Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Rebel with a Cause - Anarchs

Post by Keira Kelly »

Geraint grunted as the Brujah woman grabbed him unexpectedly. "Merde, Vanessa..." he said in a low growl as he retracted his claws from Marni, turning a glare on the one still holding him. "Didn't know she was yours... doesn't smell like one of you Rabble." he said, using the nickname for the Brujah clan., turning back to eye Marni. "Maybe dresses like you but.. doesn't smell like one of you... Smells more like a... Degenerate.." he added after sniffing the air without subtlety.

"Hey, who are you calling a degenerate!" Marni said angrily, had dropping to her side in a fist after having been rubbing the shoulder the claws had been holding, not realizing the word was a clan nickname and taking it as a personal insult instead. Who was this guy to be making any kind of judgments about her? He knew nothing about her. "At least I don't look like some dirty slob..."

Geraint let out a growl of laughter, totally unconcerned by Marni's anger or return insult. "Definitely a Degenerate.." he muttered, just loud enough for the two women to hear. He laughed harder, seeing Vanessa now trying to hold back her.. 'squire', to keep the new blood from attacking him. "Better teach the new blood there to control that anger... lest she lose control of her Beast. If you say you already took her to Hans, I'll take your word for it, Vanessa. Know you are trustworthy enough.. for a Rabble."

He glanced at Marni again with a hard look before turning back to the Brujah with another grunt. "You know I'm not supposed to talk about my jobs for Hans but.. well, the trail I'm on has to do with a friend of yours... Thought I'd at least give you a heads up about that, Vanessa." He turned back to scan the crowd, still talking though to her. "There was a building our missing elder was using as one of his many havens. The Kine responsible for loaning it out to him is here tonight. I've been trying to track a timeline, talked to the building manager.. something fishy there...." His eyes swung back and for a second at the right angle, the light reflected from them as if they were a cat's eyes. "I was tracking around that building.. seems there have been quite a few Kindred.. or maybe Cainites? going in and out of that building recently...." He looked back at Vanessa, knowing she got around with the Anarch social circles a little more than he did.. or at least had a better gossip network. "Hear anything about it? Anything official from us?"

( Vanessa has heard of nothing to do with that building, nor even that area of town. She'd know from talking to Marni earlier though that it is now on the border of contested territory with the Sabbat. 7 months ago it was purely in Anarch territory but.. the borders have since shifted. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

Vanessa made a grimace of mild anger at the words coming out of the gangrel. She had managed to keep herself from reacting well enough, but Marni seemed to be a lot more emotional and prone to outbursts than she was right now, which was normal for a kindred so young as she was. She had to hold her down by the shoulder as to keep her from causing a scene now that the Gangrel had unhanded her shoulder." Calm down, Marni. He's not someone you can match in a fight anyway." The Brujah stated and turned back to Geraint." She's just starting to learn proper manners of acting out in public, but she wouldn't have had this outburst if someone wasn't trying to provoque her right now... Then again I guess I shouldn't expect one of the Animals to understand this." Vanessa growled in return. Outlanders in her dictionary wasn't an offensive term. Rabble and degenerates were offensive, but she had the benefit of having a sire who was learned in the olden ways so she knew a thing or two about the dark ages and the names floating around back then.

She then frowned hard as she listened to him talking. She pondered for a moment and then threw a glance at Marni, then around the club." Well it wouldn't be good for me to stop you from your task, next time we meet don't go into the provocations right away." Vanessa stated, displeased." Anyhow about that building, all I know is that it should be on the border of Sabbat turf right now. We've been losing ground..." She mumbled and took an not really needed sigh, but it just seemed proper for hte situation.

"Anyway, She is Tobias's childe..." She gestured to Marni. It was going to be announced soon enough anyway at least to people like Geraint here who did important jobs." Since this is connected to us, I'm really of the opinion of leaving you to your job. If you happen to learn something of use, do inform me if possible. I've gotten some leads of my own, not going to discuss it here, but Hans has the info, so I assume you should be filled in on that when you meet with him again." Vanessa stated and gestured to Marni to stand up and follow her." Alright, practical lesson's being cut short it seems. We are leaving now." The brujah stated. If people connected to what happend to her friend happened to appear, chances were they were going to recognize Marni right away too and she didn't want to expose the toreador to needless danger quite yet.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Marni was still angry but she did at least listen to Vanessa's suggestion not to get into a fight when she still knew next to nothing about any of this. She was surprised when her new mentor instead growled at the ragged bear of a man, calling him an animal. It surprised her all the more, making her forget her anger, when the huge guy began to laugh, a gravely, deep belly laugh.

"Shouldn't expect a non-Animal to have a thick skin." he replied, though his tone now was clear that he only only provoked to amuse himself, not to actually pick a fight. He turned more serious, huffing lightly. "Yeah, that's the building." he confirmed, knowing full well where it was located. "I have a feeling we had lost that building even before the borders shifted though..." He stopped at hearing who the new girl was, his bushy eyebrows rising in surprise, and turned to study her more in depth again. "Tobias's cub huh? Well, that would explain the whole Degenerate thing..." he said half to himself, though his voice held some respect using that term now. His brow lowered as he stared at her. "Tell me, girl, you been to an apartment at 5446 Hastings Drive?" he asked.

Marni frowned, confused but wondering if she should answer. A quick glance over at Vanessa and the other other woman nodding slightly told her she should. "Well, yeah.. yes. I was taken there by a ma.... by Tobias, from what I'm told, the night he disappeared." she answered. "I didn't catch the address number of the apartment but.. that's sounds about right. He.." She frowned, feeling uncomfortable to use the terms that Vanessa had. "He turned me there and when I woke up, he was gone... and I got attacked and captured."

Geraint growled for real now. "Merde! I had a gut feeling he went missing from that one. It was the only one that wasn't as secure as the others..." he muttered. He made an annoyed sound, shaking his head at all of it. That an Elder could be disappeared so easily... It had been a serious blow the the Anarchs. "You really are in the thick of this, girl, huh?" He turned to the Brujah. "If Hans gave you the okay to pursue this too, we should probably keep in contact, Vanessa." he stated seriously. "If I find anything, I'll make sure you get it and vice versa, bien? Just pass it on through Hans. He will make sure I get anything." he added, giving each of the women a short nod as they left.

As they walked away, Marni was still a bit confused about the whole interaction. "He.. wasn't what I would have expected from someone dressed.. someone looking like that..." she said, indicating the face with her hand. She made a sound to herself. "That's a lesson I need to learn, isn't it: things aren't always what they seem, right? And, by the way... what the HELL was that guy?! And what's the next step, where do we go from here?" she asked, her mind burning with more questions but she held them back. For now. "Maybe.. I should get some form of weapon sooner rather than later..." she added, suddenly feeling not safe at all in the world.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Yeah, in our world appearances are decieving... a lot. Some of the worst and most dangerous people I've seen were incredibly iinocent looking. And some of the most dangerous were the kindest." Vanessa confirmed with a shrug as they were leaving. This wasn't a nice development, she planned to use this chance to get Marni eased into the life and use the chance while the toreador was already fed to have her become able to regulate herself when feeding, but the plan fell now.

"As for what he is... He's a Gangrel." The brujah explained and threw a look at Marni." They are a lot more in tune with the beast that we all harbor inside. I suppose they are the opposite of a toreador. As a side effect if they lose contol sometimes, their bodies actually gain beastial characteristics. I once met one who had whiskers and the animal paw pad things on the inside of their palms. Hehe... They are not to be underestimated at all. People tend to view them as wanderers and beggers and animals, but they can be just as smart and cutting as any of us. And what's more they are generally powerhouses in melee too. Some of them can turn into animals such as dogs and cats too." She added.

"Weapons can be somewhat effective, but not always. I do sometimes use gun but it's ofen tracer rounds and or aimed at heads and hearts only." The brujah explained." Guns are only really dangerous to us if aimed at the head. Though they can be useful if you punture the heart, it will hinder a kindred for a few moments. Same if you shatter let's say a kneecap or damage a tendon. That type of damage our bodies can gennerally quickly heal though. That's why if firearms are involved it's usually either shotguns or automatic weapons. Many prefer the good old melee though. A sword or an axe for example."

"Well I'm not sure really. Night's rapidly advancing and I should think up where you shall be staying for the time being. Frankly I think I will keep you in the bar building. Can't risk you being found or killed by whomever is involved in the mess with Tobias." Vanessa sighed." Let's hrad back to the bar. I will clean you one of the spare rooms I currently keep as a store room for misc items of mine. We shall put you a bed there at a later date too. For now a matress and blankets will have to suffice." The brujah explained to Marni.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Marni shook her head to herself. Appearances were indeed deceiving it seemed. Like the woman beside her who was almost three times Marni's own age but appeared younger. Yeah, that would definitely be something to watch out for... Don't assume anything. Be wary of everyone. It sounded like a cynical way to live but.. if it helped her survive this crazy new world, so be it. As she listened to Vanessa explain about Gerard the Gangrel, she tucked all the information away. Opposite of Toreador. That was interesting. Her new mentor had said that Toreador were the best, or one of the best, at holding onto their humanity and apparently Gangrel did not even care to try. Her nose wrinkled as she grimaced at the thought of living like an animal, at becoming an animal. Gross.

"Wait, what?!" she said suddenly as Vanessa was describing the curse of the Gangrel clan. "Seriously? Whiskers? Wow..." she said with a laugh, picturing what that must look like. Maybe like the old Beauty and the Beast TV series from the 90's with Ron Perlman... Then again, with what she had seen of it so far... maybe more like the 90's movie of The Island of Dr. Moreau.. Yeah, more likely the latter, she decided. "Well, they may be cunning and powerhouses..." she replied, using Vanessa's word, "but I think I'm glad that I'm not one of them... Being a Toreador and embracing my humanity and my art sounds like a much nicer fate."

The information about weapons and effectiveness disappointed Marni. She had hoped that guns would have been a bit better but.. still, being able to keep some range between herself and an attacker seemed much more preferable. She.. just wasn't really a blade-type person. "Automatic weapons sound good to me... an SMG I guess it's called would be a nice start..." she added. Truth be told, she hadn't been obsessed over guns before.. sort of the opposite but.. she had picked up enough knowledge about them from games and movies and the like to know the basics, and an SMG sounded really good to her now.

Marni frowned. "Uh.. I have a place I've been staying. A motel room..." she objected. She had paid for it with money she'd taken off her last victim. True, she hadn't actually used the bed in the room. She had taken all the blankets she could into the bathroom for her day-sleeping just to make sure she kept well away from any source of sunlight. The curtains in the rooms weren't the best. But still, it was an environment she controlled... sort of. She was still.. or now so, more wary of even Vanessa. The woman might be helping her, mentoring her now but.. the Brujah's earlier words had reminded Marni that deception was rampant among the vampires. Well, whether deceiving or not, Vanessa WAS still Marni's only source of learning in this new world. What choice did she really have?

"Fine.." she agreed reticently. "I'll stay at the bar." she conceded with a grimace. The idea of sleeping at a bar... in a store room at a bar at that!, was.. barely a step above sleeping at some of the seedier places she had been forced to take refuge in a few times since her escape. But not much more of a step above, as far as she was concerned. Part of her wondered if Vanessa wanted her at the bar to keep an eye and make sure Marni didn't try to return to her old life, her old family and friends. To Craig. She was still determined to do that at some point when she got a chance. It had been months but she was sure he would be grateful to find out that she was still alive. Sort of. For now though, she had to play the part of submissive pupil and followed Vanessa so they could head back.

----------------
Next Night
----------------

Marni awoke suddenly in the dark room. The room was pitch black and only a faint glow marked the line under the door to the store room in which Vanessa had stashed her. Going to sleep and waking up was weird now, something she didn't think she'd ever get used to. There was no real tiredness come the mornings, just a visceral sense, a knowledge that the sun was approaching the horizon and it was time to get ready. The falling asleep was sudden. She'd be awake one second, her mind working as usual and.. gone the next. Waking up at sunset felt just the same but opposite. Now that she was awake, she felt no lingering tiredness, no cloudy thinking. She was just.. awake. And so very aware of the terrible, old mattress that Vanessa had loaned her.

She groaned at a spring that felt like it was poking into her back through the material and direly missed her old bed as she sat up, the old blanket clinging loosely around her. A bed she hadn't seen or slept on in seven months. God, had it really been that long? One long nightmare that seemed like it would never end. She missed.. everything. Especially the people. She missed her loved ones. In the dark, she could feel a few tears rolling down her face as she drew her knees up to her chest, hugging them to herself. She wanted to rail out against someone.. anyone. To be able to vent her anger but.. there was no one she could do so against. And so she bottled it up. What else could she do? Still, she sobbed quietly to herself, at everything she had lost.

"Get yourself together, Marni." she finally told herself, wiping at the tears, forcing herself to stop, to think of what she was going to do about it rather than wallow. Finally, she got up, feeling her way over to the door and then up the wall until she found the light switch and flicked it on, lighting up the obvious store room in stark, yellow light. She blinked a couple of times to get used to it before she noticed the remnants of the tears on her hands. Damn vampire things! Her hands were streaked with red and she was sure her face was too. No sink or water in here.. and going out there like this was.. dangerous. With a growl of annoyance, she began to lick at her hands until all evidence of the blood-tears was gone, and used the moisture left to scrub at her face until she was sure she had gotten it all. She made one last pass over all of it with the edge of the blanket she had been using before she headed out of the room to look for Vanessa.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Vanessa had a rather fun time all around now. She suddenly found herself with a foster childe and actually no proper place to house her. Marni was for now staying in the storage room and she was going to be staying there for a while. She was tied up in this situation and no way in hell was she going to br allowed to be somewhere unsupervised until it was discovered what happened to her sire and who was actually responsible. That and the fact she as a new kindred had a lot to learn as to not bring doom to herself and the rest of them.

Thus before hitting the bed, Vanessa gave specific orders to be fulfilled during the day by her workers in the bar. While the bar was mostly working at night, during the day they still had working hours. Anyways her working people were doing maintenance and other similar tasks such as storage arrangements and supplies check. Now that Marni was placed in one of the stotages, they had to rearrange it and transfer all the thing to the other rooms.

By the time Marni was to leave her room, she was going to find the hall neatly packed with different cardboard wrapped thin things resembling assemble yourself furniture... yeah. There were a lot of packages there by her door including a wrapped up brand new matress. There were also other stuff like light fixtures and lamps and the like.

Veta was also there, she was busy helping out at the bar which had a lot of customers right now weirdly enough. Her smile brightened up right away when she spotted Marni leaving her room and she was carrying a big casket of beer." Hey, you finaly woke up!" She exclaimed happily, navigating her way through the sea of boxes in the hall." Your furniture arrived earlier today. So we will have the room cleared off storage and put into proper living condition later tonight while you are out and about!" The human stated while a shout was heard from the main bar hall for her to hurry up.

"Ahh sorry, got to go. We've got a lot of people for a change. There's a huge biker group passing through and they seemed to have stopped for a break. Vanessa said to inform you to go to her office when we see you moving about." The kine girl stated as she hurried on with her task. The noise of people could be heard from the direction of the bar hall.

Meanwhile in Vanessa's office she had long since woken up and taken a shower to freshen up. Then she started dealing with a lot of nonsense... among which collating the reports about the movements on Sabbat and Camarila forces. It was her job to hold a firm line in this area of the city as the owner of this Elysium. She was concerned... The Tobas case suggested that a massive plot was in the works and a possible traitor within their ranks. Maybe it was time to get some better weapons... She was pondering the procurement of tracer rounds for the guns of the local Anarch members." If only we had like 15 more dedicated fighters... holding the borders would have been so much easier... Hell we might have even regained some territory." She mumbled. As it stood there just weren't enough bodies to counter attack yet. Cammies and Sabbat could bring reinforcements easily... and then there was the fact those blasted sabbat weren't going to be hesitating to use the showelhead tactics if they wanted and needed to.

If only they could gain a single good engagement and manage to capitalize on it. A single Sabbat nest exterminated could turn the scales on that conflict. But then the Camarilla were going to get out of hands instead. They needed to oust both groups at nearly the same time... Her head was hurting. She had to talk with other anarch leading figures to organize a possible counter initiative. The Baron was still holding the fort, but unless they moved to an active role and not just defending and slowly losing ground, the city would be a lost cause. For how much longer would they have to bid t heir time and pray for a chance?
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Leaving the room, Marni found the hallway literally packed with boxes and items. A few of them she could see the Ikea logo stamped on the sides along with.. a wrapped mattress taking up a good chunk of the small passageway. As she stepped around.. and over boxes and packages, she tried to take note of what each was, trying to picture what it was all for. "What the hell..." she whispered to herself, her focus solely on all the furniture. So much so that she didn't even notice Veta until the human woman called out to her.

Marni looked up in surprise.. and felt some embarrassment at her memory of feeding on the girl and her brother the previous night. It was just.. weird and awkward, knowing that your food was actually a person and actually knowing them! Awkward but.. well, it was better than killing to survive. "Hi... Veta..." Marni answered slowly, giving an awkward smile of greeting. Yeah, it wasn't just the feeding that had been awkward but Veta's reaction to it, her.. enthusiasm. My furniture? she thought to herself and then sighed. Of course, Vanessa wasn't going to let her out of her sight so.. furnishing a room for Marni here was logical. Undesirable but logical. Play it cool, Marni, she told herself. Your chance will come eventually.

"Thanks." she added to Veta's comment about the items being set up and installed before the night was over, as the human was called by a customer in the bar. She took a glance out where the customers were, noticing that it did seem a fair bit busier than last night had been. And definitely louder. A lot louder. To the point of almost being rowdy. She added another thanks at being told where to find her new mentor. "Good luck with the crowds." she said as Veta whisked away.

She had to shuffle past all the furnishings yet again to get to where Vanessa's office was. She knocked on the closed door, then opened it when she heard Vanessa's reply to come in, then closed it behind her again, blocking out the louder din from back in the bar area, channelled by the hallways. "Mornin... um.. wait, I guess.. Evening? Evening, Vanessa." she greeted, frowning at how confusing the terms were now that she was nocturnal. "Veta told me you wanted me to come to you office when I woke up." she added, turning a curious look at the Brujah, wondering what the plan was for tonight.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Vanessa was having the struggle of dealing with damned paperwork and also planning and information reports. Hell she had to be informed of the situation every single day as much as she could be. As a person of some importance and influence here, she was at the position to affect the state of the city for the better or for worse with her actions. So far she had managed to keep her section of the realm as stable as possible. Sabbat invasion in her turf was halted, camarilla were made to behave and overall around her Elysium peace reigned supreme. She was glad with her acomplishment, but it wasn't enough. As soon as the status quo broke in the neighboring territories, hers was going to be suffering badly when the enemies could focus more of their power on her.

She wanted to just go on the offense, but she didn't have the excuse or the manpower to do so right now. Maybe if they took out Ditko, they could use the chance to rouse the forces of hte Anarchs and push back at the Sabbat. Anyways the Brujah's head snapped up as she heard Marni. She looked at the fledgeling and nodded." Yeah, we have work to do tonight too." She stated and stood up, running through her notes and pulling the one she needed." We did agree you need a weapon for self defense of some kind. We are going to go get you one. Already arranged it." The older vampire stated and picked her leather jacket." Might also pass by the grab you some new clothing on the way back." She added with a smile.

"Alright, also considering everything, might be a good idea to have you experience the weakness of your clan. The arms dealer we are heading to, also deals in rare antiquities... He has a painting I want too. It
s a great way to experience it yourself, as to not get surprised later when unattended."
She smiled and tucked her revolver in a holster underneath her armpit." Any questions?"
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Marni wasn't sure she liked the sound of having to do work... but, it had to be better than the wandering and rarely fruitful hunting she had been doing since her escape, right? And if it had something to do with bringing down whatever the creeps were that had killed the guy who had made her and then kidnapped her... even better. A smile broke out on her face at hearing that they were going to get her a weapon now. "Hell, yeah.." she muttered to herself. Just the thought of something that she could defend herself with made her feel safer already.

She glanced down at her outfit, about to ask what was wrong with it but.. damn, Vanessa was right. Marni had been living in the same get-up for months and.. well, the red shirt beneath her black denim vest was pretty bloodstained, thanks to her lack of knowledge of how to feed properly.. not to mention all the times being forced to lose control when she had been a captive. At least the red had disguised the blood somewhat, though despite the washing it had had in last night's rain storm.. yeah, Vanessa was right. It needed replacement at this point. Marni ran a hand back through her short hair. "Yeah, I guess I could use some." she agreed. Really didn't do to look this trashy, not when she had options now. Well, as long as Vanessa let her pick her own style anyways.

She froze, smile fading. Right.. Clan weaknesses. Vanessa had mentioned that last night too. What was it again? Something about art? Vanessa was right about this too, she supposed but.. anything termed a 'weakness' and the thought of wilfully succumbing to it around people who, despite the help already given, were still all essentially strangers to her made Marni just a little anxious. She pulled herself together, putting that anxiety to the side when Vanessa asked if there were any more questions. "Just one." she answered, forcing a confident smile on her face. "What are we standing around here for, then?" Despite being anxious, the excitement at the prospect of arming herself was winning.

( Can jump to arriving at the arms dealer or clothing place if you want. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Yes, that you need. Can't have a toreador in my care run around dressed like a gangrel. Your clan will make me the butt of all their jokes for a century at least." Vanessa said jokingly, well half jokingly at least." Anyway, I'm going ot be covering the bill, so you will just have to pick up what you want, really. There's no dress code we abide. Though many anarchs seem to be on the biker and rocker side of things. Comes with the style and culture I guess. It's not an obligation though, as you have seen." She shrugged. Frankly she herself liked jeans and or leathers because htey were sturdy and made for good protection while keeping clothing managable and mobile enough. Also it tended to look attractive.

"Alright, time to go." The Brujah stated as she waved for her charge to follow her." This time around I've prepared a proper transport." She said as she led Marni out the back door where there was a classic mustang waiting for them." No cabs tonight... saves time." She smiled as she hopped in the driver seat and once Marni had joined her, Vanessa sped away.

~~~~~~~~~~

About half an hour later, Vanessa and Marni had arrived at a certain clothing store that was currently closed... sort of. As soon as the brujah had knocked on the door, it was opened and the two were led into the rather big and fancy store. The clothing here varied on everything from sport to official and anything in between.

"Alright, I'm giving you a full freedom here." Vanessa stated and threw a learned look at Marni." Pick enough for a changes, can pick out more later. Also don't forget to chose a big jacket or a coat in addition." She whispered the later part of the sentence." You know what you need ot be able to hide..." She added as she left Marni to her own clothes' picking, while the Brujah herself went to browse the things too. In fact she had barely taken a few steps when she pulled a nice white shirt and lined it over herself in front of a mirror. Then by a single blink later and in her hand was also a skirt to pair with it.