rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Re: Garou: Cycle of Healing

Post by rivaan »

Lisa's mood wasn't really exploding right now as the owls were making a noise. While not as into spirits as Sara, she did realize an early alarm system when she saw one... be it an spirit one or a technical one. Didn't maker mood any better when the proper owl spirit showed up to grand fanfare and started asking questions. Well he was asking them too fast to reply right away, so she waited for a good chance and nodded at Sara to leave it to her for the moment.

"Great Owl Spirit, you who value knowledge the most, I do not believe those who seek knowledge should beat around the bush, thus I will explain to you our presence." Lisa replied to the spirit in a calm way.

Then she spend the following time to explain their experience at the gathering and the warnings they recieved. Then after she explained it all, she continued." This is why, Great Spirit, we've come in search of answers to the lurking danger of the wyrm to the local septs."

"I would like to ask on what price in exchange of that information, your great wisdom will request." She ended her little speech. Even if the danger was real, this was going to be a transaction. Spirits did not do things for free, there was always a price." For proposing a price ourselfs without knowing the extent of the situation and the value of the information, would be a bad manners should we propose to little."
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

As Lisa was speaking their case, Sara took the opportunity to allow her body to revert back to her normal human form. It took only a few seconds until she was merely once again a human woman holding a bo staff rather than a wolf. It would be easier to speak English in this form and since the owl spirit was speaking English.. Seeing the amount of owl spirits here, be it the gafflings or the large one that was likely a jaggling, Sara was in awe of the number of them. Her own totem, though a wisdom-totem as well, was far more discerning in showing itself. Unicorn's servants did not show themselves often, and never in numbers like these. As Lisa spoke, Sara kept her eyes on the larger owl, trying to judge its mood as it listened in silence, the other owls silencing as well now.

Finally, as the Glass Walker finished, the owl took a long moment before replying. Its wings seemed to sag just a little as it did. "The price... the price is that you aid our allied Sept." it said. It glanced at Ho'nehe for a moment before turning back to Lisa. "While your comrade is not pledged to Owl, we know that Red Deer Sept is his family, as they are ours. We can understand that he wishes to safeguard his kin, just as we wish to safeguard them." it explained. "And perhaps it was wise of him to seek outside help for a situation that is now a stalemate. The price... We cannot demand your aid for the price of the information you need to give your aid, and so we will tell you what we know of this matter and hope that you will still render what help you can."

It paused to fluff up its feathers again, looking like it was trying to restore its confidence and mood along with it, drawing itself up tall on its branch. "Wendigo has always been an aggressive spirit. We often seek to balance those sworn to Wendigo, to let reason balance the anger that fills them. Sometimes we are able to, sometimes not. That is the way of things. But now the followers of Wendigo, those who were once friends to this Sept, come and.. they are not the same." it said, the other owls gathered around began to make small, sad sounding hoots, falling silent as the larger jaggling began to speak again. "When they come, they do not bring their totem nor servants of their totem with them. They bring taint."

"They have begun to taint the very caern that Red Deer Sept protects. That WE protect. This was a caern of Wisdom but the spirit waters begin to darken with the Wyrm's corruption. It is slight now, likely not noticeable to any but the most perceptive of your kind, but it grows daily." It paused, cocking its head. "I hear you ask 'why does not Red Deer Sept do something'? Yes, they are not tainted, they are not corrupted by the Wyrm's hatred. So why do they not act to throw out the corrupted intruders? Because these Wendigo have taken something precious from Red Deer Sept." Its head settled back, its eyes glowing a light, shining blue now.

"The price for Red Deer Sept's compliance was the lives of Uktena pups." it stated darkly. "Pups not yet old enough for their First Change. A number from the nearby town and surrounding forests were taken, both homid and lupus born." It looked over at Ho'nehe. "You wonder why you did not hear of this, young Uktena. These pups, too young for their First Change, were left to be raised as normal humans or wolves, as is your way. They were only known to their parents and the Wendigo who took them also made it known that if any alarm was raised, if any attempt to rescue these pups was made, they would be torn apart or worse."

The owl seemed angry now, its talons gripping the bark on the branch so hard that some peeled off and fell to the ground. "Only mere hours ago, as a threat, the young pup of Walks-in-Snow, barely three months old, was laid before the Sept council, torn apart and mutilated almost beyond recognition. Barely more than a pelt and some pieces remained...." The owl now seemed to try to calm itself down, the anger retreating but the sadness would not be banished so easily. "Owl is not a totem of war. We can do little to help but your arrival has brought with it some hope. If we can pass on this knowledge, perhaps something can be done to help... Will you help us, young Garou? Will you help this Sept?"

During the final revelations, colour had drained from Sara's face. She knew well enough how loss felt but... she couldn't imagine... Not only losing a child but to have it be so horribly mutilated... Walks-in-Snow had been the lupus that had sought them out as they had left the day before, the only one who had been brave enough to ask for their help, risking her own life for it. It sounded as if perhaps she had paid that price with the life of her own pup. A few tears rolled down Sara's face at that realization. How terrible. She felt guilty for a moment before she realized that it had been Walks-in-Snow who had made that choice, desperate for any help. Sara turned to Lisa. "We have to help them..." she urged. "How can we not?"
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

The owl spirit sure talked a lot, but the more Lisa heard, the more her mood turned ever sourer. She was currently with her back to Sara and Honohe, but it was pretty vesible to the spirit. Her very being was giving off an aura of bloodlust and her visage was rather horrible right now. Seems her self imposed exile to leave in solitude with her failings had led to her failing to notice the growing tain surrounding her. She heard Sara speak.

Suddenly Lisa turned her bloodshot eyes to her friend." Tell me now, Sara, do you still believe there's room for peace? Now that the blood of the innocent was spilt?" She asked, her voice filled with fury, though not at Sarah.

"There are no innocent there... not anymore." She growled, her fists clentched till blood was trickling down her palm from her own nails piercing into her flesh." ...tear them..." Her words were half lost, but suddenly she punched the ground, her fury exploding." I WILL TEAR THEM ALL TO BLOODY PIECES AND BURN THOSE PIECES TO ASHES UNTIL NOT EVEN A BONE REMAINS!" Lisa had snapped, there was no longer the previous condition of the wendigo trying to kill or harm, she had just turned into complete purging state. Her mind had just judged the whole sept those beasts were from and she was going to bloody tear every last of them with no exception.

Suddenly she took in a deep breath." Got it, great spirit... I know the location of the Wendigo Sept... But first I need some... informants to learn where they keep the pups. Will first free them as for them to not have hostages." Lisa said, her voice not loud, but carrying a tinge of unearthly fury." There's no place for compassion anymore, Sara. If you will not do what has to be done, you better not join me, because once I start this time, I will not stop..."
Keira Kelly
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Sara turned a hard look at the Glass Walker, her stern calming a harsh counter to Lisa's rage. "Yes, I do." she answered. "Not with those turned to the Wyrm, of course but the Uktena here are innocents and so, despite their expulsion of us earlier, we can have peace with them." she explained. "Those who turn to the Wyrm are beyond hope and beyond forgiveness though. Justice shall be laid upon them and if we must be the sword of that justice, so be it." Her hazel eyes stared with determination into Lisa's. "I never said I couldn't or wouldn't fight... but I refused to fight before knowing who truly was our enemy. Now we know."

She wondered if Lisa even realized how close her friend had come to ruin. Had they not gotten this information from Owl's servants... and if Lisa had torn into the Uktena instead in her rage, thinking them the enemy, what would have become of the Glass Walker when the anger was finally put to rest? Suddenly, she realized that Lisa was on the verge of frenzy, the Rage overtaking her. "Lisa! Lisa!!" she yelled, trying to get the Ahroun to focus on her. "We will do what we can for these innocents... But we need to focus and think straight, not let our anger over it take us over!"

She watched and waited till she saw Lisa visibly take a calming breath before taking one of relief herself. Following a frenzying Garou into an unknown situation with an unknown number of enemies would have been suicide... and yet, Sara couldn't have allowed Lisa to go in alone either. To do this, they needed to play it smart and plan what they needed to do first. Otherwise, they would not be the only casualties in this, and the Wyrm would win this area.

Sara frowned, just a little bit hurt. "You should know me better by now, Lisa. My compassion is for those who deserve it, for innocents. My compassion is for the Uktena in this. I may seem calm to you but it hides the sea of wrath I wish to take upon those who not only betray Gaia for the Wyrm, but would threaten and destroy the lives of children." She gave a small growl, a rare occurrence from her. "Don't doubt that I can do what needs to be done, Lisa.." she added. "I have been fighting for many years now."

The large Owl made a fluttering hoot that trailed down. "We do not know where the pups are being held, though we suspect it is in the Wendigo Sept's territory. We cannot enter there anymore. We have lost a number of gafflings already in the attempt." it explained. "We, at cost to ourselves, can give you items which may aid you in this." With that, two other owls, as large as the current one appeared from the tree canopies, landing on the branch beside the first one. As they landed one dropped an object from the clutches of its talons, the other dropped two objects which all fluttered to the ground. "Pick them up." the first owl commanded.

As each of the three Garou each picked up one of the mottled brown and white feathers, the first owl continued to speak. "Each of these owl feathers have been specially prepared for three days and three nights and kept, in preparation for just such an event. We three servants of Owl are willing to bind ourselves to these feathers... to each of you, for this cause. It is no small thing for us to do but we are each willing to as your willingness to help is now clear." it spoke. "I am Barran." It raised its right wing slightly. "This is Nyra." Then the left. "And this is Strix. Our names are secrets, known to few if any but if we are to bind ourselves to you, you may know us. You may then call upon us to gain a power through the use of the feather as you need it. We will grant you the ability to move without sound and unnoticed in the darkness, as the Owl does. Hold your feathers aloft!"

It waited until all three had complied before Barran launched itself off its branch, straight at Ho'nehe's feather. As it got near, its already ephemeral form began to shimmer and shrink as if it were made of smoke, the glowing smoke trailed straight to the feather, superimposing a glow on it for a moment before fading. Nyra did the same to Lisa's feather and Strix with Sara's. As each of the Garou how held their new Fetishes, each could feel how the item worked and the spirits of the owl in their own feather.

Sara was taken aback. It was rare for a spirit to agree to become bound to a fetish. That these were willing to do so without even knowing two-thirds of this pack... well, that showed not only the owls' trust in the three but also their determination to try to help the Uktena Sept. Sara held her feather reverently. "Thank you, Strix." she whispered to it. "I swear we will do whatever we can, risking our own lives, to try to help these pups." she promised.

( Fetishes:
Owl's Passage
Level 2, Gnosis 7
The fetish, when activated, will allow the Garou who stick to the darkness to remain silent and unseen, even if passing close by to someone. Any touch, voiced sound from the user or getting to close to a light source will break the stealth. Even protects from spirits, though to a lesser extent when in the Near Umbra which has an ever-present source of ambient light. )