Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Rebel with a Cause - Anarchs

Post by Keira Kelly »

As they drove, Marni wondered curiously at what reading Vanessa could supply her with about vampires. Did they write things down? Wouldn't that be a good way to get caught by mistake? Added to that, it seemed almost odd, now that she thought about it, for immortal creatures to care about writing down a history when they were able to live THROUGH history, being well able to simply pass on the knowledge to the newer members through words based on first or second hand knowledge. Even so though, she was definitely keen to learn more, be it from Vanessa, books or even someone else. She wanted to learn all that she could so that she could get an idea of her place in this screwed up world that she just found herself in.

While interested, her mood seemed just a bit depressed, her mind being on what was to happen tomorrow. She forced herself to nod. "Some information about the Toreador will be interesting." she said. She forced herself to offer a small, sincere smile but only for a second. "I do want to learn more.. I'm just.. worried about tomorrow night.." she admitted. She glanced out the window at the rain at Vanessa's comment. "It works for a bath.. but it's not nearly as pleasant..."

Finally arriving back at the bar, Marni followed the Brujah in through the rear entry and out of the rain, carrying her bag full of weapons. Marni yet again, ran a hand through her short hair to try to dislodge some of the water. As they came in, one of Vanessa's.. servants? thralls? greeted them. Marni still felt a little awkward around those two, not only just for having.. FED from both of them but at how much they enjoyed it, swooned over it even. Here Marni was, some monster that drank their blood... and they loved it, treating her almost like a lover or something. It was... creepy in a way. Not to mention that those two were Vanessa's.. In some ways, kind of her property? It almost felt like a trespass to feed from them, but what choice did Marni have? She would have to find someone of her own at some point, she realized, someone she could rely on for blood. She felt guilty even at the idea but... well, they seemed to enjoy it and Marni needed it to live, to keep herself under control.

Maybe.. maybe she could find Craig and do with him what Vanessa was doing with these two. They were human but they knew what Vanessa and Marni were and suffered no repercussions over it. Why couldn't Marni do that with Craig? Besides, finding out that she was still alive, he would want to help her.. even in that way. She wouldn't have to feel guilty over it with him because she knew he would choose to help her of his own free will and not because of addiction to vampire feedings. After tomorrow, then... after all of the plan which would likely take a couple of nights to finish... after that, she would seek out Craig then for this very reason. Well, for multiple reasons.

While having only giving passing notice to Jim and Veta's banter, Marni brought her concentration back as Vanessa mentioned her new room. She followed the Brujah to what had been a storeroom yesterday, the tight crowded one that Marni had had to sleep in during the day. The door was opened now, lights turned on and Marni took in the stark changes with a surprised look. She had been expecting what... a cheap bed and that was about it.... What she found though was.. a bedroom, something that looked like it was meant to be at least somewhat permanent! Not only a bed, but a dresser, desk and.. electronics! As Vanessa went in and put the bag of purchased clothing from earlier on the bed, Marni followed, looking around, still in surprise. She slowly lowered her gun bag to the ground.

Of course, lacking any sort of personal decorations or knickknacks, it had something of a utilitarian feel, not the kind of environment that Marni had once been used to, but considering she had spent the last seven months either confined in what was essentially a jail cell or whatever hole she could find out on the streets, this place was magnificent in comparison. "I... I..... It's great, Vanessa. I can't thank you enough..." Marni answered sincerely. She turned finally to look at Vanessa and shook her head about the shower. "Well, like you said.. the way we are now, don't need to shower all that often anyways, right?" She turned back to look once more around the small room. "This is more than I could have ever expected!"

She turned back with a questioning look that she didn't voice. Toiletries? What could be needed? She had lived for seven months without anything of the like. No toothbrush, no hair brush.. which in her case wasn't a big necessity. Her hair didn't seem to grow now and with it being short, it was always pretty manageable. She couldn't really fathom what she might need. And for a second she was about to object to taking a shower but then.. then she really thought about it. It would be nice to feel warm water again at the least. She nodded, a smile growing on her face at the thought of a nice, hot shower then.

What Vanessa asked next caught Marni by surprise. The courses of guilt and awkward feelings ran through Marni at the thought of feeding from one of those kids again but.. deep down, she wanted it, needed it and she found herself nodding before she had even made the decision. Wait, before or after? She wanted that blood... but... it wasn't an overpowering need or hunger. She could wait a little bit. "After, please." she said meekly, still feeling weird about it. "And even though it seems to be about all I say to you, thank you again." she added before Vanessa headed out and Marni, taking the bag of new clothes, made for her mentor's empty bathroom down the hall off the office.

Locking the bathroom door behind her, she paused to look around. Oddly, sitting on the edge of the counter was a pile of towels, a brush, shampoo, soap and a toothbrush along with a small card with Marni's name on it, in somewhat sloppy handwriting. While she hadn't thought she needed these things, she found that she was glad to have them now, though still a bit confused about the toothbrush. With a mental shrug, she turned to the shower, turning it on, nice and hot and proceeded to get out of the clothes she had had on for seven damned months. It almost felt like peeling away memories of a nightmare life. The clothes, while looking.. presentable enough.. sort of, looked better than they felt. The dark colours had hid the blood that was caked into the material but, she realized now how uncomfortable it had been. The only washings she had had since of the clothes to try to get out the blood and mud were the rain storms and dirty puddles while standing too near the road as a vehicle passed by. Getting these things off now.. felt like a new start, a shedding of her old skin in a way.

Stepping into the water now, she nearly gasped at the heat of it. It wasn't that it was too hot and burning her, not nearly that... but what surprised her was the WARMTH. The warmth that was seeping into her cold, dead flesh now, reminding her of what her body had felt like when it had had its own inner warmth. She hadn't really realized how much she missed that, how different a vampiric body felt to live in compared to a live human one. Suddenly, she beat one fist against the tiled wall, her head sinking to meet her arm against the wall and she stood there in self-pity. She was still in the process of realizing everything that had been taken from her that one night. Not only her metaphoric life but the very life of her own body had been taken away just on someone else's whims, for reasons that she would probably never get an answer for now. While, at least, she had Vanessa to help her step up from rock bottom now and begin to.. find some new meaning to her new life, it would take time to grieve all that she had lost still. Finally, she forced herself into carrying on with the actual shower, trying not to think of that anymore, trying not to think of tomorrow night and just concentrate on the unexpected joy of the hot shower instead.

After she was finished, she dried herself off with the towels that had been provided and then began digging in the bag of clothing for the new things she had chosen. A nice, dark red t-shirt, black denim jeans, the leather boots and the black denim vest made up the outfit. She had left the leather coat she had also picked up and worn out of the store back in her new room, figuring it was a little too heavy for indoor use. Dressed now, she did a final brush of her hair. Hair this short didn't take long to dry and was already partly so as she packed up her old clothes in one arm, the bag with the rest of the new clothes in the other along with the towels and other toiletries that had been left for her shoved in as well and headed back to her new room.

Once inside, she moved over to the dresser, opening up one of the drawers and began to stash her new clothes inside. Her old ones, she left on the chair in the room, not necessarily wanting to get rid of them but.. not wanting to add them to the dresser in the state they were in either. She'd have to figure out something to do with them. The rest of the toiletries she left on the desk for now and hung up the now-wet towers over the back of the chair. Suddenly there was a knock on the open door behind her. Marni turned to see Jim standing there.

"Van said you'd be requiring me." he said almost submissively.

Marni almost objected at that, almost said no. Almost. She tilted her head slightly, arching one eyebrow. "If it's all right with you..."

Jim looking up sharply in surprise. "What? Of course." he answered immediately, showing the anxiousness.

Marni sighed and gestured with a finger. "Come in then, shut the door. Wouldn't do to have a customer get lost and wander by then." she said, waiting till Jim had done as she asked. She gestured to the edge of the bed, sitting down herself there. She wanted to ask him some questions, now that she had him alone for the moment. "You're really okay with having your blood.. be... drunk? Being fed on?" she asked doubtfully as he sat down beside her.

Jim shrugged. "It was.. odd at first, the idea of it I mean but.. Vanessa is a good person. We are glad to be able to help her as much as she helped us." he answered. "And I can't say I don't like it now that I've gotten used to it." His brow furrowed for a second as he tried to figure out how to word something. "Van says that when she feeds from us, it's.. pleasurable. Intoxicating. Same for you?" he asked, waiting until Marni reluctantly nodded. "It's the same to be fed on, maybe better." he explained.

Marni frowned. "I just don't want to be taking advantage..."

"You're not." Jim cut her off. "You are Van's friend and we are both getting something out of it, right?" Without even waiting for an answer, he leaned forward, tilting his head to one side, offering his neck.

Marni sat there for a long moment, staring at the tiny pulse beneath his skin, seeing it beat, missing that from her own body. Wanting that blood that the pump was pumping there before her. That was being offered to her. Ah, hell with it. She leaned into it, her fangs descending and she bit, carefully, in absolute control for probably the first time since she had become a vampire. She drank the hot blood, feeling the warmth and life of it as she fed but being careful not to take too much. After a few moments, she pulled back, sealing the wound before she did so and then licking her lips to gather any lack traces of the sweet, red ambrosia, almost lost in the taste of it. When she opened her eyes again, she could see that Jim had not been lying. He definitely had been enjoying being fed from and his disappointed sigh when she had withdrawn hadn't been missed by Marni.

She stood, feeling uncomfortable again. "Thank you, Jim." she said, feeling the need to be grateful. Jim seemed a little bit in a stupor, almost as if he had been given a light recreational drug or something, what seemed to be a remnant of a vampiric feeding when the victim wasn't killed or drained too much, she had noticed. "I'm.. going to go and find Vanessa now.. Take what time you need.. here." she added, not wanting to force him away before he had been able to fully recover his senses.

With that, she turned, heading out to go and find Vanessa. She found the Brujah at the bar. At this time of night, the bar was starting to clear out.. a bit so Marni was able to find a bar stool as she sat and waited for Van to finish with one particular customer who didn't want to accept getting cut off for the night.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

While Marni was dealing with the joys of having a proper home and actual ammenities to live with, a thing that MOST brujah had dealt with in their lives as well. It wasn't without reason for some of the nicknames the Clan Brujah had in the recent centuries. While she had a great headstart with her own sire, it didn't mean she didn't end up on the streets a few times while on her own for tasks or the like. In any case, it was good she'd be able to provide Marni with salvation from that life, especially give nteh fact if she had continued to be on her own, she'd have ended up on the bad side of one of the many forces in this city eventually. Hell worst case scenario might have even be inducted into the Sabbat without much choice in the matter. Luckily that didn't come to pass.

She rested a hand on Veta's shoulder and told her to go sit down on one of the big stools by the bar as she herself as the owner took to work with the rest of the staff. Honestly it wasn't a bad thing, she enjoyed the regular day to day activity of the bar. The noise of life, seeing the people in her own little domain of the city. Time was passing however as she had to start reminding people to get going. Marni was probably about to finish her shower any moment now. Soon she was informed by the staff that htey noticed Marni returning to her room while htey were preparing for closure and moving stock about. For that reason she quickly asked Jim to get going. He was rather happy with it and scurried off, while she looked at Veta instead." You can go wait for me in my room, I will be over soon." Vanessa informed the younger woman. The kine's eyes basically were shining as she bolted right over, vanishing from her spot like a gust of wind. The brujah ahd to wonder if Veta had learned celerity somehow... not really, but it was a fairly impressive feat of athletics for a human!

The bar was proceeding to get ever more empty with each passing minute as the patrons were paying their last bills and headed out.. into the storm to each head over to where he came from." Looking good, Marni." Vanessa complimented the woman as she arrived. Kindred didn't require many baths, but after that long without one, getting one did show a difference. With that said she returned to the annoying drunk who was refusing to leave. He was basically barely conscious that drunk he was. His friends had left and he continued to drink a while ago now he was too wasted to do anything. Not a first time, it's been getting a habbit. She was considering banning him from the bar. In any case she pulled his phone, called a cab, called his wife, told her the situation and that she's sending him via the taxi and to expect him shortly and when the car finally arrived she gave a few bucks to the driver, told him to bring the man to his home and they separated safely. She closed the bar's door behind herself. The rest of her staff would deal with the rest of hte security as some of them were going to leave for the night soon.

"So... tonight was rather... eventful night." Van said as she walked over and sat on the table by marni." I know not everything is turning out like you'd like, but I just want you to understand everything before you are eventually learned enough and aware of the things around you to be left to act on your own. Make your own decisions." Vanessa smiled and looked out a nearby window.

"Anyways... ohh yeah... clan weakness. I was going to be showing this to you, weren't I?" She mused and walked over to the bar counter, crouching behind it, rummaging underneath, before she pulled an old somewhat small of a painting." I had this brought over from a nearby museum exibition during the day, I forgot about it though." She smiled and walked back to Marni, still holding the painting that was still in it's frame and all. It was a fancy frame also. It was a real good piece of art. She had it on loan, she wasn't considering buying it. Just pulled a favor. Walking over to the toreador she handed over the painting with the painting itself facing the floor, wanted to see Marni's pure unexpected unadultered reaction.

(Just make it some style that Marni'd enjoy maybe? Vanessa would pull the painting away from her arms after a bit of being entranced, just to experience it.)
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Marni looked down at her hands resting on the bar counter as Vanessa spoke of the reasons for.. the rules. Her own abnormally pale hands that seemed devoid of any veins or marring that might have been there previously. She understood the need to learn, having been out there on her own for the past month on the streets and six before that in a monstrous hell not knowing what she was or what was happening to herself. She could understand now that it wasn't just her own safety that was on the line necessarily too. She could understand all of that. But just as she was having a bit of trouble coming to grips, even still, that these were her hands now, this was her body.. her dead or undead body now, she was also having some trouble with understanding some of the limits being placed on her. Nobody else here knew the people she'd want to reconnect with like she knew them, knew that they would be accepting of what she was now and happy to have her back now that she could control herself. The only reason she hadn't fled there already though was that Vanessa had said that some other vampires might take it upon themselves to.. cut loose cords should Marni reveal herself to those she loved.

She nodded solemnly, still looking at her pale, pale hands. "I understand, Vanessa." She glanced up with her green eyes. "And I appreciate the chance to learn whatever I can. You don't know how much I appreciate it. Being locked up for so long.... with... no clue what was happening... No clue as to what I WAS.. and why I was being driven to kill... Why I had that sort of hunger to the point of losing all control... You can't imagine.. I thought I insane..." she said slowly. "For over half a year, I could only think of myself as an insane monster. So, yeah.. being able to.. understand all I can is... I can't even describe it." she added, with a bit of a sad but sincerely grateful smile.

Before she could get out another 'thanks', Vanessa changed the subject. Marni's face turned from a reflection of tortured memories now to one of serious curiosity, her mouth dropping open in a little 'o', one eyebrow arching up curiously. These clan weakness things that Vanessa had mentioned sounded like something.. very important to know. Marni was both intensely curious but at the same time apprehensive at where this was going to go as Vanessa began to dig for something behind the bar. Finally the other woman pulled out what appeared to be a smallish sized picture frame, holding it upside down so all that Marni could see was the back of it. The frame at least appeared fairly aged but very fancy. Marni's face bunched up in confusion at why Vanessa was carrying it like that but soon it was placed in her own hands. If it was a museum piece, it would have to be something good, not something to hide by carrying it face down... How Vanessa had gotten her hands on a museum piece, Marni didn't know but then again.. this vampire stuff, she reminded herself. Either powers or money from a long life, she guessed.

Slowly, she turned it over, not knowing what to expect of the piece, letting it sit in her hands on the bar counter as she brought it to face herself. Her jaw dropped open as she stared at the piece. It was a scenic painting. The left side showed a number of pine trees which thinned out to a jetty on a beautiful crystal lake. In the distance there were cliffs and mountains, and a amazing heavenly waterfall falling from a high cliff. The light rays coming from a late day sun cut through bilious thunderheads far in the distance, the sun sparkling on the clear, pristine, calm waters of the lake. It was such a beautiful and calm scene as any that Marni had ever seen. She couldn't help but study every little part of it, every tree, rock.. every brush stroke seemed... perfectly placed.... The rest of the world had fallen way and the painting she had was all as she studied it. Even time seemed unimportant as she examined this.. this.. masterpiece.

Suddenly, the painting was ripped from her hands, the angelic scene hidden once again from her view. Marni let out a sound of objection at losing such a beauty. She frowned in confusion and a bit of annoyance. "What did you do that for?" she protested but as she did so, she noticed the clock on the wall. Her frown grew. "Wait.." She glanced at her watched to confirm. "That wasn't five minutes... Was it?" She had actually, almost inadvertently glanced at the time just before she had seen the painting. There was now way that had been five minutes.. it had been.. thirty seconds at most... But the clocks said differently.... It felt like she had lost time and looked over at Vanessa in worried confusion. "What the hell just happened? I was only looking at that... beautiful piece for thirty seconds. How the hell was it five minutes?" she asked. A part of her itched to have that painting again back in her hands, so she could continue looking at it. She fought the urge to jump up and go and get it again.
Well, Im going with something I find beautiful for Marni XD. Gotta say I always loved Keith Parkinson's works.... Just say the painting is this minus Richard and Kahlan in there XD.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Having handed the painting over to Marni to drool over, Van returned to dealing with the things that needed to be done before the bar closes for the night. Most of it would be taken care of by her staff, but she liked to help out now and then. After maybe 5 minutes she decided it was time to snap Marni out of it. She could have easily left her to it a bit more, but it was time for both of them to head in and rest very soon. The brujah walked over ot the Toreador and after a bit of thinking, pulled hte painting off Marni's lil paws and hid the art away, snapping the younger woman out of her trance.

It was honestly adorable looking at a fledgeling toreador who had no idea about their clan weakness after they experience it for the first time. Van had warned Marni yesterday, but the woman didn't seem to have taken said warning to heart about the danger of this specific weakness. Some clan weaknesses were worse than others and more damaging directly while others were just a hindrance. Toreador weakness was in the hindrance category, but it had very real possibilities to exploit.

"And this Marni is the weakness of your clan." She smiled and put the painting away behind the counter again." To you it felt like a mere moment, however I could have left you to it for another 5 minutes... easily half an hour and you might still not have snapped out of it or realize how much time has passed." She smiled with calm and reassuring voice." This is why I warned you about your clan weakness, it's a blessing and a danger. What felt like 30 seconds to you could easily be 5 minutes... half an hour... an hour? More?" Van explained with calm demeanor." This trance is very dangerous if you aren't ready for it and potentionally deadly, since you literally wouldn't even realize what's happening around you."

"Anyways, this is enough for tonight." She smiled." Let's head to bed now. It's almost morning and I'm a bit sleepy. Besides I've left Veta waiting for too long already." Van smiled and headed for the door towards the back of hte bar." You could spend the little time left till morning to check on the internet if you'd wish. You should have internet connection." With that she headed for her own office." Rest well, tomorrow will be a long day."

As she returned to her office, Van saw Veta laying in the bed. The kine girl was extremely defenseless looking right now. She had waited for a while and as usual her entusiasm about this was both fun and a bit overzealous. She smiled and went to the bed, sinking her fangs in the girl's neck, drinking a bit of blood and giving the girl the pleasure she was seeking in return. It was better in a way, before she had met her, Veta had a problem. Now at least she was healthy even if she gave her blood. When she was done, she stuffed a bottle of cola and a candybar into Veta's hands and let her sleep on the bed while she herself laid down next to her. The office had no windows so nowhere for sunlight to enter from anyways.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Marni's brow furrowed as she frowned in confusion, shaking her head. "That wasn't five..." she began to object but then trailed off, beginning to accept that maybe it had been, even though it hadn't felt remotely that long. She longed though to retrieve the painting, to study it more... but she was beginning to realize what a... liability that could be. While she had been looking at it, she had not only not noticed the time slipping by but... she couldn't even remember anything other than the painting from the time she had turned it over. Whatever Vanessa had done in those five minutes, Marni couldn't even guess. Nothing had existed for her save that painting. That.. most definitely could be dangerous. Especially not knowing what might trigger that entrancement.

She sighed, nodding. "Thank you for showing me the.. risks.." she said. She hesitated calling it a weakness though. Yes, it could be risky but at the same time, it had felt so good. It had been the most in depth study she had ever made of a piece of art in her life. She had been lost in beauty. In the right conditions, safe conditions, it was.. amazing, like being in paradise. There was a downside, yes, but there was a hell of an upside and to her, that couldn't be called a weakness. Still, she was glad to know the potential for danger with it too. It was just so odd though to think that she had died, been brought back as... hell, a vampire... and now suddenly she had a new appreciation for art to the point of being enraptured. It made no sense... yet it was what it was.

She ran a hand back through her short hair, laughing to herself at the ridiculousness of it all. All these new rules and limits and powers and.. well, everything. A year ago, had someone told her all of this, she would have thought them lost to lunacy. As Vanessa suggested that it was time for bed, Marni stopped her for one second. "How long did it take you, after you were turned, before everything started feeling.. real again?" she asked. "Before it all started feeling... like reality, and not some messed up nightmare? Does the reality of this all ever really start feeling.. normal?" A part of her still wondered if she was stuck in a nightmare, or maybe lost in some sort of schizophrenic world in her own mind. A part of her still doubted that this was reality. It was all too.. ridiculous. While the core of her screamed that this was reality, she was still having trouble coming to terms with everything new.

She followed Vanessa back into the rear areas of the bar and split off to go into her own room, which was now devoid of Jim. Marni closed the door behind her, finding there was now a lock on the inside and locked it as well, feeling just the least bit happy now that she had her own, personal space somewhere in the world again. She glanced over at the laptop that had been left for her. Vanessa had said that it had internet connection, but Marni shied away from it for the moment. The urge to try to email someone from her life was too great. She had to take this one step at a time. Aside from that, right now, there wasn't much that she cared about seeking out online. Besides, the slight feeling that Marni had had for a while, the heavy, tired feeling was growing a lot stronger. The feeling that morning was approaching, as she had learned.

Checking the laptop quickly, she noted that it was plugged into the wall, so it wasn't just using battery. With that, she checked that it was on and turned off the standby mode, and then turned it to face the wall. Turning off the main light now in the room, the laptop's monitor lent a soft, blue ambient glow to the darkness, just enough to see by as she took off her boots and vest, before lying down on her new bed. It was soft, comfortable, as she lay her head back on her entwined hands, staring up at the dark ceiling. Tomorrow was going to be.. turbulent. Traumatic. She tried to will herself to stay awake, to try to make tomorrow night come as slowly as possible. It didn't work. In only a matter of minutes, the heavy tiredness overwhelmed her and Marni fell into the death-like slumber of what she now was.

--------------------------------

Marni awoke with a start, instantly awake, no grogginess, no weariness.. no feelings of true sleep lingering. It merely felt like one moment she had been in a dark hole of oblivion and suddenly, she was here again, aware again. The lovely feeling of waking up slowly from the gentle cloud of sleep was something she hadn't felt once in the past seven months, since Tobias had found her that one night. She hadn't really thought about that before but she wondered if that was another thing that had been stolen from her the night she had been turned.

She sat up, glad she had thought to leave the laptop glowing as she had. She hadn't liked waking up the night before, when this room had been a storage room, in the complete and utter darkness, feeling like she had come to consciousness within a tomb. With the warm glow, it at least had been an instant recognition of where she was, of a safe place. Along with that though, came the memory now of what was going to be happening tonight, of the chain of events that was going to be started... Some of which Marni was very unhappy about. Hesitantly, she began to pull on her old, dirty clothes before turning on the lights in the room.

That done, she went to her gun bag and began to rummage around, grabbing first the pistol holster which she attached to her right hip, then securing the pistol. Secondly, she grabbed the smg, making sure its strap was firmly attached at both ends. She took off her coat for a moment, putting the strap over a shoulder and then put the jacket back on, letting the smg hang behind her back in such a way that it wasn't obvious. The jacket hid both weapons well enough. Both the weapons and the jacket would be something she would have to leave with Vanessa later on in the night, once the second phase of the plan kicked in and Marni's 'body' was to be 'discovered' by the police and coroner at the cult's church. For the first phase though, Marni would need her weapons.

Stepping out of her room, Marni headed first towards Vanessa's office, wondering if her mentor was there. If not there, then at the bar.. though by the sounds of it, the place was already getting busy and Marni wasn't so sure that the Brujah would be out there when there was something more important to do tonight. With the anxiety and nervousness she was feeling, Marni was amazed that she wasn't jittery. That was one of the few benefits she had noticed to this new condition. Adrenaline didn't really seem to function the way it once had. Slowly, she knocked at the office door.

( Not sure where Van is.. if she is elsewhere, I can add on to this to go and find her. Or can have one of the ghouls point Marni in the right direction and just write Marni following their instructions to find her. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Vanessa's office wasn't really quiet as the knock on the door came. There were voices from within and other sounds happening. It didn't stop as teh door was knocked, but a reply did come a few moments later." Come in!" The brujah's voice sounded from within, followed by the noise of people as some argument was had inside.

Inside of Van's office, the place seemed just a tad different than it normally looked like. Vanessa's usual desk was pushed further backwards and in front of it, her table was set up with a lot of chairs around it. There were also quite a few people beside the brujah right now. All dressed and looking differently and all seated across the table with Van not seeting in the seat of honor, instead it was a seemingly plain looking office man there. On the table there was a grid board spread, some miniature figures, a lot of papersheets about, multifaced dice...tablets and a soft fantasy music playing in the background as currently a very noisy discussion was going on about dice rolls. Yeah they were all playing D&D right now.

The argument was rather loud for a good few moments before the other people in the room finally recognized that another people joined them and all of them stopped arguing, instead turning to look at Marni. There were 6 people there. 3 men and 3 women who were looking at her." Hey sleepyhead, you finally joined us." Vanessa said with a smile as she looked at Marni." My friends arrived a bit earlier." She explained." Guys this is Marni, she's with us tonight as I already told you all earlier. Do introduce yourselves properly, yes?" Vanessa explained as the people around the table studied the Toreador with curious eyes... well mostly so. One of the women... or was it even a woman she looked quite small, almost a teenager, anywas that one was just staring at her with eyes filled with part confusion, part indifference. She as asian, possibly japanese?

"So you told us." The other woman spoke up. She was big. A bit bigger than Vanessa, dressed and rugged up clothing, but typical for the Anarch movement. She was well maintained however, no dirt could be seen. She also had her hair tied in a tail and her ears were... fuzzy. They had fur! What's more her skin had a good tan to it, giving her an exotic look." Tobias's pup, huh. Well worry not, pup. You're safe in our company. Name's Kleo of the Gangrel." The woman added before her head was suddenly yanked to the side as a smaller hand cought the fur on her ears and pulled downwards for seemingly no reason." OUCH... nononononono, Kiri let go! LET GO! IT HURTS!" She flailed a bit about until she caught the really young looking woman's arms. The girl didn't seem to react to it however, she was just staring at the fur." Ahm... Kiri, introduce yourself." Kleo stated, only to earn a blank stare.

"..." The girl then looked at Marni, but didn't say anything. She just stared at the toreador with her big black eyes, straight black hair framing her face on both sides. She was seeminly wearing a school uniform of sorts. That however was nowhere near as notable as the way she was staring at Marni as if she was seeing THROUGH her... or maybe even inside her." Stray kitty cat. Don't eat stuff of the street..." The young girl said, looking at Marni with her big eyes. There was somethign unsettling about the way she was being looked at, it was impossible to say what thoughts were swirling in that head.

"Ahm..." Vanessa coughed up and placing a hand on the asian girl's shoulder, gently made her sit down again." This is Kirika, she's a Malkavian. She doesn't really mean any harm. This is just the way she is." The brujah explained as the girl turned to look at her instead for a moment before she gave Vanessa's head a pat and ruffled her hair a bit. She then turned back to the table as she started to stare down the pair of d20s before her. Vanessa chuckled as she saw it.

"Hey, you already know me!" Miles voice rang as he waved at Marni and gestured her to the free chair by him." Come sit down. We've got some time before the greenlight is given!" He laughed and earned a whack on the head by the Gangrel woman." Hey! What was that for!?"

"Vasili and James still haven't introduced themselves you fool. Did your character int score of 6 actually transfer to you instead?" She asked him and he just gave a grumble.

"... Honestly how did I ever end up with you guys?" A somewhat mishapen figure asked in gruff male voice. He had a thick russian accent. The man wore heavy clothing and had hoods, but those were off right now, displaying his somewhat mishapen head. He had no hair, pointy ears, grayish skin and looked quite... monsterish. His expression wasn't anywhere near as fiendish however. In fact he had a certain let's say, calm to his expression." I can see it from your expression that this is the first time seeing one of my kind." He said to Marni with a smile." As Kleo said, I'm Vasili - a Nosferatu. I just have happened to draw the short end of the stick, so no worries." He chuckled." Pleasure meeting you, Marni. Heard about you and your situation, you ever need help, you can ask. If nothing else, I want to help a fellow member of the not consentual embrace club."

"Stop with the grim talk, would you. Tonight is a night for settlign scores." Finally the office worker man who was standing furthest from Marni on the key point of hte table behind a DM screen spoke out. He looked at the younger Toreador in the room." Good night, Miss Marni. I'm James, I'm a caitiff or Clanless as they also call us. I'm also the DM of the group." He smiled at her. His appearance was normal... a bit plain. A simple black pants and white collar shirt. He had short hair, no beard and well... he was ordinary. Especially when compared to the colorful group surrounding him! Toss in him the crowd and you'd lose him in a moment!" Please do join us. We should get to know each other a bit, we all will be doing a very big task soon enough." The man said with a casual smile.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

As she had approached the door, Marni could hear muffled voices from within. No doubt that the office was at least partially sound-proofed, in case of vampire business that needed discretion, so Marni could hear muffled voices but not make out the actual words. It sounded like a number of people though. She frowned as she knocked hesitantly, waiting to see who was inside. Nothing, She had to knock a second time before she heard a voice from inside rise above the semi-sound proofing. It sounded like Vanessa's voice so Marni turned the handle and pushed the door open. The sheer volume inside the office hit her then and Marni recoiled in surprise. Despite the arguing voices though, Marni, seeing Vanessa, entered the room and shut the door behind her, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

The other thing that shocked her, besides the office layout having been all moved around, was the people within. As her eyes passed over each of the boisterous individuals, she could barely fathom how different each was from the next, and some of those more than others... Marni saw only two familiar faces out of the group. After having taken note of the people, she glanced at what they were all gathered around, only now noticing the fantasy music playing in the background, failing to dominate the loud voices. In the middle of the gathering was a table with figurines and dice and what not. Though Marni had never played it herself, she recognized the tabletop game for what it was but that just sort of confused her even more. When one thought 'vampire', one usually pictured a stoic, highly dignified, creepy individual... not a group of loud, clearly... excitable people playing D&D. Nerds, she could expect... vampires though? She would never have thought to walk in on this in a million years.

Suddenly all the faces turned towards Marni and she froze, wide-eyed, wondering how she should react. She didn't really answer Vanessa's greeting, not knowing what to say. She made a point though to ask the other woman when she got a chance about how the others seemed to be able to wake up earlier. Not right now though, not with such an audience. She gave a weak wave at the others in the room as Vanessa introduced her to them. She felt decidedly uncomfortable under their scrutiny, especially the one that looked like a kid.

The first woman in the group to address Marni had... what the hell was that? Furry ears? Maybe it was just a costume thing for this game they were playing or something. So Kleo the Gangrel... She tried to jot that down to memory. Before she could respond with a polite reply to the introduction, the kid next to the Gangrel grabbed the woman's furry ear and tugged hard. Marni's eyes widened. Those ears weren't a costume. The young girl's attention suddenly switched from the Gangrel's ears to Marni herself and she found herself staring back into eyes like a dark abyss. Marni could feel her hackles raise at this young girl's stare. There was just something creepy about this kid, something that Marni did not like. The school uniform didn't help the image either. Might as well be children of the damned or children of the corn or some other horror movie with kids who didn't act like kids. Marni's eyes narrowed as she frowned, teeth just slightly bared, as the young girl began to speak in riddles. Insulting riddles. She wanted to yell back that she had had no choice before now but she didn't want to admit to what she had had to do to survive in front of these strangers.

Thankfully Vanessa defused the situation, driving the crazy chick back to a seated position, letting Marni drop some of her defensiveness. Vanessa had never explained these Gangrel or Malkavians but Marni surmised it was like her being Toreador. They had to be clans, right? Probably. Thankfully the next voice that spoke up was from someone she had already met... and someone much more agreeable with her own personality. Marni smiled, giving a small nod of acknowledgement at the other Toreador. "Nice to see you again, Miles." she said in rely. She began to hesitantly move to the seat offered to her when Vanessa's admonishing of Miles stopped her. She paused, waiting to see where the final introductions went.

The next character was... yeow. A character. Had she not known vampires existed and had Vanessa not been here, if she had seen a face like that, Marni would have been gone in a flash. That visage before her was.. hideous. And yet, there was something.. kind and amiable about the heavily accented voice. Still.. that face though. Her feelings of revulsion at it turned to feelings of pity. To be cursed for eternity with a mug like that.... What gods did that guy piss off in life? She nodded at the statement that it was the first time she had seen a Nosferatu. A small smile grew on her face though at Vasili's own self-deprecation and she felt almost bad for her first impression based solely on his appearance. Still wasn't pretty to look at though.. "Thank you." she answered him back and then gave a half shrug. "To be fair... it's the first time I'm meeting anyone like.. us... other than Vanessa and Miles.... This is all.. very new for me." she admitted. She did feel an affinity, a kinship now for Vasili about being turned without any information, any choice... any guidance.

Her attention turned towards the final member of the group. She felt the emotional lump return to her stomach at his mention of settling scores tonight. For them, maybe... For her... well, Marni had already killed the chief perpetrator of her incarceration during her escape. Tonight wasn't going to be so much about settling scores for Marni as it was... tying ends off. Settling a score would have been an uplifting experience... Tonight and tomorrow night was going to be emotionally turbulent for her to say the least. She wasn't looking forwards to that. She took a deep breath that she didn't need. Her eyebrow flicked up in surprise at the last man's introduction, specifically the ending bit. DM? "A pleasure, James." she said politely.

As soon as James asked her to join them, Miles once again gestured to the open seat beside him, and she took it this time, staring at the board between them all, half in confusion, half curiously. While she had never played and really didn't know much about it... she did like games and... well anything to stall what was going down tonight was all right by her. She waved a hand lightly at the board and figures and sheets and dice. "So... what's all this then?" she asked. "I mean.. I know it's D&D... right? But... well, I'm curious as to how it's played..." she began.

( So Marni is quite ignorant of D&D. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

With all the introductions in order and Marni at the table, all the members of today's main hitsquad were assembled. Kirika the Malkavian had stopped starring at Marni and was instead staring at her pair of D20s. She was staring very intensely at them, as if expecting them to talk or something like that. Well Vanessa did suspect she might be indeed talking with those dice, you never knew with Malkavians anyways. She just knew that the girl wasn't a bad character however. She just had trouble expressing herself with her curse and that was fine. Some Malkavians were outright dangerous to everyone around, Kirika not so much... most of hte time.

"It's quite very simple really." James said and looked at Marni." I'm the DM, the dungeon master. In simplest terms I tell the story while the rest of the group, the players, act up on it. Think of it as a big game of make pretend. You are roleplying a character in a story and world I'm giving to you. You act, react and experience that world while give you the results of actions and how the story progresses based on what's happening. It's basically the originator of the computer roleplaying games. For example Miles who's playing the Barbarian elf, just attempted to haggle the price on the item he wanted from the store. His charisma and intelect are quite low and since he didn't roll well, he ended up being tricked into paying more than he needed." James explained." All you really need to play D&D is the desire to get into a character and act out from their point of view. The dice, the Character sheets even the table are all optional. We all have roleplayed in our lives, all children do it in their games as they slay giant dragons to rescue princesses, or play doctor or storekeeper." James finished his explanation.

"You know, we could have just showed her a bit..." Miles said and roled his eyes." It's easier to learn when you see it."

"That is true, Miles, but also a bit weird to be the only one who isn't in on the game." James corrected him." Hmm why not do it like this, Marni, pick one of these." James suddenly said and pulled out a few character sheets." These are lesser non critical npcs. Since you are new to the game and we don't really have teh full time to start you from scratch with a new character and the like, why don't we use this as a way to get you introduced. Pick a character, I made them all to be pretty average, not one is too weak or too strong. They have a name and personality. Just pick one and join in. Ask questions while the game progresses and if this character dies or fails, well it's not one you spend a lot of time making." He smiled and handed the Character sheets to Marni. There were probably over 15 of them. So she just had to pick any that got her fancy." Meanwhile, while you choose, let me give you the quick rundown on the situation..." He started to explain who the party were and how they got where they weer.

They had actually started a new campaign not too far back so most characters were lower levels. highest one was 3. They were in a desert city of Blessed Springs. They were working for a noble who hired them to find who was sending assassins after him. As such since the setting was a mixture of arabian and egyptian, characters that were avaible followed those guidelines with a few foreigners mixed in as well. The introduction took about 10 minutes. Characters were as follow:
Miles: Leor The Best!, Elf Barbarian from the North!
Van: Kara Ibn Nahal, Human Blade Dancer(Assassin)
Kleo: Nakia, Lamia Priestess
Vasili: Nikkadi, Goblin Mage
Kirika: Lera Sundrop, Desert Elf Prophet(Sorcerer)

"Anyways, that's the gist of it." James finished the explanation." When you decide on the character if you haven't, tell me and I will weave you into it." He smiled.

"Well before we continue with the story, what's the plan for later though? Did we get nay word from the baron on the time table?" Kleo asked and looked at James.

"He did, we are still hours away from the time to storm the church." James replied." We can expect to depart from here come midnight. Attack would be around 1 am." The caitiff replied with voice that spoke he was used to it.

"Well it can't be helpd." Vanessa interjected." The ploy needs to be perfect to catch Ditko off guard and pull him away and keep him occupied for the entire night. We need the place destroyed before heh as the chance to react. He's likely behind it and Tobias's end so can't risk it."

Vasili looked at Marni. He had spotted her earlier nervousness when the topic went to the event later tonight." Don't worry, girl." He said with very deep and kind voice." We might be a bit weird, but we do know how to fight. When the scuffle starts, just relax. With us there, no one can do anything to you. If you think a single vampire fledgeling escaping was deadly, imagine us 6." He reassured her and pointed at Van." I mean look at Vanessa, that knight templar alone would be enough to wreck the place and leave no survivors. She's done it in the past."

"Hey, don't tie me with those guys... " The brujah protested and rolled her eyes." He does have a point however. Don't worry. Just follow our lead when we get there. We got you covered. You aren't alone anymore. " Vanessa smiled at Marni." Anyways did you choose what you will play as for the night?"
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Glad that the creepy kid vampire had found a new focus, Marni turned her attention to James as he began to explain about the game. Of course, she knew that D&D was a role playing game where you rolled dice and played as a character but that was about as far as her knowledge went. In high school and college, she had hung out with people more interested in art than role playing, though she was starting to realize that there might be just as much creation in this as there was in writing a story or painting a picture in some ways. While she was quite ignorant in how the game itself was played, James' explanation was even more basic than she needed; Marni understood role playing, acting a part.. she had taken a little drama in college along with her art, so she was grateful when Miles prompted the other Kindred to show rather than explain.

James then handed Marni a collection of sheets of paper which she took, almost overwhelmed at first at the sheer amount of variables on each page. She forced herself not to look at the masses of numbers all over but instead focus on the name, race and other physical identifiers of the characters on each sheet. Her first instinct was to disregard the male characters, feeling more comfortable to select a character of her own gender for the first time. Hmph, there was one that caught her fancy... Something about what it said resonated within her. Marni handed the other character sheets back to James as he motioned that she keep the one she had chosen.

Marni was just about to tell everyone which character she had chosen when Kleo brought up the plan for the night, catching Marni's full attention. She drew a short, sharp breath that she didn't need, feeling a deep seated wish that she could stop time right now, to prevent the rest of the night from coming to pass. Hours away still... hours... They would pass all too quickly though. Hours until then, a few more hours maybe for the actual raid and the cleanup after... And.... only a matter of hours after that, her family would be contacted to come and identify her body in a morgue somewhere. She tried to swallow back the pain of that thought as a ruby-red tear rolled down her cheek, which she quickly tried to wipe away before anyone else at the table could notice. It would be likely during the day time, when Marni herself was... asleep? Dead to the world. She wouldn't have to see them breaking down at seeing her dead but... but that would be the stark finality to what had been her life, her former life. And it tore at her very soul.

She steeled her emotions, at least on the surface, trying to look strong. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she glanced over at her clansman, Miles, giving him a a small smile and a nod. He had seen the tear, but it didn't appear that anyone else had. She wondered how much Vanessa had told the others here about what Marni was going to have to go through, or if they only knew about the raid on the cult. She hoped that was all they knew about. Vanessa and Miles, she didn't care if they knew... but she would have been less comfortable with some of the others. In any case, she turned back, hiding her inner turmoil as Vanessa began to speak.

At that point, Vasili turned to Marni, offering his support for the fight. The fight was the last thing on Marni's mind but she smiled gratefully anyways at the supportive words. She realized after a moment that the vampire fledgling he mentioned meant her and she paused. Deadly? She hadn't been nearly deadly enough. Had she been, maybe her one ally there, Will, wouldn't have been killed in helping her escape... defeat Brother Gregory. Still, Gregory was dead too now. Still though, she had no doubts about how deadly this group could be. With what she had learned last night alone, Marni knew she was ten times more deadly than she had ever been.. and she was only scratching the surface of what she might one day learn, what some of these people already knew. She looked around the table, at each one. "Thank you all for helping in this." she said.

She glanced at Vanessa, an echo of pain showing in her eyes but nowhere else on her face. She nodded slowly. "I'm not afraid of the right but I'll follow your lead; you know what we might encounter there better than I will." she agreed. Not alone anymore. She liked that, she had been alone for so many months... but right at that moment, loneliness was a bee sting compared to the beheading coming up afterwards, it would be nothing compared to finally cutting herself off from everyone she truly held dear. But she needed to hide that, hide that pain, so she forced a smile and nodded in answer to Van's question about the game they were about to dive into.

"This one. Marika Alizac... it says she is a... fetchling sorcerer (undead bloodline)." she said to the others, looking a bit confused about what that really meant. She glanced further down the sheet, reading the parts she could at least understand. This one seemed to have a higher deception and arcana skills, the latter she assumed was something about magic. And below were some lists of a number of spells in the spells section, most of which did not appear to be damage related but were perhaps buffs and debuffs, or at least she assumed from the names. This seemed more of a support character but for her first time, that suited Marni just fine, taking a back seat to the others who were more experienced.

( Umm.. so when I wrote the skills, I used D&D5e names (had to look them up o_o) but Marika is actually my current pathfinder character so I figured.. why not use her XD. If you need to know for your post, she lived most of her life in the material plane so she feels an outsider compared to others around, and is trying to find her place in the world.. just like marni at the moment... also she is literally mostly spells with only 1 offensive spell, a crossbow and the rest of the spells are all buffs and debuffs XD. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Hmm Marika Alizac." James said softly and started fiddling a bit with the tablet he had set up by his DM screen. He seemed to be checking something and after finding whatever he needed, he pulled a folder, taking a few other sheets of paper, clipping them to the DM screen. Then with a final nod to himself and the others, he turned his attention back to the table and his players." Alright. With Marni joining we can continue. We weren't too far into the session anyways and we won't be able to finish tonight. Let's help her ease into it so she can decide if she's going to be joining us from now on." James smiled and turned to Marni.

"As a Fetchling, Marika was a rare sight within Blessed Springs and the whole Kalikhan Desert region as a whole. A curios sight to admire and then boast that you've met..." James quickly started to weave the Fetchling character into the story with the ease of someone who had a lot of experience in doing this. He made it sound very natural and he was describing things in beautiful detail as the soft arabian and egyptial feel music played lowly in the background for setting the mood and feel of the story. It was the regular day in the Blessed Springs, hot, no clouds in the sky and people were busy across the streets despite the sun and heat. Marika's introduction to the party was at the Drowning Camel, a local tavern that she had to visit to hide from the sun and rest, having just arrived on board a caravan that has been traveling for weeks across the desert.

The party had just in turn finished dealing with one of the assassins that were hunting the noble and they had just gotten a suspicious letter, however they had no way of breaking the language. It was written in a language that even their own mage and their priestess didn't recognize. It was turning into a bit of a pickle for them. Mile's character, Leor the barbarian was busy drinking all of a catus wine jug. Nakia the Lamia was busy, trying to descipher the letter along with Nikkadi. The goblins didn't carry teh same stigma here as in other lands. The other 2 party members, Kara, the blade dancer, dressed in her revealing clothing with a pair of scimitars on her hips, was busy, sharpening and polishing the golden coins on the veil cloth she wore on her hips as part of her dancer get up. Only Lera the prophet was staring emtily into her glass of cactus wine. The group RPed a bit, exchanging ideas on how to proceed, giving Marni a first view of how it's basically played, before James shifted the point of view and started to narrate Marni's side.

"You, enter the tavern, it's daytime so only travelers and people who do not need to work are currently inside." James explain to Marni with a smile." The barkeeper, a fat little man with a yellow turban, acknowledges your presence quickly as he stumbles over ot the corner of the bar where you are it.' What'd ya want? Cold water,booze or food?' He asks, wiping clear a glass cup. A rare commodity to the north, but here most cups and jugs are made of glass." James stopps saying, waiting for Marni's reply.

Not even 4 words into Marni's reply as Marika were in, when Kirika stared at the toreador with tilted head before she spoke out." That one... she holds the key to our problems!" The younger looking woman said in very seemingly focused and somewhat sane way and clearly in character if one was to judge by the very slight tinge of accent she seemed to suddenly have. The others looked at Kirika then at Marni, their characters narrated the same way. As luck would have it the letter they had was written in the language of D'ziriak! A language that Marika would know! Either Kirika had saw and memorized it somehow or she had one of her hunches, though given this was D&D it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

"The tavern keeper is very startled by the sudden exclamation from the lithe Desert Elf woman with a party of adventurers, but he realizes they are regulars and calms down. He tosses a look at you and sighs.' Looks like your luck's odd today, girlie.' The man chuckles and pulls a small glass plate with some pickles. if you think the Elf girlie there is being too energetic or intruding into your personal space, offer her these. It's usually the only thing that keeps her in check!" James narrates ever on and tosses a few dices for some reason behind his DM screen, but doesn't say anything.

"Excuse me for my friend's little outburst. She's a bit excitable, you see." Van, taking the persona of Kara explains with calm and soft intonation." However she's usually very good at judging things and if she's said you can help a problem of ours, it's most likely true. Would it be a problem if you join us for a drink? I will coin it, maybe after seeing our problem, you can indeed solve a very important problem we are having. Do not consider the drink a bribe or payment. If you think you cannot or do not want to help, just think of the drink as a gesture towards a traveler from far away who had visited our town."

(so do we rp this for a few more turns or do we skip to church massacring time~?)