rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Re: TES : Order from Chaos

Post by rivaan »

"So I hear... I also keep hearing something about some kind of Axe that just seems to constantly be mentioned whenever he is. Not quite sure what that's all about..." She shrugged. Clavicus Vile wasn't a Daedric prince that was 100% consdiered unrepentably evil, but he was considered one of the more dangerous for whole other set of reason by certain circles and people... such as Saga. She had read and heard all about his honeyed words and what sorts of things start happening whenever you make deals as Lily put it, without thinking about the consequences. She personally didn't think of using that type of thing to achieve her goals was the best idea. Maybe something not as key to her heart that she was perfectly sure tha bargain was well worth it, but for Maven Blackbrair...? No... that hag was hers.

"Well then the Blades get involved... or the Companions or simply the city guards." Saga replied with a shrug as if she was speaking about not something crazy as ancient reality bending flying lizards, but simply the fact that the weather was a bit snowy." Blades got reformed as dragon hunters here in Skyrim around the Dragon Crisis... not sure when exactly for some reason. Fighting dragons is kind of very hard and dangerous, but not impossible, it just has things it costs usually in manpower, but there are people in Skyrim capable of fighting dragons. That and the greybeards seem to send this pale dragon every now and then to handle other dragons." She made a thinking face. The younger woman was always wondering why records and time seemed very... wobbly for the lack of better word when it came to teh Dragon Crisis and the Dragonborn.

The scount gave out a snort when the mage called out the protection racket." Yeah, it really is, but nobody really wants to bother with it cause it's just more cost effective. Jarls save up on manpower and patrols in the area, locals have a popular toursm attraction and the dragon get's his gold, leaving everybody happy... Well everybody except the thieve's guild weirdly enough. Not sure exactly why, but apparently the dragon and the guild aren't seeing eye to eye. I suspect it caught one of their members trying to nick something off it's hoard or something."

As she was getting dressed too, feelign the chill in the air, but quickly wiping the water off and putting on her clothes, Saga moved to the big fireplace in the internal dressing room that kept a good temperature going so people can dry up after leaving the hot pools. Her body was easy to dry, it was the hair that was the problem so she began doing so while pondering the question that Lili gave her. There were a few possible things they could do, but honestly the next settlement wasn't within a day's travel, so they'd have to camp on the road. There were a few barrows they could make use of and a few caves and a bit of an unofficial camping ground where many travelers and caraans stopped for the night." If the snow begins piling up we wont be able to leave town for days for proper travel. Getting back to my hideout would be simple enough within a day even with a snowstorm since I know the land, but traveling on the roads would be nearly impossible... I'd rather not be stuck in town and you shouldn't risk it either." Saga replied.

"There are a number of caves and crypts that can offer shelter on the way to whiterun. There's also a camp frequented by caravans, chances are within a few more seasons it might become it's own roadside inn and from there a village. It's roughly a day travel from here if we are lucky and the weather doesn't worsen into a whiteout we might be able to reach that. At worst we can camp at one of the crypts. While the nordic crypts are locked by hte families that own them, the outside usually offers a walled and roofed area where it's possible to take refuge in situations like the weather worsening for the night." The nord explained and after confirming her hair was dry as possible, tied it up with a bit of ribbon, before putting on the heavy fur hood of her winter clothing." I suggest we get going. Longer we linger the more chances are for something to go wrong in this part of skyrim, especially with our.. situations."
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Liliana gave a slight nod at the mention of the axe. Though she wasn't terribly well versed on Clavicus Vile, she did know a bit. "Those.. I spent time with told me a little about the axe. The Rueful Axe it is named, and for good reason apparently." she answered. "As with anything from Clavicus, there is a price with that axe indeed. From what the others told me, the axe is typically offered with the price of the blood of someone else, as determined by Clavicus, of course." she explained. "And usually the someone else is not someone you want the blood of spilt." she added with a casual wave of her hand.

She listened to all the talk about dragons including the one that had a pretty little scheme going on. "Mmmmm.... I see. Yes, I imagine there would be far more damage incurred, in the cost of lives if nothing else, trying to do something about a dragon that isn't really actively raiding the countryside or anything." she conceded before raising one eyebrow. "I can say that I would not like to be amongst those who would be sent to fight a dragon, personally, so I suppose yes, better to just leave it be." She didn't say it but she was still very wary about the thought of even running across this dragon, even if it wasn't aggressive for the most part. Who knew how it would react to a vampire either. That really was her main worry: it wouldn't like her presence, or if they encountered it near other people, that it might oust her condition to others.

As they warmed up and Saga spoke of possible plans, Lili grew a little bit agitated. Since.. all of this, she hadn't spent a lot of time in towns. A little bit perhaps, a day or two, but not much more than that. While she could pass as a normal person using her powers, that was only to limited effect over time. Being stuck here for days or even more than a week was.. potentially dangerous at best. Especially when she would need to feed. Just as bad was going out into the wilds so remote that it would ONLY be her and Saga though too. Her mouth hung open just a little, just enough for the tips of her fangs to show. "You are right about staying here but... what.. what if.. we should get stuck out there, with only us, for an extended period of time, as well?" she asked, making a point to show her fangs more, trying to get the point across without having to say it out loud. "It is not only shelter that I will have need of..."

She nodded. "A camp that is a day's travel away is acceptable, if the snow doesn't get too bad. I.. had a fair meal not that long ago but we... maybe need to make plans for other stops along the way. In maybe.. a few days time." she explained with a pained grimace. It was not something she was proud of, something she had had no choice in. She accepted it, accepted what the condition gave her in terms of power, but this was the price. "If you can guess where there might be bandits or other untoward individuals that the world might be better off without along the way..." she trailed off, leaving it hanging.

Liliana nodded when Saga suggested they get headed out and finished pulling on her cloak on top of her garments. While Saga's hair had dried considerably, Lili's was still considerably damp. The warmth from the fireplace had helped somewhat, but lacking her own body heat to help was a bit of a detriment. She just stuffed it into her own hood, hoping it would further dry rather than freeze on the journey... If nothing else, the fabric of the hood would soak some of the remaining water up though. She looked at Saga's outfit, then at herself, noting the lack of layers in her own clothing. "Do you think I would look terribly out of place travelling with this light of clothing in this weather? Should I pick up perhaps a heavier over-shirt quickly before we leave?" she asked. "I don't actually need it but if we run into others, there might be questions..."
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"As I said people got used to it for the most part. Nowdays dragons are just a part of Skyrim and it's culture... for better or worse." Shadow agreed with a neutral voice and a shrug." LIke dragonhunters are a thing, raising fuss, but fact of the matter is they arent becoming much more than just another guild in Skyrim. I mean I know it's the Blades and all, but they aren't doing too much in the grand scheme of things. From what I heard and seen Thalmor may have been kicked out of Skyrim, but they still send agents to try to hunt down any Blades they find."

Saga gazed at Lili at the covert messege that the vampire needed to feed eventually. That was understandable and the scout nodded slowly." I can think of a few." She replied. Bandits were a fact of life in Skyrim and while most didn't bother settlements, it didn't mean they didn't attack travelers. Of course some bandits did little more than extortion, but others were a lot deadlier and dangerous, it all depeneded on the specific group and who their leader was." We will find a solution on the way, don't worry." She reassured, worst case donating some blood to settle her new vampire friend wasn't out of hte question... unless she always killed when drinking. Saga realized she'd have to approach the topic carefully later." Always wondered though, isn't it possible to store... supplies for a travel? Enchanted vials maybe?"

Now when the mage mentioned it and Saga stared at her clothing." Yeah probably... alright follow me." She finally decided and led their way towards the nearest store that sold garments of various types. This being Darkwater Crossing and mostly a tourist spot with hot springs, it mostly sold garments for wearing indoors at the inns or ones to wear in the hot baths and springs around town. Why anybody needed those was Saga's guess, what with most being made of cloth that turned completely transparent once soaked in water. One time she was told by a friend that she'd understand if she got a lover, but yeah... she wasn't sure it was worth the investment. Still this store also had a few other pieces of clothing more suitable for the harsh travel across Skyrim." My friend here need something warm for the journeys ahead. Maybe an overshirt or overcoat..." Saga told the clerk, with great urgency, the man looked at Lily with a gleam in his eyes and immediately began the merchant talk with comliments, tangeans and offering her a wide variety of pieces, leaning heavily on the more expensive ones, but she'd leave Liliana to deal with him. Meanwhile Saga strode over to the part of the store where the cloaks were kept and proceeded to find a very nice fur one for Lili to replace her regular one. She herself wore a fur coat for a reason. It kept very warm and had a welcome utility in being used in conjunction with her bedrool and tent. After she picked up a nice white bear fur one she headed back to check how the merchant battle was going.
Keira Kelly
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Liliana shook her head lightly. "Well, I suppose that dragons as you have described them aren't much more of an obstacle than some other creatures that can be found in different lands." she replied, pursing her lips slightly at memories. "Some probably worse in fact. There were some truly nasty things such as dreugh and minotaur back down in Cyrodiil. Feral, aggressive creatures, both, which cannot be reasoned with." she explained. She grimaced a bit. "And sometimes werewolves, back home as well. I understand that they are.. creatures of Hircine but some do not care what.. or whom they kill and eat." she added.

She returned a nod to Saga saying she knew a few places where bandits or the like congregated, glad that there would be places that Lili could.. sate herself. Having seen some blood fiends, half-starved and mad like the one who had attacked her, she shuddered at the thought of falling to such depths where she could not think for herself but only seek out fresh blood. Well, in travel, if she reached a point in her hunger and there was no dangerous criminals to be had, Lili would send Saga away... or split off herself and try to make as much distance as possible as to not fall to the blood lust on her friend.

Her purple eyes flicked over to Saga at the suggestion of storing blood. Her lips fell open just a little as she considered it, with a small frown, eyes looking forward again. "I.. suppose it is possible. Supplies... such as that though.." she paused, thinking of how best to say coagulate or split apart without using those words. "It would have to be vials that can keep supplies very.... VERY fresh. Said supplies tend to.. spoil rather quickly." she explained. "There may be enchantments that can assist with that but I have not yet run across such ones, and I would imagine they might be fairly costly." There were all sorts of vials and whatnot that people used for potions and poisons and whatever else but she wasn't at all sure that such glassware would be adequate.

She glanced back at her companion. "And it might not be well received should a vendor figure out what sort of supplies these vials would need to hold." she added in a hushed tone for only Saga to hear. Her brow furrowed as a thought came to her. "How dangerous would it be to... well, for me to visit the... people like me you said were from these lands. I am sure if anyone has a solution to this, it is they that must have some means..." she said, thinking out loud. It would probably be too dangerous to take Saga into a clan's nest, even if they seemed to be keep on policing their own and keeping to themselves here in Skyrim. What was it that Saga had called them? The Volkihar clan.

"Anyways though, for now, the way I... function with my supplies... sustains my income as well for the moment." she added. Even if she were to be able to purchase some form of enchanted vial, ever since she had become what she now was, the gold and Septims she used to keep her journey comfortable and productive was solely funded by money taken from bandits and highwaymen that had tried to take advantage of her.

She let Saga lead her to a particular store and was pleased to see that they had quite a bit of clothing in stock. She did quite like her more traditional Breton garb much more than the Skryim fashion but her own clothing would not be believable protection against the harder Skyrim weather and she most definitely needed to fit in as much as possible, at least fit in as human that was. While the merchant began to show her a number of different garments, Lili did take note of Saga moving off to look at some other items before turning her attention back to the merchant. It was more than clear that not only was he offering her his most exquisite stock but likely he would ramp up he prices as well. Lili was more than well aware she looked like what she had used to be: a Breton from a noble house. Just as with the previous Khajiit merchant though, Lili would pay whatever was asked, as long as it wasn't too outrageous. The faster they were on the road, the better.

Eventually she settled on a heavy woollen overcoat, trimmed in ermine fur and very beautifully embroidered along with a matching overskirt also woollen. She also found some trousers she could wear beneath her skirt that were lined on the inside with fur which would keep her legs even warmer, according to the merchant. He also had managed to talk her into getting a pair of mittens after she had informed him that they were heading out today, risking the storm that was coming in. So as not to draw any suspicion, she had conceded and was just dropping the coins into the man's outstretched hand when Saga returned. She noted the fur cloaks in her friend's arms and told the merchant she would take those as well. When he named the price, it was obvious that it was more than what cloaks like that would be worth but she quickly paid it anyways.

"We had best be on our way with this storm approaching." she told Saga, ushering the other woman out of the store quickly and didn't stop till they were out and the door close behind them. She cast a quick glance back before turning to Saga. "That man is.. or was, a Vigilant of Stendarr.. I know you said they fell and perhaps they have here but... when I told him we were making a long journey, he told me to watch out for.. abominations on the road." she said in a hushed whisper. "That is the term they use for.. certain things. I also thought I saw an amulet of the symbol of Stendarr beneath his shirt, I am fairly certain that that's what it was, the shape of it..." she added worriedly. "Perhaps he was a survivor and retired but I'd rather not take the risk by remaining too long..." She frowned at herself, she she couldn't put the worry aside. "If there was anything.. else you wished to get for yourself there, I will give you some money and I will wait out here." she added, realizing now that perhaps Saga had not finished in the store.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I heard something about such vial somewhere. We should keep an ear out." Saga stated on the topic of enchanted vials. It was something that she must have heard in passing if she couldn't quite recall where and in what context it had come up, but she was fairly certain such vials weer a thing. She was going to have to ask either the priestesses or the alchemist in Whiterun when they arrive. She was fairly certain it was about potions that remain effective for long times or something... She will remember eventually.

"No idea actually." Saga admitted eventually." They are a singular bunch. Aren't seen much officially. I mean they probably have people wandering and keeping an eye out for troublemakers, but don't know much beyond that. They shouldn't be too hostile provided you aren't causing troubles and stirring negativity... from my understanding the one leading them right now's called Valerica and she's keeping a tight reign on the rest of them. Supposedly she's VERY experienced... and I do mean VERY VERY. Named after one of the clan's originator... older than the Septim Dynasty... lots of history in Skyrim and it doesn't always wants to stay history." She gave Lili a stare to underline her meaning of 'VERY OLD VAMPIRE WOMAN'.

With their shoppign done, she looked at the vampire with a raised eyebrow when the other woman spoke of the shopkeeper being a vigilant of Stendarr and chuckled." I'm good, let's go." She stated and left the store before mounting her horse that neighed in a weirdly annoyed manner. WHen they were on the road, she looked at Lili once they were some distance from that store and were nearing the exit of Darkwater Crossing. The snow was falling, turning the scenery in a beautiful picture and no matter how the times changed, Skyrim was beautiful in this wild sort of way even as civilization was progressing. That said.. she returned her attention towards the vampire as in the distance she could see the bridge that served as teh exist out of Darkwater crossing nowdays and led over the river." TO be fair a lot of people carry amulets of Stendarr still. The Vampire Crisis that happened just after the Dragon one left a lot of damage in it's wake. Many and I mean MANY lost loved ones back then to surprise attacks on whole settlements at night. Whole villages were wiped out sometimes. People still remember that. Weird he'd warn you of abominations though... I don't think he meant Vampires however. There aren't many of the Vigil left in Skyrim. There are a very small handful that still operate, but they almost exclusively deal with Daedra and the like. The destruction of their headquarters in the region left it painfully obvious they weren't in general prepared or trained to deal with Vampires in numbers. So that means... there's likely a Daedra cult forming somewhere along the road..."