Records Division - and the path of Records

Chantry of Bloodline Travius - Journals, experiments, studies and details.

Moderator: AedanTravius[old]

Forum rules
The journals and developing paths of the Travius Chantry, bastard line of Tremere
Aedan Travius
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Tremere-Travius
Fera Tribes: Corax
Sabbat Clan: Lasombra

Records Division - and the path of Records

Post by Aedan Travius »

"February 6th. 2015

I've run the records department for some time now. I've kept the research records of every division faithfully, and even managed to use my gifts to encrypt them. But I have never seen the need for a journal of my own. I suppose because I was always run off of a skeleton crew, I never saw the point, when I could just show them. But I've been reminded clearly what the point of these records are, and why keeping up with them and protecting them is so vital.

Up until now, here is what I've managed, and thus from where I grow,

1) I first noticed my gifts growing in my ability to know the nature of research by the feel of the journals. They are all standard in size, shape and color, but each one seemed to have a different...feel for it, like the air was a little different with each one.

2) I started at some point testing the use of an ink with my blood mixed in. With some time and focus I could change the letters. I also noticed I could bring them all back to their source. I started thinking there was a real possibility of encryption, maybe something all the divisions could learn. However, seeing the weight and intensity of their own research, it quickly became clear that wasn't going to happen any time soon. Thats when I took a third step.

3) I developed a way to draw a line down each page of research with my own blood mix. My blood dances over the letters and changes everything to pure gibberish, I have a command to set the words straight. I had my assistant, Rodger, God bless his simple soul, say the command phrase, and sure as day, they pages appeared normal, all my blood ink returning to their original lines. I worked with the Division heads of the time to create a custom phrase for each one, and gave all of them to Aedan.

4) I blush with this, because it was Niko himself who helped me think of how to continue. Even when we we're alive, at the university, when he came by the library to visit me. Enough of that. My blood gained the ability to not just turn the research to gibberish, but to existing literature, most often the work of Lord Byron.

I'm leaving seals and incantations on the following pages, so heaven forbid I die in such another invasion, this art that protects the art of the chantry will remain secure.

~Elizabeth Harris
"

"
February 6th, 2015 Continued,

I've met with Aedan, and I've decided what I want my fifth level of my path to be. I've learned from the Alchemist that we can change the state of our blood, in other words, I can make mine acidic. I had originally though self destruct, but I've a better Idea. For those that open the book without the required phrase, the blood will wait for the book to be open, then spread itself on the hands of the holder, then turn to acid. No small trick I'll be teaching my blood, but its proved ever so clever before, I have faith in it. I've played nice long enough, its time our records security had a bite to it...

~Elizabeth Harris
"