Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Sabbat : Pre-story

Post by Keira Kelly »

They continued down the other tunnel which looked like it might be leading to an alternate exit. Damn, if Samuel escaped this way and had managed to block off the tunnel behind him... they'd have a heck of a time trying to find him, Jenn thought. She was beginning to get angry that no one had blocked of this route but then again, they hadn't known about it. A subway station had so many different paths out of it that it was crazy to think their small group could have known and blocked them all and still had enough fighters. The tunnel was growing warmer and was lit by a orange glow. As they approached, there was a section of the tunnel that was nothing but flames. Jenn stopped crouching, standing up and staring at the fire. She muttered some curses. She kept an eye also behind them, just in case this was an ambush designed to drive them into the fire but so far, nothing. "Hey Harv, wasn't there a fire extinguisher back a ways?" she asked. She had thought she'd seen one in a maintenance room they had passed.
Deathcon
Methuselah
Methuselah
Clan: Giovanni
Garou Tribe: Uktena
Sabbat Clan: Assamite Antitribu

Post by Deathcon »

"I think so but I am not sure. This is some cowardly game." Harvey walked back and looked for anything to put out the fire.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Harvey disappeared down the hall but after a few minutes of waiting for him to return, Jenn decided she was too impatient to wait any longer.. plus the fire so close was getting to her. She didn't really like it that much and the smoke here was getting worse, making it harder to see. At least she didn't have to breathe it in though. With a frustrated sound, she hurried to where Harvey had gone, to where she thought she'd seen the stuff. As she turned a curve in the hall, she saw Harvey looking around. Maybe he just hadn't seen the right doorway. She moved past him, going to the maintenance room door just a bit beyond. It looked like people had been living here.. which they probably had, the other pack that is. There it was! Jenn grabbed the fire extinguisher off the wall mount, pleased to see that it was a bigger extinguisher. That fire would need all of it, she thought. "Come on." she told Harvey as she passed him again, lugging the big can.

She got to the fire, checked the instructions quickly on the side of the extinguisher and followed them, pointing the nozzle at the heart of the flames and depressed the trigger. White mist spewed out onto the fire. She directed the spray here and there until finally the fire was out, leaving a black, sooty mess of a hallway. She stopped. "Hey, what's that?" she asked, pointing to a black mass that was at the centre of the burned area. She moved more slowly up to it. Bones? The bones weren't exactly burnt; the fire hadn't been quite that hot but they were well blackened. She spotted a skull, beginning to reach for it but then rethinking that. It would still be hot. "Does.. that skull look kind of.. misshapen to you?" she asked Harvey. "Like maybe what a Nossie's would look like?"
Deathcon
Methuselah
Methuselah

Post by Deathcon »

He looked at the bones with suspicion "This seems a little to convenient to me."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Jenn shrugged. "Convenient or not, we have to do something about it. There must be some way of finding out if its Samuel or not." she replied. She looked back down the tunnel before turning to the charred area. Whoever had set the fire was probably long gone. She glanced over at Harvey. "Harv, here is a choice for you: either you go back and get Elisabeth and the rest or continue scouting down the tunnel to see where it leads while I get them." she offered. The station appeared as secured as they could tell and besides, a whole slew of them down here would make it even more so now that they were sure there weren't any immediate traps. "Maybe that old one can get something out of these bones. She seemed pretty proficient dealing with the dead before. Elisabeth's probably waiting on us anyways..." Jenn really didn't to keep her Sire waiting anymore than was necessary.
Deathcon
Methuselah
Methuselah

Post by Deathcon »

Harvey nodded "I'll continue ahead." He crouched down again letting the shadows embrace him and sneaked down the tunnel.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Jenn watched the Assamite go into sneak-mode again and disappear around another bend before she turned and retraced her own trail back to the entrance. She emerged into the cold, night air, kind of glad to be out of the smokey, closed in tunnels but she knew they would be going back in. The rest of the pack noticed her, coming over. She could see some wounds on some but nothing major; their surprise attack had worked flawlessly. Elisabeth pushed her way past everyone else, coming to a halt right in front of Jenn. "So?" she asked.

"Nobody that we can see down there, no traps that we could find. I definitely don't think they were expecting us to show up here tonight like we did." she answered. "One thing though.. We found a pretty good fire going in one of the exit tunnels. I put out the fire but what's important is what I found. There were bones in the fire." she added, letting that hang there. "Misshapen, like maybe a Nosferatu?" She paused as she thought. "I'm not positive but I think there are two of this pack missing.. in addition to potentially Samuel. And from what I recall, what little I saw of those two, I don't think they wanted to fight us like the others. I can't be sure though."

Elisabeth frowned, not happy. "So you're saying you think they killed Samuel and escaped during our distraction?" she asked.

Jenn shrugged a shoulder. "I don't know, maybe." she answered. "Just a potential theory anyways. IF that is Samuel's bones down there."

Elisabeth stared at Jenn for a long moment. "Take us down there." she ordered.

Jenn nodded, going back down below as the rest of the pack followed her. When they made it back to the spot the fire had been, she stopped, gesturing to the charred skeleton. She watched as Nitocris knelt down with the corpse, studying it. Jenn got bored of watching quickly and looked around for Harvey. She whispered to Elisabeth that she was going to go find the Assamite, waiting only to receive her Sire's acknowledgement before she headed off down the tunnel too. It seemed quiet as she walked along.

( There is nobody else to find down the tunnel but outside the exit from there, in the snow there are probably some footprints. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

Lilith followed everyone down into the other pack's hideout and started to look around. Well if there was one thing she knew quite a few things about, it was fire! This one was obviously created with gasoline and precisely to block that one exit. So someone must have needed to buy time for something. If what Jenn said was correct, well those two really must have ran away. The tremere couldn't blame them though, given where they had to live...
"Hmm..." She said as she noticed something. There were actually two computer places in this place... More than one tech expert? Well one of the two was burned down. There wasn't even a single thing left that wasn't melt down by the fires." Ductus, I do believe Jenn's theory may acutally have some truth in it." Lilith said to Elisabeth." Around that corner over there, I found quite the computer set up, but it was burned down. In addition there is another one over there which wasn't touched at all. I think someone needed to make sure we can't get any info from the first set up."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Elisabeth nodded to Lilith's comment but didn't say anything. It would not be right to give praise to her childe for this, not in public anyways, but she was becoming more and more sure she had made the right choice in choosing her kin for this life. She turned to watch Nitocris inspecting the bones as she thought about what she'd been told. "Does anyone know anything about these potential two escapees?" she asked.

Nitocris stood up at that point, looking just as dispassionate as always. She had replaced the bones on the flood and nodded down towards them. "This was most definitely one named Samuel." she said in a flat tone. "The impressions I received from the bones showed me that he was fed to the fire, not by his own free will. He was killed." she said.

"I know the two." Terrance finally spoke up. He had studied the enemy pack after all. It was his duty to be informed. "Two girls, young. Neonates at best. One of them would have still been with her Sire had he not met his death. Neither of them are well known nor have any connection or status within the Sabbat." he explained. "The one who lost her Sire, she had problems.. up here." he added, tapping his head. "You can guess how Samuel would have treated someone like that..."

Elisabeth nodded again, knowing full well that the Nosferatu had been nothing but a bully and would have gone straight after such easy prey. Yes, it was sounding more and more likely that these girls had merely taken an opportunity to flee and as they didn't seem to have any power within the faction, it probably wasn't worth hunting them down. Jennifer had said they hadn't seemed to want to fight so that probably meant they hadn't been among the group that had attacked her childe. That was enough and they had other things to do. She would ask Jennifer to be sure when she returned though.
Deathcon
Methuselah
Methuselah

Post by Deathcon »

I stop walking after awhile realizing there is nothing here, so I go back to the main area.