rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Re: Tabula Rasa

Post by rivaan »

"Cloud reader Zeddicus Zul Zorander? Or should I call you Reyben Rybnic?" Jack asked with a hit of a playful smile spread wide upon his face as he threw a glance at Zed who get a little bit annoyed then curious then his face displayed realization before he hung his head down and sighed. Richard and Hope who right away caught that action from the old wizard looked at him with questioning eyes before Zedd sighed once more and spoke out.

"Shota knows who I am..." He stated and looked at Jack who was overall indifferent about the people whom he was meeting right now. You'd think the man was talking and meeting bigshots from the midlands all day everyday or something." Richard you remember how I told you I went through the boundry once to get back the sword of truth? Well I met with Shota back then. Since the magic to make people forget me was already cast, the fact I appeared there and used my powers to get the sword back must have released her from the effect of it." He added and looked at Jack once more, then threw a look at Maera and Roderic. Frankly Zedd was quite curious about what the man was speaking about. Those spells he was describing sounded rather detailed it required quite a talanted painter to pull off something like that or a painter who had aid from a wizard to get him to udnerstand what he had to do. Both of which were something Rahl could do.

"Save the bravado, confessor." Jack replied, his voice this time slightly colder." It didn't help your sisters who fell prey to Rahl, it won't help you. I've actually hunted down more than a few quads back at the height of their activity... Sadly most were already done with their tasks, but I managed to take down some before they found any confessors. So do not speak to me about not feering mordsiths. Sure a single mordsith is no problem for you but what about a mordsith with a plenty of disposable soldiers at her fingertips?" Jack asked, looking Maera straight into the eyes." The mordsith can lockdown your mages, from what I know also the seeker's sword. You shall be swarmed by soldiers and once you touch one what happens with the others or did you forget why Rahl sends QUADS?" He asked with cold voice.

Hope shivered while she was listening to the man speaking. She felt innate fear from him, but it was a fear different from the one she felt from Maera. From maera it was the fear of her power, her han was screaming at her to keep away, but this man was different. His bodylanguage and his very body spoke of someone proficient at hunting... and hunting people to be precise. What's more he carried way too many D'Haran physical traits for it to be a coincidence. Then there was the fact he had bested a mordsith, it was not something Hope wanted to try to do and in her book anyone who managed to do it singlehandedly deserved respect.

"As for Shota... mmm yeah she said a lot of things." Jack stated and looked at Zedd for a moment before throwing looks at the seeker and Roderic." She said hte old wizard should stop dallying around the issue and teach hte seeker to intercept wizard's fire with the sword of truth. As for the rest, believe me you'd prefer to NOT hear the rest." The hunter added with leveled voice. Some of the things Shota told him weren't exactly good. There was a lot of pain in those words and he knew now who's it was going to be. It was better for them to not hear it in advance.

"Look if you really want to get into Tamarang I can help you." He finally said." My mother used to work for the old king of Tamarang when she was young. She used to be his personal attendant so she got to know all the secret passages across the city including the escape routes from inside the castle." He stated." I have a temporary camp not too far from here. If yo ufollow me there I can show you the hidden tunnels inside nad out and even can provide your wizards with decently detailed copy of the paint spell that was used. Maybe you can devise a counter in advance and not have to worry about that after you already get caught into it. Let's just say that they do not guard the sacred caves as well as they should be... The usurpers..." He mumbled the last part with hatred in his voice.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Maera kept on a blank face as the hunter spoke but his words about the other Confessors were wounding her to her core. The thought of what her lost sisters had gone through before the release of death... it haunted her. It made her want to cry. It made her want to rage against those responsible. But she could do neither and so she stood. "I thank you Hunter, for the lives of my sisters that you may have saved... and for those that you couldn't have but tried anyways, whether that was your intention or not. That being said, I may not fear a mord-sith, Hunter, but I am not stupid either." she added, moving on from her pain. "I never intended to go sit inside the city... drawing out puppets to go in and collect what we need was my intention all along." she explained. She hated thinking of the people as puppets.. some were innocents but.. well, many were not. It was impossible to tell good from bad and, for the moment, they all loyally served evil. "I know enough that it's folly to sit inside the hornet's nest. If Shota told you that we were to do this, perhaps she doesn't know as much as she claims..."

Her eyes narrowed when Jack hesitated in stating the rest of Shota's messages. With that refusal, she felt a wave of fear pass through her, especially when Jack's gazed settled for a moment on Roderic, after that chilling statement. She knew enough that witch-women, Shota in particular, could predict events sometimes. If she had seen something about Roderic.. something terrible... Dear spirits... Still, they had a mission and they knew the danger of it. They also knew the price should they fail. She swallowed hard, bottling that fear up, willing courage back.

She looked back to the Hunter. "If you can get me close to someone... anyone who has the opportunity to get their hands on the box.. We only need that one person." she told him. "I would feel better that we didn't all go in. Besides, if something happens, we wouldn't all be wiped out in one fell swoop." she said, now looking over at Zedd. "If we can get directly to someone who can get the box and wouldn't be suspected... this might go all the more smoothly..." she suggested. She turned back to Jack. "Hunter, do you think this is possible?" she asked. She trusted the man as far as she could throw him.. which given his huge stature, was not far at all. But right now, they didn't have a lot of choice.

She thought about potential targets. The queen herself would be the prime target. Nobody would question Queen Milena, unless Darken Rahl was there, which she doubted at this moment. Getting to the queen though would be harder than to one of her trusted aides. Likely the only time Milena would be alone would be at night.. and then there would be guards within throwing distance. Too close, her Confessor's power was powerful enough but.. it would be noticed. Unless they were lucky enough for a thunderstorm to crop up... and could gain entry to Milena's private rooms. She turned, suggesting all of this to Zedd, asking what he might think of it.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Were you not listening to me, Confessor?" Jack asked with a sigh and shook his head." Getting anywhere close to a place to confess someone of importance or even a guard is close enough to be grabbed into the spell potentially. The First Wizard should be well aware of the potence of similar spells. From my knowledge they cna only be broken at hte sacred caves. I'm not well versed in understanding those spells, but according to what Shota told me, they target any seeker, wizard and confessor who stray too close to the city once activated. THey shouldn't be activated quite yet, but you shouldn't underestimate them." He added." As for your questions, Yes it's possible for me to get you close enough to confess someone of importance and close to the box. Potentially I can snag you even that sadistic brat Violet." He stated and pointed in the direction of the caves." First though make sure you cannot be caught in the spells. We have two wizards here, let them weave a protection of some form before we think of getting to grab puppets. When it comes to Rahl, never skip on precautions." He stated with flat voice.

"No point in arguying with the man, Maera." Zedd finally intervened with calm voice." I can see from his eyes and intonation he's as headstrong as a boulder and what he's saying isn't without truth. Painting spells are rather insidious. It's entirely possible to get entrangled in them without knowing if you aren't careful. Seen it in the past. Let us take precautions, it shouldn't take more than a single afternoon and night to weave a few magic nets to protect the three of us from possible spell. What he said is true it's possible Rahl showed the painter how to increase teh area of the spells or how to make them affect people stronger."

"Maera... let's just do what they are suggesting... it's for the best... believe me..." Hope pulled onto the confessor's sleeves with her right hand, but she was holding her head with her left hand. Her expression was slightly out of it as if she had just seen something outlandish. Probably one of her visions." Just let's do like Zed and Jack say this time... please..." She said and leaned to whisper to Maera's ear." ...otherwise we lose Richard and Roderic... permanently." Hope whispered the last part so lowly that only Maera can hear her and only albeit barely so, she didn't want the others to hear.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Maera replied with a frustrated sound. "Only any seeker, wizard or confessor... Quite convenient.." she muttered. The latter two might.. might be understandable but.. there had been no seeker in years. For some spell to have also targeted a seeker, that meant that someone had known or at least suspected the plan to have one be named.. Suddenly, Maera's suspicions were no longer directed at Hunter.. or at least not totally. That was a worrisome thought: someone in Aydindril... no, someone at the Confessor's Palace feeding information to Rahl and his lackeys. She turned a concerned look to Zedd and Roderic. "They were prepared for a seeker..." she said to them quietly. "Before we had sought one out even.."

She began running over in her head potential traitors. Not likely her sisters. So many confessors had perished and they were always at risked. Having grown up so closely together, with no one else truly understanding, the closeness of the bonds that the confessors forged with each other was unbreakable as far as Maera was concerned. There was not a single one of them she could imagine would be duplicitous on this scale. The remaining wizards.. some she was less sure of but, she did not know them as closely as she knew her sisters or Roderic. Even still, with most of them dead and all of them hunted.. Well, perhaps it would be time to surreptitiously talk to her sisters assigned to those wizards when they returned home. Beyond that was the palace staff and guards. It wasn't beyond fathoming that one of them could have overheard something... If there was a traitor or traitors in the palace, it could spell disaster for the Midlands.. and explain a number of losses against Rahl's forces.

For now though, there were other worries to deal with first. She frowned slightly at Hunter's suggestion of taking Princess Violet. It was true Violet was a brat.. and arrogant, conceited, self-centred.. but.. she WAS a child. If Violet was sadistic, Maera had not seen that side, though, given Queen Milena's temperament, it would not have been surprising. But Maera had never had to confess a child. An adult understood their crimes and, always in the last moments as Maera had unleashed her power into them, she had always been able to see an acceptance of their guilt and understanding of the crimes in the eyes of those she had confessed. A child was different. And yet, she understood duty. Maera knew she would sacrifice that one young life to help turn the tides of this war. One life for many.

Hunter's next admonition though made sense. It would be best not to risk the spells in the first place. She glanced over to Zedd and Roderic. She didn't like the idea of splitting up the group but.. she realized they might very well have to. They would need a wizard here and one at the caves for this. It would be too easy for someone to be able to draw new spells to counteract their protection. She nodded in resignation at Zedd's words, and then Hope's, knowing that someone would have to be sent off alone. Her gaze turned sharply to Hope at the younger woman's later words. She had to trust the young witch-woman had seen something. She nodded again. "More than just a few magic webs. Someone.. someone Gifted will likely have to keep watch there. I don't trust that someone on their side won't be able to draw something else insidious to send after us once they realize something is going on." she said to all of them. "I wouldn't want to find out the hard way..."

Roderic took a step forward. "I'll do it. I'll go to the caves." he volunteered. "The rest of you will be in more dangerous territory, I'd rather have the First Wizard himself watching over the rest of you." he explained. He watched as Maera gave him a slightly nod, though he could see how unhappy she was about it, as her eyes didn't meet his. That was something he had always admired about her, how she had the strength to put the welfare of others above her own feelings. She knew how important this was and accepted Roderic's choice, knowing she would have chosen the same had she the same skillset. But she was not the final arbiter of this decision though. They both looked over to Zedd and Richard for their input.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"That might not precisely be the case, Maera." Zed replied to the confessor and giving her a learned look." Rahl doesn't always need mortal spies. Do not forget that he's in cahoots with the keeper. The keeper can be a powerful ally to him. What's more if you think about it, the only type of people Rahl has any real reason to be worried about would be confessors, wizards and a seeker with the seeker being the most dangerous." The old wizard stated with a frown and decided to reveal some more information." When we left the west lands, Rahl had already placed a special magic to track Richard. Luckily in this weather it's impossible to use. Winter saved us a lot of troubles this time around." He added in a rather reassuring voice.

While that discussion was going on, Hope was looking at the hunter then at Roderic then back at the hunter and finally at Richard. These three men were key figures in whatever the tides of fate were setting up. There was a huge storm that was bound to hit this world soon and they were to be at the center of it in some way or another. Perhaps each had his own play to do in it all. Hope herself felt that they all had some kind of future that was innevitably drawing ever so near. When she heard that Roderic was going to go to the caves alone, she frowned." Roderic, be careful, alright? If you see soldiers do not try to throw magic at them directly! Use surroundings in some way, just in case a mordsith is skulking inside their ranks waiting for you to use your magic!" The young witch woman adviced him.

"That's a good idea." Zedd added." They can only capture your magic if it's directed at them in some way. If you avoid targeting her and instead use it on let's say making the ground into a swamp, it shouldn't be possible for her to capture you." The First wizard agreed." Still ideally you shouldn't even be there if soldiers arrive. Just destroy the spell that's been woven, throw some light webs there to hinder them from restoring it and come back to the camp place here." The older wizard said to Roderic.

"I agree on this. If things get too dangerous you should pull out. If you can try to collapse the entrace of those caves on your way out." Richard also stated." This will really hinder any attempts to reestablish any spells there since they will have to clear the entrance first. And if you put magical traps on the rubble, it's all the better." Richard didn't really like the idea of using traps, but at times you just had to do what you had to do.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Maera pursed her lips at Rahl not needing mortal spies. It was true that he was a powerful wizard and that he did make deals with the Keeper, but as far as any of them in Aydindril knew, Rahl's dealings were only a means of traversing the boundaries, nothing more than that. This revelation though gave her a new worry.. atop all the others. If the Keeper allowed Rahl the use of underworld beasts.... Dear spirits... that was a terrifying thought. Did they even have any hope in winning this war if it was so? In the end, it didn't really matter.... She, her sisters, and everyone in Aydindril would fight until the last. She was willing to give up her lives... any of their lives here right now if it meant a chance at stopping Rahl. And that meant helping this young man, Richard.

Hope's words drew Maera's attention as the younger woman spoke to Roderic. The worry in the young witch woman's voice instantly concerned the confessor and Maera wondered if she had made a dire mistake in asking Roderic to go to the caves. As Zedd took over the warnings to the younger wizard, Maera pulled Hope aside. "Please tell me your warning is just.. logical concern, Hope...." she said quietly, voice tinged with her worry. "Please tell me you didn't see something..." In the end though, it didn't matter what Hope's answer was. They had sent people on dangerous missions before and would have to in the future.

A part of her was tempted to renege on the request for Roderic to go.. or even go with him herself but... she was needed here. She pulled the emotionless exterior over herself, resigned to what must be. She pulled herself tall, ignoring and hiding all her own emotions. "Then that is what we do. Roderic goes to the caves to sabotage them as best he can... and Wizard Zorander, if you please, begin working on the spells to protect us." she requested. Her gaze turned towards the hunter. "And when we are protected enough to go in, we must choose someone a bit.. less high profile than the princess. The head of the guard for example would be a far better target... though we can discuss it more later, when we are closer." she told him. He had said he could help get them close enough to someone for Maera to confess. The guard commander would have the access and permission to go where he wanted, when he wanted without question for the most part. He would be a far better choice in the end. And was not a child.

She turned to help Roderic get ready to leave as he moved over to his mount. She kept a distance between them as she spoke to him in a low voice. "Be careful out there, Roderic. This is important but.. it's not worth your life in this instance. Not when we still have other options still to get in there and get the box.."

He took a deep breath. "But it's your best chance of being able to get in and out of there safely." he answered but then gave her a small smile. "I'll be as careful as I can though..." He arched an eyebrow. "You be careful too, Maera. Where you are headed isn't without risk either."

Maera gave a small, crooked smile back. "But I won't be alone." she reminded him. "Just.. watch your back."

He paused a long moment, looking into her eyes as she looked back into his.. but that was it. That was all it could be. Finally he nodded, pulling himself away and climbed up into his saddle. With a last nod and wave, he heeled the horse into a jog away from them through the forest, towards where the caves would be.

Maera turned back to the rest of them that remained. "Well, we had best not waste any time then. The sooner we can get the protection spells weaved, the sooner we can get into the city, get the box and get out, the better." she said, trying to ignore the part of her mind screaming that something was going to go wrong. It wasn't pessimism but.. some intuitive feeling, a dread that had taken hold. She supplanted it, knowing that she could only act on what information they had before them, stick to this plan they now had and try their best to make it work.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

~~~~~~ about an hour later, inside the Tamarang Royal castle. ~~~~~~

Jack was true to his word as he led them towards hte city once all preparations were complete, but before they even got near enough to see the city from distance, he led them somewhere else, all the way to what appeared to be a really big tree. that had a lot of bushes around it. Frankly the place looked impressive, but nothing special.

When he pushed a few of the bushes aside and after running his hand across the grass on the ground, he found what he was looking for and pulled the old chain, pulling a metal hatch that was just big enough for a single person to fit through. In this case big enough for Jack himself to get through it, which meant that probably two Hopes could fit side by side there. Zed had expressed his surprise of this passage and the fact it wasn't guarded. Jack only explained that it was a secret passage that only the old king and his maid knew about. It was the escape route for the king in case anything went wrong. It was dug up decades prior to that, but the king then never revealed it to his daughter aka the current Queen. Jack knew it from his mother who was the king's most trusted servant, maid and final guard.

Then he proceeded to lead the way in front of the tohers, using metal lantern to illuminate the way forward, warning Zed to not weave any spells in the tunnel. After what seemed to be about an hour, they finally reached a set of old stairs that led upwards, to another hatch." Alright, we arrived." Jack stated and went ahead to the hatch, first listening at it for a few moment before he carefully pushed it up and looked through the narrow opening he made, then he returned down to the others." Alright this hatch leads to one of the store rooms. This one's been used for storing the misc items left from the previous rulers. Think about portraits, personal items of minor value and all manner of other items that a new ruler wouldn't really need or want. Especially if they are trying to not remind people of their times better predicessors." Jack stated." This part of the castle is less used, so chances of getting simply discovered is less and we've got a direct access to the treasury. There are actual honest to got secret entrances throughout the castle. There's one that will lead us direclty into the treasury, but the entrance into that one passes through what now is the princess's chambers." Jack explained." When the castle was being build it didn't use to be that, back then it was an office room where the king would do work or relax."

"Hmmmm...." Hope made a sound as she pushed her way around hte others and by Jack, earning a raised eyebrow from him as she started climbing up the ladder and pushed hte hatch herself. He was about to ask her what she was doing when she hushed him.

Then just Richard was about to speak up and ask if Hope had sensed something, a really loud creaking noise echoed as someone had opened the door to the store room. Hope had opened the hatch just a touch, enough to hear clearly what was happening in the room. Luckily the hack was underneath an old table so it wasn't as easy to see cause it was covered by old dusty cloth to protect the furniture. She could still see jus the soles of the shoes of the people who entered the room though.

"Did ya hear?" It was a female voice, from what Hope could see, they were wearing a crude long skirt. She suspected these were servants. The other person asked their friend they were talking about. It was another servant woman." What? You didn't hear? The princess punished her servant girl again. Locked her in the dollhouse while she went out with her mother. She warned htat no one was to open the dollhouse until she returns."

"Poor girl." The other servant added with a sigh, they were here just to pick up some old tableware. The ones used by the previous king." Well... at least she's still alive. I heard the princess's been hanging around that woman in red lately. I happened to overhear what they were talking about, I had nightmares that night. How can someone as young as her to be so vicious as to torture people like that?" The second servant asked.

"Shhh..!" The first servant hurried to shut her friend." Don't raise that topic, the last person who did it, ended up in the tower for the princess's education!" The woman warned her." Just grab the tableware... The Queen ordered we treat that woman in red leather with highest honors from now on. Apparently the princess had 'potential' the woman in red had said. The queen's trying to get onto her good side so she takes the princess to teach her in D'Hara." With that the servants having finally grabbed the old tableware that was fit for royalty finally left.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Maera's surprise at the escape tunnel was much the same as Zedd's was, at the fact that it wasn't guarded more so than its existence. She had seen other castles and palaces that had escape tunnels such as this but it was pure folly not to guard it. Just as easily as someone could use it to escape, the enemy could just as easily use it to infiltrate the castle too, especially now in the a time of war. It also surprised her that the former king had never revealed the passage's existence to Queen Milena, according to Jack's story at least. Maera herself had never met the former king and so couldn't come to a conclusion as to why that might have been with any surety. She had only Jack's assurance that this tunnel wasn't known to the current ruler and was therefore unguarded at the far end, an assurance she did not trust completely as of yet. Still, this stranger had a confessor, a wizard, a seeker and a witch woman behind him. If there was treachery afoot on his part, he had chosen a truly dangerous group to turn against.

They followed Jack through the dark tunnel that smelled of damp and soil and stone for what seemed like quite some time. Eventually though they finally reached a section of the tunnel that went upwards. At the top was a hatch and they all waited patiently as the hunter went and scouted ahead before coming back to explain to them how to they would progress. Maera was about to ask why all the interest in the treasure but then she realized that it was likely that the queen was keeping the box there. Dear spirits, this woman had one of the most powerful items in the whole world and she was keeping it in with her gold and jewels as if it was a collectible item. The council had well failed by giving the box out as a show of favour... Of course, they had thought the box nothing more than a trinket, a box covered with jewels, and not something with the power to potentially destroy all life despite being warned different. If only they had paid heed to the words of the wizards....

Hope suddenly moved up to push open the hatch, enough that they could all hear a door above open and some people enter the storage room; two women talking. They spoke of another servant, a girl.. being locked in some sort of doll house? Well being locked in something by the princess. Maera frowned in the darkness of where she stood, unhappy at what they were hearing. Unhappy but.. this was far from what the confessors needed as proof to upset a rein of a monarch. The kingdoms of the Midlands were autonomous, except when it came to criminal acts, if a monarch was putting political adversaries to death or some other dark deeds of a similar grave nature. Only then could the confessors step in. Locking up a servant girl was just not a serious issue.

What really caught Maera's attention though was the mention of a lady in red. She knew instantly what that was: a Mord-Sith. Darken Rahl's torturers. And the queen was working closely with that woman. Yes, there was little question now as to Queen Milena's involvement with Rahl, though Maera would need to see with her own eyes to be absolutely sure, but THAT would be enough to allow Maera to dethrone the queen if so. But, in the end, the box was more important for now. The confessors could deal with Milena later. That woman was an annoyance in all of this. Rahl was the true threat. Still.. if Maera could gain eyes within the castle.. an ally who could keep an eye on Milena... Or even cause a distraction at the right time such as an assassination attempt.

With the room above vacated, she turned to Jack. "So what now? I'd imagine there are guards watching over the treasury room. Guards that we must get past somehow. You said there was a direct route from the princess' room but I doubt that will be easy to gain access to either without raising alarm. " she said. She glanced at Zedd and then back to Jack. "Keep in mind, that if I were to touch someone.. a guard perhaps, they can be used as a distraction if we should need it..." she offered. "Or the commander of the guards.. who can be made to clear a route for us, if I can gain access to him."