Adren
Adren
Clan: Lasombra
Garou Tribe: Get of Fenris
Fera Tribes: Simba
SM Chapter: Blood Angels

Re: Werewolf: Stampede into Darkness

Post by Veli Alvar »

The air in the cave was chilly this morning. Inside was a mess from last night, spilled drinks and the smell of food still littered around. Feeling a tug at his hair, Veli woke up, his eyelids slowly rising, vision covered entirely by Elias' clothes who sat right next to him. The little boy was aggressive for sure and hell, even a bit strong for his age. Veli groaned in his groggy state, sitting up as his hair slid out of Elias' hands. The Fenrir was covered by a sheet, a pillow under his head. Confused, he looked around and heard an all too familiar voice. `Maybe you're used to sleeping on the cold cave floor from your younger days but really? You had me fuckin' worried!` It was Natasha, of course, he thought as he felt a strong jab at his shoulder.

`Worried.. what about?` Veli asked in a hoarse voice, rubbing his eyes to clear his vision back up, unfazed by her punch and Elias' hair pull. He let out a half smile as he planted his hand on the top of Elias' head, the size of it covering the boys entire head. The boys own hands reached up for Veli's forearm as he wrestled with it, unsuccessfully of course but still persisting. `I come out of our room to see you almost lifeless on the ground, you dumb ape. Your snore was the only thing that helped me relax.`

Natasha had sat down with Elias by Veli until he awoke. It took the Sept Alpha back a bit, her being distant and cold these past days but it was clear she still cared for him immensely, regardless. `I'm fine, Natasha.` he said, finally standing up and dusting himself off. Thank goodness for his Garou physiology, for as drunk as he was last night, were he human, he would need a whole day to recover from the hangover. Yet, all he had was a mild headache that could easily be soothed with a quick drink of water to restore his fluids.

Natasha followed him up, picking up the sheets and wrapping it around her arm, pillow in her other hand. `Will you spend time with your child today?` She asked, tilting her head. Veli palmed his face, his eyes closed as he tried to gather his thoughts. A bit after, he dropped his hand, turning to Natasha. `I'm expecting somebody important today. You know I'm always busy. I can stay with him here for now.` He said, picking up his song in one arm as the little boy swung his tiny fists at Veli's shoulder. `I'm gonna be strong daddy!` Elias yelled, the most his little body allowed him to and arched his brows, a big grin on his face.

Veli looked at him and smirked. `You are indeed, my boy.` he said, walking into the training area as Natasha head back to put the stuff away, a content smile on her face.
======
New Divine Forest Grounds
======
Antoine had steadily been running his usual rounds around the forest, a glowing blue owl perched upon his shoulder that acted as his sentry. He had participated in the moot the night before but, serious and responsible in his duties, did not drink much and called it a night much before everyone else. The morning was quiet as can be, the only sounds being the birds chirping in the distance and his slow, deliberate footsteps through the forest floor.

Suddenly, his owl took off into the air, flying to an area behind him as he turned to watch it. The owl circled around a small spot a few yards behind him and flew to perch itself on the nearest branch. A black portal materialized itself by that same tree, the same kind of portal that Harmon had utilized to reach the King before him. Antoine took a ready stance, his head low while he stared at it. Stepping out of that portal was a girl, followed by to hooded Garou in Crinos form. The hoods covered most of their features but their snouts were visible, their black fur clear. Black robes covered both of the Garous bodies virtually entirely. Both were armed, one with a sheathed sword at its hip, as well as a backpack strapped. The other bore a spear on his back. In the middle was the girl.. Georgina, who presumably was now the Kings aide. Her attire was much more glamorous than before, however. She was robed as well but her robe was lined with gold at the edges and it shaped her body perfectly. The front of the robe was also lined with various glyphs in the center, also in gold. She bore a backpack as well.

Georginas face was familiar to Antoine, at least, so he dropped his guard somewhat but still questioned her arrival. `Your business here?` He asked as the Shadow Lord before him rolled her eyes. `Royal business with your Sept Alpha. Take me to him and make it quick. I haven't got all day.` She replied, rudely. What had her so uptight, Antoine thought, as he grit his teeth and led them back to the cave.
======
New Divine Cave: Training Grounds
======
Veli walked into the training grounds with his child still in his arms and was surprised to see Kate there. `Looks like we're all up early, huh?` He said with a deep chuckle, approaching his Sept Beta. `What did you plan--` Veli started before Antoine stepped into the room, cutting him off.

`Royal business here to see you, Jarl.` He said, Veli's eyes darting in his direction as Georgina walked in with her two Crinos companions.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Feeding her family hadn't taken Kate that long. She had opted just to make a big batch of eggs in a skillet in the hearth. Despite living out here at the caern, probably because by chance all members of the Sept were Homid, there were individuals who went to the nearest town every week or so to pick up supplies of food which were distributed out and kept in old fashioned cold boxes, pits dug deep into the ground and insulated to keep food fresh for longer. Kate was happy enough living with her Sept out here, but sometimes she did miss some of the modern conveniences.. like a proper range to cook food on.

After everyone was fed, they headed out of the cabin, towards the cave that most members of the Sept made their home. Kate and Sean dropped off the kids at what was, for all intents and purposes, the Sept's daycare, before both heading off to the training area. Sean would have to leave shortly to head into town for work but it was still early enough. The clearing was empty for the moment when they arrived and they both got into a range of stretches and warm ups, helping each other. Kate's years as a gymnast had drilled into her a fairly strict exercise routine, especially after joining the Septs. Being in shape gave one a superior advantage when it came to combat.

After the warm up, Kate had Sean go through some of the combat forms she had been teaching him as of late. He might have been Kinfolk and not expected to fight or be on the front lines but he had asked, and she had agreed to teach him because.. if it ever came down to it and someone made its way into the Sept's lands, anyone who could fight could prove invaluable, even Kinfolk.. as her tale the previous night had proven. She watched her mate's routine while mirroring the moves herself and correcting him on a few minor errors, but.. Sean was proving to be an adept learner. If they'd had more time right now, she would have broken out the training swords but they didn't. It was usually better to do that at the end of the day on days that he worked anyways because a sparring session could easily leave him sore.

Suddenly she heard Veli call out, interrupting the session. She glanced over her shoulder, catching sight of her Alpha and giving him a nod of greeting while continuing the stance they were on. She gave a grunt in reply to his statement. "Not by choice, Veli.. not by choice.... The children don't seem to understand the joys of sleeping in..." she answered, her annoyed tone belied by a small laugh added on. Veli began to ask another question but was interrupted by Antoine's arrival. Kate relaxed her posture then, turning to see what was going on. Seeing who was behind him, made Kate pause.

She turned to Sean quickly. "Best you get on to work, love." she said to him quietly. "I'll see you tonight.. I hope.." She gave him a wistful look, both of them knowing that there would be a good chance that might not happen, that she and her pack might be called away yet again. They gave each other a quick kiss before Sean discretely made his exit and Kate turned her attention to Georgina and her companions, moving up to stand beside Veli. It wasn't often that Homid Garou would just casually walk around in Crinos form but.. she didn't think these two were Metis... That was enough to put her ill at ease, that they felt they needed the extra threat of that the war form carried. She waited for Veli to take the lead, as was his due as Sept Leader but she didn't like this... she didn't like this one bit.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

Georgina stepped forward towards Veli, her stature dwarfed by the Fenrir, still she kept a strong, regal posture. The two Crinos to the side of her were emotionless, clearly at the mercy of her command. One part of Veli questioned the need for such security yet.. being too careful was not a real thing. The Shadow Lord blinked, acknowledging Veli in a semi-respectful manner; she was clearly here for business and not to start trouble.

`As you know, Veli Alvar, King Witschel has trusted you and your Sept with the task of restoring a German city too far gone to the Triat. The town in question serves as a beacon for their forces, breeding, festering. The sooner you liberate it, the quicker we can regain our ground over the dark forces that plague our existence.` She said, well spoken and to the point. Georgina reached for her backpack, unhooking it from her shoulders and dropping it before her, opening it up. From it, she lifted up a box, removing the top portion.

Inside the box laid several bluetooth earpieces. All were black and neatly organized. `We are no longer in the 19th or 18th century.. take these with you.. you are sure to need them.` She said, holding the box out to Veli who grasped it, taking the hint. With these it would certainly be easier to communicate during missions between packs, provided they were well charged anyway. `They are all programmed to the same channel. Simply put them on and push the button on the surface.` She said, Veli taking one and propping it against the ear opposite the side of the arm he held Elias. He held the whole box and nodded, ready to spread them out.

`There is no time limit on this task. However, the longer you take to liberate this infested town, the more time it has to breed these atrocities. Bring a high level Theurge with you and purify the sectors, section by section. This does not have to be an endurance mission. You may return to your Caern to rest but be wise. The King has high expectations of you, for whatever reason.` She said, her tone slightly bitter.

When the Shadow Lord was done, she turned her back to Veli and made her way back outside. `That will be all. Try not to die. More importantly, try not to disappoint to the King. ` Her voice faded gradually through the cave halls as she walked back outside. Veli let Elias down, holding the box with both hands, turning to Kate as he nodded. `Bring the packs here. We leave in a few hours.` He said sternly, though his tone familiar to Kate. He was in battle ready mode and it showed.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Kate had never liked Georgina, especially after their previous meeting, and she could feel herself bristling as the other woman spoke. Spoke was not the right word, proclaimed was more like it. That woman demanded respect that she hadn't earned.. at least from Kate and the others of the Sept. What annoyed Kate even more was Georgina had felt the need to come and reiterate their orders, as if they were feeble minded and needed constant reminding of the task at hand. Seriously.. it had been a day! Were they not allowed a day to rest and be with their families? Kate could feel rage begin to simmer inside her but she held it down as best she could. What right had this brown-noser to come in here and make demands of the New Divine, to order them to risk their lives without the slightest bit of sympathy or understanding.. or respect.

That was it. Georgina demanded respect that she hadn't earned meanwhile denying any sort of respect for the New Divine.. which they had more than earned, in the eyes of Gaia, the spirits and the Garou Nation. Though Kate said nothing, her dark, suspicious glare remained focused on the other woman. Well, aside from the quick glance at the box with items when it was presented to Veli. As Georgina continued to speak, it was as Kate suspected, just a reiteration of what they already knew. She felt the anger surge again at the 'try not to die' part. They were the New Divine! They were survivors! She longed to throw Georgina into an infested city and see how long she lasted! Still, she kept he composure outwardly, at least until Georgina had left.

She turned to Veli just as he turned to her, issuing orders to bring the rest of the Sept. "Will do, Alpha... But how can we trust her.. or these.. these.. devices??" she asked heatedly, pointing at the earpieces. "Weaver things! And how do we know they are safe to use? That someone else isn't listening in? Some Garou have learned how to listen into electronic waves, you know... Akane was telling me about some Glass Walker tricks a while ago.... And we have seen Garou before who were turncoats..." she added with a displeased frown. "Besides, how the hell are we going to be able to keep those in if we have to change forms?!" With a deep breath, she centred herself a bit. "I'll go and get the packs, Alpha." she finally said.

Five minutes later, she was back and slowly but surely, the rest of the Garou of the Sept arrived too, filling the training area. It was only now that it really hit her that they were leaving again, so soon after they had gotten back and they were leaving again. It seemed that her earlier fears were true, she'd miss seeing Sean and they weren't even going to be able to get a proper good bye. At least last night had been good. She had no clue how long she'd be gone this time but.. she would make it back to her family eventually.

Roaming her eyes over the gathered Garou, they settled on the last two members of her pack: Akane and Eion.. pausing slightly longer upon Eion yet again just because of his damn striking similarities to herself. She gave them both a nod before turning to Veli, giving him a longer nod. "The packs of the New Divine, ready to hear the decree placed upon us, as you requested, Alpha...." she presented, in typical Galliard fashion, then moving to Veli's side and just a bit behind him, watching over the sea of their Sept.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

`Your concerns, Kate.. be sure that I've got them in mind too.` The Fenrir Alpha said, slowly propping his son down onto the floor as he examined the box given to him, a piece of paper managing to slip out of it. He caught it before it could reach the ground and he held it in one hand, his thumb slipping under the fold. It was a map. Looking over it, he nodded, folding it back up and sticking it in his pocket, his attention now focused on the box of earpieces. Kate's concerns were legitimate and he, of course, would always consider her input.

`They are indeed Weaver looking trinkets..` He trailed, tilting the box as the earpieces slid all over inside of it. He grabbed one, getting a good feel for it as he dumped it back in the box. `How can we trust her...` Veli said slowly, bringing the box down to his waist. `If they wanted to do harm intentionally to us, they would have. Harmon stabbed me once already with his silver Klaive.. all it would have taken was a few more to end me. Laying down, helpless, on that ground.. that was the only time I felt my true mortality. He's had enough times to get rid of me.. get rid of us.. if he really wanted to. Though, going with my instincts.. I think he wants the best for Garou as a whole. I murdered his only son.. I couldn't even begin to think of what I would do to someone who would do the same to Elias. Harmon sees the big picture.. he's strong and he has a ton of influence now. Maybe this is really just that, the opportunity for us to shine. For renown! The Triat is as much a threat to him as it is to us.. if he hasn't killed me personally by now, then I can trust him and his little Beta or courier for the time being. I will get Aleksi to examine these trinkets..`

Veli said, nodding slowly as his Sept Beta went to fetch all of the packs. She commanded just as much respect as he and it was like a work of art, watching a Galliard organize a gathering as every pack walked into the cave before them, every member standing at attention, ready for orders. In an immediate change of demeanor, Veli's voice powered through the thick cave halls. `New Divine! We have been tasked with something of the utmost importance! A mission from the Garou King himself! We are to liberate an entire town lost to the Triat! Under the last Kings supervision, it had been lost. Perhaps vanity was above the interests of our Nation as a whole... never the less, we rise promptly to this occasion! There is no room for error, the road ahead is tough! This will be out ultimate test, to cement ourselves within the Nation! Make me proud, as I am more than certain you're all ready! New Divine! Say it with me now!` Veli bellowed as the cave rumbled with "New Divine" chants.

The members of each pack readied themselves, as well as Veli and his pack Red Spiral. He equipped his hammers and they all headed outside. Veli left Antoine's pack in charge of maintaining the Sept while they were away. It would not be easy but he trusted him.. and he trusted them. Once outside, Veli approached Aleksi who was nearby and who would be crucial in their task. `Teacher.. I need you to come with us.` He said, Aleksi raising an eyebrow.
`To do?`
`Cleansing an entire town from Triat influence.. they seem to have been overrun.`
`Very well, then.` nodded the Theurge.
`How prepared are you?`
`Enough..` Veli said, handing Aleksi the map from earlier, as well as the box full of earpieces.
`These ear things.. are they safe for us to use?`

Aleksi closed his eyes, holding the map in its folded state while he focused on the box of earpieces. Once his eyes opened, he nodded. `Whomever took the time to prepare these, went the entire mile. They are completely clean as well as spirit bound. They will mold into your ears, no matter what shape you are in.` He said, handing Veli back the box, now opening the map, nodding yet again. `I know where this is. A moon bridge there will be impossible, however. We will have to go on foot.` he told Veli who nodded, grabbing the box and handing an earpiece out to every pack member.

`When we get there, this is what we'll use to communicate with each other.. just push the button when you want to talk. The town isn't small apparently so communication between each other, while far away, is gonna be crucial.` He said as he handed every Sept pack an earpiece, some examining it, some sticking it in their ear without question. Assembling them all in front of him, Veli kept a stern face.

`There's no easy way there.. we have to travel there on foot for now. Lupus form will be to our benefit, so everyone get to it.` He said, his head turning to Aleksi, who took the forefront, slowly shifting. `And follow Aleksi, who will be our guide.`

Veli shifted into his large lupine form, black fur at his ears as everyone started to make way out of the Caern, Aleksi leading the way in a mild trod forward.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Kate nodded back to Veli, acknowledging his statement that her concerns weren't hers alone. Not that she had thought Veli ignorant of the concerns, but merely that it was her duty as Beta to make sure they were voiced. She glanced at the map that Veli found from the box, examining it superficially and trying to put as many of the landmarks on it to memory as she could in the short span that Veli studied it. They could look at it more in depth as they reached their destination. This all seemed... a little too organized for a typical mission. Then again, it was being done so by Shadow Lords, that really said it all. They'd rather control things from the sidelines than get themselves dirty in the first place. Still, she couldn't get past the feeling that they were being manipulated somehow.

She sniffed in disgust as they moved onto look at the earpieces more closely. She looked up, giving Veli a questioning look. "Veli, I'm not questioning the new King. I'm not questioning Harmon. He may be a Shadow Lord but he did take things rightfully. Honourably.. or at honourably as a 'Lord can get" she replied. "His anger over Benno's death is.. understandable, in a way. It was the only course of action, the only one that Benno would allow.. Despite this, Harmon is Garou and.." she tapped her own chest, "we all struggle with controlling our Rage. It's understandable that Harmon had trouble accepting. I am not casting doubt on him. It's that damned Georgina that I don't trust!" she reiterated.

"She tells us that all of this is by Harmon's word... actually, no she didn't!" she said in realization. "We know the task, this quest is from Harmon but... all of this silliness?" she added, indicating the earpieces. She sighed, shaking her head. "If you decide we should use these, I will.. but I think it might also do to tell everyone to be careful what they say over the connections.." she suggested. "Just in case." She gave a bit of a sardonic smile. "Perhaps we should come up with some sort of spoken, operations code for the Sept in the future.. Never know when the enemy will be able to understand even High Garou, or be listening from the Near Umbra even.. Something to think about when we get back." she suggested.

She nodded. "I'll trust Harmon, but I'll keep a careful eye on his little lackey... I'll go get the others." On her way to collect everyone and pass the word on to gear up and assemble, she stopped at her cabin, grabbing her own special Threefold Sword and her shield, attaching the scabbard around her waits and sheathing the sword while attaching the shield to a harness on her back. After doing that, she stopped at the daycare, passing on the news to the Kinfolk in charge and taking a few minutes to say goodbye to her own kids.

She knelt in front of them, one hand on each of them as she gave them each a kiss. "Mummy has to go away for a bit, but Daddy will be home tonight to look after you both. He'll pick you up when he gets back. You both be good for him, d'you hear?" she told them, bottling up her own instincts and urges to stay with them no matter what. It was hard than any fight she'd ever been in, every time.

"Mummy, don't go!" Laurie said sadly. "Why must you leave again?"

Kate sighed, giving a brave smile to her daughter. "Because there are some bad things going on somewhere and we here are kind of like a police, trying to make sure little children like you and their families can live safely and happily." she answered. "If something bad ever happened here to you and Mummy and Daddy and Robbie, you'd like it if someone else came and helped us all, right?"

Laurie thought about it for a minute, then nodded. "Right. I'll miss you, Mummy." she said, giving Kate a tight hug around her neck. "When I grow up, I want to help people too."

Kate smiled. "You will, sweetie. You will. For now though, play nice and mind your brother. Love you, you little monsters.." she said affectionately, giving them each another kiss and embrace before having to leave them in the charge of the Kinfolk daycare attendant.

-------------------------

After Veli's first briefing and the chant, Kate anxioiusly waited to hear what Aleksi would say about the earpiece devices. So they were dedicated items... That was a hell of a lot of trouble to go through to allow the Sept to merely.. communicate in a way they had never had need of before. Reluctantly though, she took the earpiece that Veli handed to her, giving it a cautious look. As Veli continued to hand them out to others, Kate turned to Akane and Eion quickly and in a quieter voice, holding up the earpiece. "Just watch what you say over these things.." she warned them. With that, she put hers in her own ear, stiffling a shudder at using something so.. unnatural.

Following the order, Kate immediately started shifting into her Lupus form, her wolf form. The scabbard and harness she had worn had been specially designed just for this purpose, fititng just as well in any of her forms. Her sword and shield were not dedicated and so did not shift with her but her surprisingly large wolf form bore the weight of the items well enough. Still, it might have been comical, had it not been deadly serious, should a human see a large wolf with a shield and a sword strapped to them. That was the price though of using her Lupus form for this. There was no other choice and it wouldn't be only her that had items or weapons that weren't or couldn't be dedicated to the wearer. They would most definitely have to stick to uninhabited areas for this trek.

Her bright emerald eyes flowed over everyone, stopping on Eion yet again, noting that his colourations.. his shape even.. were distinctly still similar to her own. With a shake of her head to regain focus, she turned back to Veli and Aleksi, following them as they began to move out.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

Akane had a rather okey evening. After hte party went through the force of it's swing and eventually turned to people scattering to their places of rest, Akane returned to her little corner of heaven and calmly laid down without moving and went for a nap. By the time the mornign rolled out she had been rested so she went out and washed, returning just in time to catch the whole fiasco with the messenger douche woman who handed over some earpieces. As a Glass Walker, Akane was not pleased with this. There was no need to trust tech given to them by external sources, be they a so proclaimed king of the Garou Nation.

As they were preparing to head out, Akane took her earpiece, looked at it once more and a thought passed through her mind to shatter the thing right now, but she controlled that urge." Might as well be careful with those indeed... Keep this in mind devices like this work through a network. You do not need to have something spiritual attached to this earpiece to track or listen to what's going on in the network." She explained." It's completely possible and rather it's almost certain that from whereever these things come, they are already listening to the conversations. Highly possible that they might be tracked too and all that without the aid of any garou gifts or spirits bound to them." She added.

Then she started her own shifting to lupus form. Soon enough a big white wolf was standing in her place with a big polearm attached to her. Thus she started following with the rest. This task was iffy to say the least and she had the feeling something was up to happen. Purging a city... chances were good not all of them will return after this.