Elder Vampire
Clan: Lasombra
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Bagheera
SM Chapter: Dark Angels
Sabbat Clan: Ravnos Antitribu

Re: Battletech 3049 : Falcon's Stoop

Post by Ghaz »

Kaden woke up still feeling odd but he could tell he was extremely better then how he use to be when he first got injured. Kaden looked at Hazen wondering how things would be if he hadn't gotten in the way but he swiftly came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be in his best interest. Kaden wanted to ask Hazen how bad his injuries were and what happened after he passed out. Soon the door opened and Kaden realized it was the Star Captain that entered the room and thought 'Well aren't I popular.'

He listened to them talk before he realized that the Star Captain's attention was on him and she was now asking him questions. He listened to her intently but when he heard that the sniper's name was Ansel his eyes got slightly bigger like he remembered who he was. Kaden began thinking so he really did make it when he ran when he left me behind. When she asked him if he was from the same mercenary unit as Ansel he stayed quiet before saying "Yes I was apart of them." When she told him that he gave up the names that were in his squad he didn't know what to think but when she asked him if he was the Lance Commander all Kaden could do was say "Yes." When she asked if Ansel had no love for him he quickly answered "Ansel always had an attitude problem and he always tried something as if we were rivals even though I was his Lance Commander." When she told him that Ansel said he ran to save himself he stayed quiet before saying "Yes he abandoned us there when we were given a direct order to hold that position against any attacker ..... When he ran it just proved that he was a coward and that death in combat was to good for him." Kaden held a lot of anger towards Ansel because of him abandoning him when he could have used him to help hold off the enemy.

Kaden waited a moment so his anger could pass before saying "My unit was stationed on the planet anywhere about 80km or so south of the original meeting we had ..... we also had some LosTech at our staging area." He looks at the Star Commander then to the Star Captain before saying "I happy to help you all anyway I can but I will not go back to helping the Arcadian's because they are not honorable like you all have been and Ansel proves it."
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Karina listened to the new bondsman answer her questions. Though she was keenly interested, she kept her face expressionless as was proper for a Jade Falcon officer. It would do no good to display her emotions in front of one whose loyalties were still to be seen. Truth be told, she kept her walls up at most times, letting only a select few see the true Karina, Remiel being one of those few. The rest of her command were subordinates, Remiel though was a friend. She glanced at the Star Commander a few times as the bondsman spoke, silently asking for Remiel's confidence in his bondsman's sincerity. Judging, herself, she thought this Kaden was telling the truth as he saw it but she welcomed a trusted second opinion, as Remiel had spent far more time with the captured Inner Sphere warrior than she had.

Her eyes turned back sharply to Kaden when he spoke that the coward from his unit did not deserve death in combat. She frowned slightly at that. She would never have expected such a clan-like attitude from someone from the Inner Sphere. "He deserved the fate he will receive. His execution has been set for tomorrow morning." she informed the others. Executions among the clans was rare. Most often, a guilty party would be allowed a chance to prove their actions right or kill themselves if the dishonour was too great... but this Inner Sphere coward did not deserve anything else. For a warrior, to die standing, and even better, facing the enemy, was all important. This Ansel would be denied even that, just as he had denied all of his victims a proper death.

She was about to turn to Hazen when Kaden continued to speak. She frowned again, deeper this time. "LosTech? Are you certain?" she asked intently. It was rare to find LosTech.. incredibly so... but to have an Inner Sphere warrior volunteer the location of the valuable items... it was unheard of. A part of her was suspicious but any chance to wrest LosTech from enemy hands to the benefit of the Clan... It was worth investigating at the very least. She cocked her head. "You are a bondsman now, Kaden. You are duty bound to your Bondholder. Your former life with the Arcadians is over whether you would choose that or not." she said, somewhat confused at why the man thought it was his decision not to go back. He had lost to them, to Hazen, and now Kaden was a part of Jade Falcon in any way his Bondholder deemed needed. "Give us a moment, Bondsman."

She raised her chin, sending a look at her Star Commander as she gestured with her head for him to follow her just outside the room. She lowered her voice as she spoke, more informally as it was just the two of them. "Remiel, do you believe what he says about the LosTech?" she asked curiously. "If what he says is true.. it could be a major boon for the scientist caste... But it could easily be an ambush as well... Tell me, truthfully, what you think of your bondsman." she ordered. If true, Bondsman Kaden's contribution to the clan would.. be above and beyond what was required of him. It perhaps might be enough that the man could one day be freed from bond even...
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren
Garou Tribe: Get of Fenris
Fera Tribes: Simba
SM Chapter: Blood Angels

Post by Veli Alvar »

There was a sense of relief, almost sadistic in nature, as Remiel heard about Ansels execution. The Star Commander would make it a point to be front and center when such an event took place so he can take utter pleasure in the execution of such a cowardly piece of Freeborn trash. Noble Clansmen had died to his dishonourable tactics and for that there could never be any remorse. If they asked Remiel, he thinks they are still too easy on him.

`LosTech?!` Remiel thought to himself, careful not to blurt it out and interrupt his superior. He raised an eyebrow slightly, not showing his surprised expression completely but enough that even the the most dim of souls could see he was at the very least mildly intrigued. In truth, this was potentially one of the greatest things to ever come out of this whole ordeal with his bondsman. Not only would it be recognized that his own bondsman was the one to lead the clan to LosTech, Kaden would also gain the utmost of respect from the clan were it to be true. Remiel nodded along as the two spoke, catching Karina's glances, almost sure that she must be feeling the same say as him.

Remiel gave a slight shrug and short chuckle as his Star Captain corrected Kaden, reminding him that he was duty-bound to comply with orders, not simply 'helping' out of sheer will. What was to be expected anyway? As great of a warrior that he was, Kaden was still an Inner Sphere Freeborn, unaware of any of the nuances involved with Clan affairs. With Karina's gesture, Remiel followed just behind her as he she led him outside of the room.

`I sense no lies in his words, Star Captain.` he said respectfully, choosing not to break formalities even when alone, such was Remiel Hazen's way. Karina was indeed a friend, the closest out of anybody he has known, though he still chose the strict clan way of addressing her by rank; he didn't want to get too comfortable calling her by her first name informally. `In the time I have spent with him,` Remiel started, shooting a short glance to the room before he returned his gaze to Karina. `His words seem accurate. Let us not forget that he did take a bullet that might just have taken me out of commission, Star Captain. Listen to his tone as he talks about his previous comrades as well. Disdain, almost disgust. Even if there is a the chance of an ambush, I would gladly take that risk for some LosTech. The rest is up to you, Star Captain, for you make the orders. If it turns out he is a liar,` he said, bringing his left hand up to his temple, gesturing as if he was holding a gun. `I will personally end him for good.`
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Karina nodded at her subordinate's answer. It was what she had expected but it was difficult to tell; deception was an aspect that was foreign to most clan warriors... even to most clansmen in general. She pursed her lips and nodded again as Remiel reminded her that the man in the hospital bed had taken a bullet for her Star Commander. It might have been dumb luck that he had been hit but still.. he had warned them. She raised an eyebrow. "Yes, he talks of his former comrade with disdain but that is only to be expected of one who would run from honour able combat, quiaff?" she replied. "Run from combat and then having shot you as well... But yes, Bondsman Kaden seems to want to gravitate closer to the ideals of the Clans than to his Inner Sphere... I would not expect something like this from any Inner Sphere warrior... and that makes me cautious." She gave a very brief, slight smile. "A fault of mine, perhaps, being overly cautious at times.." she added.

Karina was not one who was overly cautious or wary, merely enough as the circumstances dictated that it had benefited her career thus far. The majority of clansmen bordered on rash. Karina was merely more... tactical than the average. She sighed. "You are right, Remiel. The chance at LosTech.. and keeping it from the hands of the Sphereoids, is more than worth it." She smiled again. "Besides, if it is an ambush, we will be ready for that eventuality too."

She nodded again as her commander stated what would happen if Kaden was lying. "As is your responsibility." she said, gesturing for Remiel to follow her back into the room and stopped before the bed that Kaden occupied. "How is your head, bondsman?" she asked. "Are you well enough for a ride inside a 'Mech tomorrow?" she asked. She could see Kaden jerk in surprise, probably thinking she meant for him to pilot. "After the execution tomorrow, we are going after that LosTech. You will ride with Star Commander Hazen, so he can keep close watch on you should your words prove untrue." she stated. Remiel's Mad Dog's cockpit wasn't big, like most 'Mechs, but another person could fit in behind the command chair in the cramped quarters. And on the other hand, if Kaden's words did prove true.. well, perhaps the bondsman would once again know the thrill of piloting a 'Mech.
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire
Fera Tribes: Bagheera
SM Chapter: Dark Angels
Sabbat Clan: Ravnos Antitribu

Post by Ghaz »

Kaden nodded to the star Captain when she told him to give them a moment. While he watched them leave the room he didn't know what to think since he didn't know what was going to happen next but he still couldn't believe someone he knew would be so dishonorable and soon began to wonder if him dealing with all the pain that put him here was worth it. Kaden began to wonder if joining up with the Arcadians was worth all the trouble he is dealing with know but soon realized how pointless it was to think about the past since he knew he couldn't do anything to change it so might as well look forward.

He began to wonder if they were going to have anymore questions for him but he came to the conclusion that he was with these people now might as well help out wherever he can. Kaden looked backed at the door when it opened staring at the Star Captain and listened to her questions saying "Better just a small headache." When she asked if he was well enough to ride he was caught a bit off guard and thought 'She wants me to ride in a mech?' He answered "I should be well enough." He continued to listen to her words before saying "That wont be a problem." Kaden began to think about how the execution was going to go and wondered what the prisoner was thinking right now.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

`Perhaps, Star Captain, though you should remember a lot of these Inner Sphere.. 'warriors' are particularly stupid and may not see these pathetic acts as dishonourable. We have fought many Inner Sphere persons and they are not all of the honourable kind.` Remiel said, replying to his superior. It is true that Kaden had a lot of reason to despise the cheap-shot who took out several of his Clansmen though he had to remind Karina that not all Inner Sphere warriors would react like Kaden. Truly, just the simple fact that Kaden saw his own comrades actions as dishonourable spoke much to his character. The Inner Sphere were dirty and a lot of them would not be opposed to these tactics. What is honour worth when you have several Clansmen dead? The means justified the ends to them.

Jade Falcon will never recover the dead whom perished at the hands of that coward and the Inner Sphere would be more than happy to know that the pathetic rat decomissioned a handful of Clan officers. This war was dirty and although the Clan way called for more honourable tactics, frankly, the Inner Sphere was made up of lineages of cowards and weaklings. Tomorrow would be a fantastic day, for the coward would face his just desserts. Remiel just wished he could inflict his own personal punishment against the dishonourable rat. Even cutting the very face off of the fool would be a fate much too good for him. Remiel nodded as he followed Karina back into the room.

With the mention of his bondsman riding with him, Remiel could not complain. If this was an ambush tactic then Kaden would perish along with Remiel in his MAd Dog. If it wasn't, then all the better; he had Kaden personally in his cockpit, feeding him directions. This LosTech would prove to be extremely beneficial to the entire Clan and Remiel was hungry to be the one to discover it. He was already blooded and established among the Jade Falcon but he needed more, Remiel was not satisfied as just Star Commander. The end goal was reaching a level where he could be even the Khan himself. Quite the dream, surely, but not entirely out of reach. `We shall see you tomorrow then, Star Captain. I will take this time to train, get my body and mind at its peak state. If there truly is LosTech out here for us, I shall not fail you Star Captain.` Remiel said, saluting his superior.
Veli Alvars tattoos: :ahroun: (left shoulder) :fenris: (left bicep) :nerigal: (right shoulder) :alpha: (right bicep)
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Karina nodded with a sigh. "I know the reports of the forward scouts told of this... but I had hoped, in three hundred years, perhaps the people of the Inner Sphere had evolved beyond what led Alexandr Kerensky to leave. I am disappointed to find out they have not." She paused to shake her head. "It is unfortunate that they have not... but I suppose that is why we must return and show them the way to a new Golden Era, quiaff?"

She looked back into the hospital room, towards Kaden. "Still, I suppose we may find some who understand the concept of honour... however rare they may be. It seems perhaps you have a good eye for finding the diamond in the rough, Remiel." The Star Commander's find, if tomorrow went according to plan, would in the long run only benefit her command and Karina was one to share the glory with those who deserved it. She turned back to her subordinate with a nod in reply to his vow and salute. "I know you will not, Star Commander. And while you train, I must go and see the Techs and make sure they have all of our 'Mechs ready for tomorrow.." The Techs that were assigned to her unit were hard workers and highly skilled in what they did but, before she had found out about the LosTech, had given them much more time to finish the repairs from the previous battles. They never liked having their schedules changed on the fly but she would make sure they adhered to it. "Tomorrow then." she concluded, giving an informal dismissal.

--------------------------------------
NEXT DAY - morning

Karina stood outside at attention, with her full command standing together, surrounded by warriors of the other trinaries of the 8th Falcon Regulars who were currently on-planet, and the people of the town where the cowardly ambush had occurred. The air was biting in the early morning, the rising sun had yet to truly impart much of its radiant heat on this glacial hellhole, not that it seemed it was ever warm on the planet of Anywhere. It might has well have been called Iceball as far as Karina figured. While they were waiting on the commanders of the Cluster to arrive with the prisoner to be executed, she took a moment to glance around at her warriors. Though they all stood together, she could see the holes. The few that she had lost, both in the batchall for the planet and later in the cowardly sniper attack, stood out to her. Those would have to be replaced soon. After today, she would have time to put in requests for new warriors. A new face, though, stood among her warriors: Kaden, the bondsman. She studied him as they stood. Remiel Hazen was to her right and Kaden only just on the other side.

The man seemed eager for the reason for the gathering, which only lent more credence to his claims that this Ansel had betrayed him. Unlike many clansmen, Karina began to imagine other possible paths. Many of her fellows were very close-minded but it had been her willingness to look at the larger picture that had been one of the things that set her apart and allowed her to rise above the average warrior. She had one of the few commands that openly accepted Freeborn warriors, though only a few she had judged worthy enough to compliment her command. With how Kaden had fought.. Had he been a Trueborn warrior, he would already have had his bondcord cut and been accepted into the unit as a warrior once more. Time would tell how things would turn out but it seemed as if this was the path they were all already treading.

Looking away now, she caught Hazen's eye, gesturing him to approach and repeating the same gesture to her other Star Commander, Benedikt Calbot. Once they were close, she spoke, keeping her voice low so that other unit commanders would not hear. "As soon as the execution is complete, I want the whole Trinary back at the hanger, ready to mount up, understood?" she asked the two. "We will depart as quickly as possible, before any of the others get the bright idea to begin to search for anything of value." While much of her eagerness to head out was for the reason she had stated, to make sure they got there first, she had to admit some of it was to be in her 'Mech once more and out of this terrible, invasive cold. Her 'Mech's fusion engine would quickly banish any chill. She had thought that the cold of Ironhold was worse than this place; she had been wrong.
Veli Alvar
Adren
Adren

Post by Veli Alvar »

As unaccustomed to the biting cold, or even moreso than the others, Remiel stood at attention by his superior Karina, using every last bit of his willpower to resist shivering and clattering his teeth; such a thing would portrary weakness, he thought. Perhaps the excitement at the thought of seeing the cowardly Inner Sphere scum also kept his mind off of the cold. Whatever was the case, the Star Commander was ready to get this over and done with already.

Remiel looked around, catching glimpses of the other trinaries aof the 8th Falcon. Indeed, the absence of those dispatched by the damned coward could be felt and even the vibe itself of the remaining members spoke volumes. Sometimes Remiel thought about foregoing honour and integrity when fighting the undisciplined Inner Sphere parasites; if the enemy did not follow the same codes of honour as he did then why would he do so against them? Then of course he realized that he was of Clan Jade Falcon and was therefore above such displays of sheer ignorance. The victory was always better when won knowing that you had followed your disciplined codes of action, in spite of the enemy acting reckless and below honourable standards.

In spite of all of that, Remiel could see that not all Inner Sphere warriors were not cut of the same pathetic cloth. Kaden, his bondsman, seemed to follow a code of honour and values much closer to the Clans than he would even care to admit. The fact that even he was eager to witness the cowards demise was testament to this as well. Perhaps it was soon time to allow Kaden to return to his warrior duties; only time would tell, should he prove himself worthy enough of it.

Karina caught Remiels attention as he nodded slightly and approached her, listening to what she had to say. `Yes, Star Captain.` Remiel replied sternly with a quick nod. He would be a fool to not take advantage of this search for LosTech they were about to take on, as soon as was possible. `I will go about our agreed search as soon as is possible. I will be damned to let anybody else find what we are looking for. That LosTech is ours.`
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Karina returned a short, sharp nod each of her answering Star Commanders. She gestured to Star Commander Alois Icaza to approach as well. "Star Commander Icaza, after this we will depart. I have left orders with the Techs that your Elementals shall be configured with short range configurations. Flamers, machine guns, and AC-10's. You will be riding on our mechs, standard assignments." she said. They had done this often enough, whether in combat or practice. Her trinary was a smoothly oiled machine. She turned back to Remiel as the other Star Commanders moved off to pass on the orders to their own Stars, a hint of a smile playing at the edge of her hard lips. "I do not doubt that for a second." she replied, knowing he was very likely right. They had access to information that.. hopefully nobody else had.

She clenched her prosthetic hand a few times. It was slow in responding, perhaps not perceptible to others but just enough for her to notice. The cold... Damn the cold. The myomer and metal replacement that went halfway up her forearm did not have a blood supply to keep it even marginally warm as did her other, natural hand. Voices began to rise around her and so Karina turned to see the prisoner being led out onto a low platform before the gathered warriors. Warriors whose voices rose up in disdain for the cowardly attack. It was beyond the thinking of a Clansmen to even contemplate attacking in such a manner. Almost. Except that that was the evils that had caused Aleksander Kerensky to leave the Inner Sphere so long ago.

She watched the man being prodded to keep moving, and as he fell to a knee in obvious pain, the warrior escorting him was not gentle getting him moving again. The coward did not deserve pity. They would have tortured the man overnight, trying to make sure that he had acted alone, if there was any more of a threat or guerrilla defence in place on the planet. When they reached the centre of the platform, the man was stopped and made to face the assembly. He was now wearing a drab one-piece jumper, stained around the crotch.. likely from the interrogations. His face was red and his eyes bloodshot as he cried and screamed and fought as two warriors held him in place. He couldn't even go to his death with dignity.

The warriors gathered had as much mercy as this icy planet did. It wasn't until Star Colonel Brikai Buhallin stepped forward that they quieted, leaving the prisoner's screams to be carried off by the sharp wind. He waited a moment, until he was sure that all attention was focused though that hadn't been necessary really. "There is a code among Warriors, a code to seek worthy combat, to prove ones worth and protect their own within the confines of honour. We, the Jade Falcon Clan, took this world by fair and rightful combat, even if our Batchall was ignored. We do not kill the innocent, those who are not warriors in combat, or simply for entertainment. We are not monsters. We are Warriors. We are Clan." the man spoke. His deep voice defied the harsh winds, carrying to all the Jade Falcon warriors assembled. Buhallin was not only known for his skill piloting a mech but for his skill with words, true but strong. Had it only been Clansmen, the deed would likely have been carried out quickly and quietly but the words today were meant for the townsfolk who gathered behind the Warriors.

"The leaders of this planet ceded our victory and our right of isorla of this planet all that it contains and yet.. yet this one man.. if he can even be called that, could not accept what was and took it upon himself to attack in the most cowardly and dishonourable manner possible." he stated with disdain, with anger. His command was now stained with the blood of the fallen and the only way to purge it was what they were here for today. "To prevent any further such displays, we must end this here and now. Justice must be carried out for blood shed outside of combat." he explained, stepping aside and motioning for his subordinate, Star Captain Sevastian, to move forward. Sevastian carried a small laser pistol and stopped, putting it to the front of the prisoner's forehead. There was a brief sound and flare of light and then the prisoner went limp. As the weapon drew away, smoke poured out of a small hole the laser had drilled in the man's skull only to be whisked away by the wind. The two warriors holding the body released it, letting it drop to the platform with a thud. "Let all know that Justice has been carried out this day." Buhallin ended.

"Seyla!" Karina called out, along with every other Jade Falcon warrior, concluding the gathering with the ceremonial word. She turned then to her own warriors and nodded. It was time.

Few hours later - 8th Falcon Mechbay

The Mechbay was noisy chaos with clanking, drilling, sawing and shouts echoing inside the metal walls at a near painful level. Karina sometimes wondered how the Techs kept any sense of hearing after spending their days in this environment. The Mechbay they now occupied had once belonged to the planetary defence unit but now it was theirs. And thankfully, it provided enough protection from the elements as well. Through a breeze could be felt at times, the warmth of fusion engines and other equipment kept the building nearly as warm as a sauna. It was just as well that Karina wore only her cooling suit, consisting of a vest and shorts. She stopped at the foot of her mech, a towering Ebon Jaguar. Beautiful, she thought to herself, as her personal Tech went over the state of her ride. It had taken a lot to get it and she loved it. She and her Mech were one in combat and she hungered to get back to that. Waving off the Tech, she made her way to the howdah, the lift up to the gantry that ran the length of the bay, behind each mech.

Once up there, she keyed in the command at the back hatch, opening it up and crawling inside her Ebon Jaguar. She closed up the hatch and slipped into her command seat, feeling all the familiar lumps and shapes. She ran a quick checklist of everything before she plugged a cord into her cooling vest. Almost instantly, the coolant began to run through it, sending a chill through her. It nearly felt as if she had jumped into water on this planet of Anywhere without clothes on. She was shivering but she knew that soon, it would warm up enough that she would be grateful for the cooling suit.

Most mechwarriors would need to put on their neurohelmets at this point but not Karina. She had been fortunate.. and had a good enough reputation and rank to be able to get Enhanced Imaging Neural Implants, appearing in the shape of a falcon in flight in light green across her face. Not every warrior, even had they the chance to get the implants did; some thought it was risky or not worth it but Karina had found the better response time in her Mech more than worth it. Leaning forward, she keyed in the commands to start up her mech, feeling the fusion engine throb to life beneath the cockpit. Almost instantly, she felt the computer connect with her implants as well, almost expanding her own senses. The Ebon Jaguar felt nearly a part of her own body.

Checking to make sure the way was clear, she gripped the controls and slowly moved the mech out of its gantry then turning it to the right and headed for the big Mechbay doors, feeling the powerful thuds of the mech's footfalls shudder up through its structure, a terrible metal giant come to lay waste of any enemies it could find. She urged the speed up, wanting to get off the harder ground of the bay. The snow and ice would cushion the steps. Outside, her command would collect, get a brief few moments to move around their mechs and then, once all her Star Commanders reported in, would be the time to issue orders.

( Ok, Deon, I'm not sure how you wanted your star composed (like what mechs) so I made up something, feel free to change it if you want. I killed off Kevin from your unit cause I think I remember you saying it was him that you didn't like the name of? http://elysium.raptorred.com/forum/view ... =100&t=569 Also, we will be travelling as a whole Trinary though spread out a fair bit just to be safe. Certain mechs will carry an Elemental. Of the 4 remaining elementals we have, I'll probably carry their Star Commander on my mech, one will be on Vilim of Mix Star's mech... and the rest depends on your star. If you leave yours as is, one can be on Caliban from your star, and the last one Liliana from my command star. If not, we will have to figure it out depending on the weight and type of mechs. Tell me how you want to do this. Karina wants to split up the Elementals like this just in case, whoever comes across the place we are looking for can send in an elemental to deal with any infantry or unarmoured people as need be.

Josh, you are riding in Deon's mech, sitting behind his command seat. It's going to be tight and cramped, and it will be hot in there once the engine has been running for a bit. XD )