Char Sheets Char Bios Forum Regular Dice Combat Dice   NPC Gen   Image Upload   Wiki
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Rebel with a Cause - Anarchs 
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Bloodpool

Sabbat Bloodpool

Glamour Pool

Rage
Evelyn Wright
Anarch Blood

Vinculums
Post Re: Rebel with a Cause - Anarchs
A slow smile spread on Marni's lips and she brushed her short, streaked hair out of her face. "Vengeance, you say?" she asked. Brother Gregory was dead though... Still, the rest of the damned cultists at that church had done nothing to help her... Will had, and he had proven himself an ally, a friend even in that. He had given his life to help her escape. None of these people had bothered to even try. They might have been scared but... was that even a good enough excuse to enable what was being done to her? Will had been scared too but... he had looked past his fear to see the.. innocent woman inside the captive monster that they had held.

She felt a twinge of guilt at the thought of going in and murdering people, but.. at the same time, they had made their choice. They had just as much blood on their hands as had Gregrory... or Marni herself. They weren't innocent and needed to be stopped from doing this to anyone else. And added to that, she would have a chance to see what she could really do now. Learn what she was capable of now and how to control it, just as she was learning how to control the hunger. But stopping these deranged people from indoctrinating or hurting anyone else was the main reason. She nodded. "I'm ready for it." she answered. She smiled, remembering the nice arsenal she had just picked up tonight too. Some of it would come in handy.

Hans nodded about the numbers that Vanessa was looking for. A fair number for merely dealing with Kine but.. well, there would be unexpected eventualities and they needed to be sure that all of this went according to plan. Besides, with those numbers, they could be more than sure that no one would get away... at least, no one that wasn't meant to anyways. "Very well, then Fräulein Vanessa. Gather your people and I shall call you when all is ready." he said. "If there is nothing else, I wish the both of you goodnight.. and, in three days hence, good hunting should I not see you before then." he added.

When Marni and Vanessa had gotten outside, Marni turned to the elder vampire, a bit worried now. "Should I.. maybe try to practice with some of these.. abilities before the big day comes?" she asked. At the back of her mind was the thought of how that night, in three days time, would end: with her 'death', for the benefit of those that cared about her. She tried to ignore it, tried to put it out of her mind for the moment. She needed something else to concentrate on. "Maybe I should test out some of those guns I got too.. make sure they do work all right..."

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:45 am
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Glamour Pool

Rage
Christine Tearfall
Anarch Blood

As they were outside, Vanessa looked at Marni with a raised eyebrow." It is true that practice makes perfect and you do need a lot of practice on this." The brujah nodded as they were walking back to her car. She was certain it would be starting to rain before long, there was a certain heaviness to the air right now, it was like a calm before a storm." Hmmm..." She mumbled about it and looked at Mari again.

"Well, why not do both of those at the same time?" She added with a smile as she unlocked hte car adn got in, waiting for Marni to join her inside, before she started to drive off. Sure enough, it wasn't much longer before she noted the first tiny drops on the windscreen. It wasn't raining yet, but a few drops could be seen. So it was either slow starter, or it was going to be a fake storm that was just messing with them." Since you want to test firearms, we needed a secure location for it."

"There's a place." Vaenssa suddenly said and relaxed her grip of the wheel as they reached a red light." A gunrange... well underground gunrange, good sound isolation. Perfect for firign weapons within the city limits withotu getting into problems. The people that run it are bounded to people of our community. Most of the younger Anarchs often visit there to try their weapons and limits there. Usually at this point of the night there shouldn't be any kine there. Want to go there?"

"As for the disciplines, I've got a toreador friend." Vanessa said casually." Can call them to join, we used to run in the same group a some ways back. Pretty dependable, good in a fight, trusty, but the most annoying person if you let them talk about country music. Once the topic is brought up in any remote ways, he wouldn't stop rambling about it.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Bloodpool

Sabbat Bloodpool

Glamour Pool

Rage
Evelyn Wright
Anarch Blood

Vinculums
The location that Vanessa was suggesting sounded perfect to Marni. And she was excited that she could actually start really learning something about... what she was now. She had been flung into the deep end without being shown how to swim and she knew she was at a severe disadvantage against any other vampire... err.. Kindred, no matter how young. It was frustrating knowing that she had a lot of potential, that the powers were in there... but having no clue how to access them. The one time she had managed the enhanced speed, it had been entirely instinctual, in a dire situation. She needed to know how to initiate it at will though.

"Yes, yes I do." she answered almost desperately. "I do want to go there. I feel like I'm handicapped... not knowing how to use whatever powers you say are inherent to my clan. I know it's in me, I've had a small taste of one of them, but... I need to know how to bring it out, how to access it...." she added. The guns would be good to test out, to get a feel for but... that was more just getting some experience, some muscle memory for them. The powers though were what she was mostly wanting to know about.

Her brow furrowed at hearing of Vaness's Toreador friend, a mix of emotions going through Marni at that. What would this person think of her? Would they laugh at the ignorant little baby vampire? Would they pity her? Marni was Toreador in terms of.. what, the blood? Yes, there had been blood. A dim memory of... a figure dripping blood into her mouth... That was what had changed her. So she was technically Toreador by blood, she supposed but.. she had no knowledge of them any deeper than that.

It was like someone that had been lost or given up for adoption as a baby, and then became part of an adoptive family but then later found their birth parents. The ties of loyalty were strongest to the adoptive family just as Marni felt.. well if it wasn't loyalty yet, it was at least gratitude, to Vanessa. To Baron Bruhl too, for that matter. And they were both Brujah. Marni had had more interactions with Brujah so far in this new life than she had with any other clan, so the idea of meeting someone from the same blood as her... rebirth? It was.. daunting. And yet, at the same time, if they could teach her what she needed to know, she was nearly desperate for that too.

Marni grimaced at hearing about the country music. "Shouldn't be too hard to steer clear of that topic." she assured. She had never liked the whiny lyrics nor the off-key 'singing' of that genre herself, having much preferred rock of various kinds. "But please, if they would be willing to teach me... I'd.. give almost anything..." She frowned, shaking her head slowly. "Sometimes I wonder when I'm going to wake up out of this crazy, insane dream.... How ridiculous is all of these to believe... How the hell is any of this real?" she said, half to herself. "Drinking blood, having MY blood drunk, dying, coming back as.. something else, being held captive by a cult for months... Escaping, preying on low-lives like a feral animal... Having to fake my death, but being excited to learn some crazy vampire powers..." Her shoulders slumped in the passenger seat. "It's crazy, it's insane. But it is real, isn't it." She let out a noisy breath at all of it.

A more determined look came over the previous, lost-looking expression. "I guess even if it's an insane and crazy world out there, I can't do anything other than be ready to fight it." Marni said. "And I need to learn all I can so I can defend myself against.. whatever the hell else is out there." She paused. "I hope you know how grateful I am that you stepped up to help me not to sink. So yes, I would.. really appreciate it if you could convince your friend to teach me."

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 am
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Glamour Pool

Rage
Christine Tearfall
Anarch Blood

"Well, well." Vanessa grinned and nodded at Marni." I do like your enthusiasm, but do remember to keep level headed. Even with what you had experienced, you are too eager to improve too fast." The brujah stated as she drove the car." These curses... blessings?... powers? Well call disciplines whatever you wish in the future honestly, up to you how you see them, but anyways. These aren't something you can master in a simple brief span of time. It will take a while for you to start to master them. It will come naturally to you soon enough, don't be that desperate. There are even greater challenges ahead of you. If something this small gets you this riled up, how will you fare later?" She asked with a calm smile.

"Ehh..." Lisa shrugged when Marni went on a little speech about how unreal it all was, but it was real alright. She threw a smart glance at the toreador and grinned widely." Sure, I will give them a call when we are nearing the firerange." She nodded and after a brief moment of silence continued. " As for how real this is... well it's not any less real than the werewolves running about." She laughed casually without much care despite the fact most Kindred had huge fear of Garou. It wasn't that Vanessa didn't respect the Garou's prowess in battle. She simply didn't FEAR them. She knew full well a Garou was battle monster that can tear many kindred apart, she just didn't understand this weird unspoken rule that kindred hated and feared the Garou. It could be the englightment of her sire that was passed down to her in the process of her learning, but eh, she respected them a lot rather than fear." Who knows, you might even meet a walking talking mummy or a 'zombie' one day." Vanessa let out a chuckle.

"Anyways you shall be on point soon enough. Most Kindred adapt to their abilities rather rapidly once they start using and feeling them. Now that you have felt them once or twice and got a few points from me and will get even more pointers and direct instructions from a clanmate, you should progress with leaps and bounds." The brujah assured her as the car drove further and further into the storm

Not even half an hour later they had arrived at their destination. It was actually not too far from
Vanessa's bar. There was a living building on top of it with a parking lot by it. The building above was where the ghouls that ran it lived along with a whole other group of misfits and general people that were nearly cast out of society. As the brujah parked, she took the spot closest to the entrance way, an entrance way which turned out to be a stairwell leading downwards. It actually had a plastic roof over the staircase to protect from rain and storms. There was also a big neon sign over it. Saying this was a gunrange and other informative stuff.

Vanessa left the car, getting onto the rain without much care. There wasn't much use of an unbrella at the level of storm this had gotten to. There was good wind too so it was more or less raining at a rather annoying angle that an unbrella wouldn't help with. Thus she waited for Marni to join her as she walked to the staircase and down to the door. There was an intercome, an armored metal door and a card reader. She pulled her wallet, pulled a card from it and swiped it, opening the door. She gestured for Marni to follow her in.

"Good evening, Miss Helgate. Would you require to rent any of our fine selection?" There was a young woman at the reception. She was dressed in t shirt and jeans. Shoulder lenght black hair and big gothinc earrings on her left ear.

"No need. We've got our own." The brujah replied and threw a look at Marni." Run my friend for a registration for entry card." Vanessa added as the woman nodded and pulled a few forms from underneath the counter as she gestured for Marni to choose one of the pencils on the counter to fill them out." This will allow you future entrance here with minimum hassle even without me. Could also be used as a save haven should you require a place to hide out as long as you have that card." Cammies and Sabbat didn't get access to this place and at the request of a kindred, the entrance could be locked anyway, not allowing access even during the day for kine." Actually anyone else here tonight?" She asked.

"Not presently." The woman replied as she was pointing out where which fields must be filled out as for htem to be able to issue the card.

"Hmm I see. Miles, will be arriving shortly. Tell him to directly meet us downstairs later." Van added as she led Marni to the gunrage hall. They passed by a guncheck where weapons could be rented and the like, but the man didn't appear to even react to them as they passed by him and entered. The room was very big, with many shooting lanes. The space between the back wall and the tables from where to shoot was long enough. The back wall was filled with sand bags." So... time to see if you can actually reload those toys you got."

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Bloodpool

Sabbat Bloodpool

Glamour Pool

Rage
Evelyn Wright
Anarch Blood

Vinculums
Marni felt a bit dismayed to hear that it would take time to master the powers that she would be learning about, maybe a lot of time from how Vanessa was making it sound. The faster she learned, the faster she could defend herself... the less likely she would be made into a victim yet again. That was what really concerned her. She never wanted to be used again, have her life taken from her at someone else's whim. At least not without being able to make a good showing in her own defence. She had been blindsided twice before, first with her.. Sire, and then again with that damned cult kidnapping her, having had zero chance to resist either time. She would be damned sure she could at least try to fight back the next time.

The Toreador's head shot around towards Vanessa, Marni's eyes going wide. "Wait,, what? Werewolves?! Werewolves are real?" she said in surprise. "Wait... why the hell am I surprised..." she said to herself with a sigh. "I mean, I'm a freaking vampire now... Oh god, this is crazy..." She went completely silent, staring over with wide eyes as Vanessa joked about a talking mummy or a zombie. At least... wait, it was a joke, right? Marni couldn't guess one way or the other anymore. Maybe not a joke.....

When they arrived at their destination, Marni followed Vanessa through the heavy downpour, carrying the large duffel bag over one shoulder as the Brujah headed down a staircase which clearly marked the location as a gun range. By the time they made it inside, Marni was soaked, her short hair hanging in wet clumps which she tried her best to brush back, wringing the worst of the water out. Surprisingly, once inside, they were greeted by a young woman. Not what Marni would have first thought to find at a gun range.

Marni frowned when Vanessa asked the.. receptionist? to set up the Toreador with a card.. for the facility, she guessed. Like the one the Brujah had used in the door? Probably. Apparently so, as Vanessa began to explain. Marni looked over at the multiple pages of forms that were handed over, and a pencil from a container on the counter. The woman began to point out what to fill in and Marni stared at it, wondering if she should... Hell, there were a couple fields that she didn't know how to answer, and some she didn't know IF she should answer. A quick glance at Vanessa indicated she should. With a few questions to her new mentor, she finally did get the forms filled out though and handed back to the receptionist how told them that the card would be ready soon.

Finally though, they headed off to start. The gun range, as the woman had said, was empty. The range looked much like one you would see in a movie, thought Marni, having never been to one before. The stopped at the far shooting alcove and as Marni lowered her bag to the floor, she glanced over at Vanessa. "Um.. yeah, I might need you to.. well, I'll see how it goes." she answered.

She got to work, pulling out the two pistols, the smg and the shotgun she had chosen and laid them out on a table nearby, the retrieved the ammo. She picked up the first pistol she had chosen the Sig Sauer one and studied it, feeling it in her hand, looking at all the little markers and details on it. There was a safety on guns, right? She tilted the weapon in her hand until she saw a little switch and flipped it, showing a red dot and then, hiding it again. Red dot meant the safety was off... at least so she thought. After a moment, she found a button on the side of the grip that released the clip. The clip was empty, as the girl, Zoey, had told her all the guns were.

Marni had to get Vanessa to help her figure out how to actually load bullets from the boxes she'd been given into the clip and then put the clip back in the gun. Under the Brujah's instructions, Marni pulled back on the slide, chambering a round. She repeated the process, now at least a bit more familiar with it for the smg and the other pistol, and then the shotgun as well. She put the two holsters for the pistols on, and wearing them both, moved to the firing line, taking up a stance like she had seen on TV and movies, at least.. the non-cheesy ones. Her first shot with the Sig was way off but it allowed her to get a better feel for dialing in her target. By the end of the clip, she was hitting.. mostly, where she was trying to aim.

She again repeated the process with the smaller pistol she had put on her ankle after holstering the Sig on her thigh. She was quicker to dial in the aim on that one, it feeling much the same though with less kick than the first pistol. She opted to try to the shotgun next and was nearly knocked back by the recoil she hadn't been prepared for. Damn, that hurt though.. where the butt of the gun had been resting against her shoulder. Despite the lingering soreness, she readjusted and continued firing it until she had emptied its smaller reserves of ammo. Finally she came to the smg. It was a lot harder to figure out how to hold properly than the other guns had been.

Finally finding.. something of a comfortable stance with it, she held down the trigger. The gun jumped in her hand and, thankfully, she immediately let off it. She glanced over at Vanessa. "Short, controlled bursts, right?" she asked before trying once more, only tapping the trigger in spurts. Oooh, yeah.. she liked this gun. She definitely liked the feel of it. It was only after she had emptied the clip that she noticed that Vanessa had been joined by someone else. The other Toreador she had called in to help perhaps? Marni put the smg back on the table, deciding to keep the pistols on her person for the moment, looking over to Vanessa with a curious look, not wanting to be too forward.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7