind Kate while working up a sweat from the humidity; he despised the heavy air as it felt he was suffocating.