Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Elysium - The Ghouls

Post by Keira Kelly »

Siobhan was still struggling to bring her mind fully awake and comprehend the situation before her as Claire began to... well... explain. Well, it wasn't the first time she'd taken statements, more or less, in the middle of the night and had to piece the information together while half-asleep. It seemed that it was pretty clear that everyone was just jumpy, understandably so, though Claire's obvious toying with the new guard probably wasn't really helping matters even if she thought it was harmless fun. Even if she couldn't hear what the mage whispered to Garred, the body language she displayed was clear enough.

She nodded at Claire's thought about avoiding a similar situation in the future. "Might be a good idea.." she agreed. "At least, until we can be sure of our security..." she added, glancing at the doorway missing it's most crucial element: a door. She felt.. vulnerable even with the two cops outside. At least until they could close themselves off from the outside world and lock it, it definitely would not be a good idea to falsely raise the alarm, even if only by accident.

Shiv might have found the whole hazing of the new guy a little bit amusing too in other circumstances but she was just too shaken up herself still from the day's events. She paused for a second, the power of the Blood within her coming to her attention. So long she had taken it for granted.. the past several months she had pined for it and now to have it back again was.. a relief. How she had missed it. Not only did she feel strong again and more confident, but... a lot of the aches and pain she had from giving birth had been taken away when she had healed herself from the injuries she had sustained during the attack as well. The Blood was just too good...

She tore herself away, back to her surroundings once more, as Claire left and the new guard began to speak to her. She sighed tiredly, then stiffled a yawn before answering. "It's not your fault, Garred." she assured him. "You were only doing your job and thanks for being so vigilant. I've been a cop for quite a while now; I know you have to act based only on a split second so know that I understand." She glanced off towards where the mage had gone. "I just hope it won't happen again.." She turned back to him. "Now, I really need to try to get a little bit of sleep... before my daughter decides to wake up hungry again..." she added with a wince. On that note, she put a hand on Luke's shoulder, drawing him back in the direction of their room. "Have a good night, Garred." she called back.

( Can skip to the morning if you want now or if you have anything else planned for this night, go ahead. )
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

~~~~~~~~~~ On the next day 6:47 AM ~~~~~~~~~~
Claire stretched in her chair as she yawned. The mage has been awake for about half an hour now, but hadn't actually left her room yet for a variety of reasons. Part to not wake anyone, part because she was waiting for the time to get bright enough and part just cause she liked a few more moments of silence to write in her big journal... no not a journal grimoire. She was writing down her own magical processess for this is how the magic actually worked, by one's understanding of the world and it's rules. Religious people could evoke magic by believe it will be a manifestation of a deity... some can start fire by believe they are gathering fire energy from the aether or whatever. Claire knew better... This world was turly a marvel, they had refined the laws of nature to a degree she never expected to be reached back in the day. She was reasonably sure that even molecular fusion was in reach with magic... although anything involving such scales and powers would be devastating and better left untouched.

"It's time to go and be active for the day~" Claire whistled to herself quietly as she stood from her desk and walked over to the clothe she had prepared for herself today. Slipping the robe away, she quickly changed into the looe shirt and tacksuit pants. Afterwards she nimbly slipped into the bathroom to wash her teeth and face before heading into the living room. Her first objective right away was to look at hte door and confirm nothign had happened htere, followed by looking about for Garred right away." Her loverboy, come here, I need to talk to you about something." Claire called mostly quietly with a smile.
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire
Clan: Lasombra
Fera Tribes: Bagheera
SM Chapter: Dark Angels
Sabbat Clan: Ravnos Antitribu

Post by Ghaz »

Garred was sitting on the sofa thinking about how last night was one of the weirdest nights he has ever had. He didn't know what to think of Claire but he wasn't planning on letting her get him distracted while hes working. Garred was tired but he wanted to wait to see if everyone was awake before he went to take a nap on the sofa. He went and looked through his phone just to see if he had any missed calls or text to pass the time. Garred occasionally walked around the house as quiet as he could so he didn't wake anyone but even if he did he was only doing his job.

When Garred heard Claire call him he looked in the general direction of where he heard her before sighing and thinking 'Do I really want to go and see what she wants or should I just pretend not to hear?' He slowly gets up and slowly walks over to where Claire had called him. Garred still kept up his guard even in his tired state to show that he is ready for anything to happen because he didn't want to disappoint his higher ups. Garred spoke out in a quiet voice saying "Do you have to call me that and is everything okay what do you need to talk to me about." Garred was trying to show that he wasn't tired but it still showed a little.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Siobhan lay awake as the early morning light came into her room, Luke still sleeping beside her and Talia having fallen asleep again not long before after another feeding. Shiv felt.. good, better than she had in months. She felt strong, full of energy and vitality. All the aches and pains of both the pregnancy and injury were gone and she revelled in that. The Blood was a miracle. How the hell she had ever stayed away from it for as long as she had was something she couldn't answer. Something she'd probably... never do again. Well... that depended but she wasn't planning on it anytime soon in any case. At least Keira hadn't turned her away when she had made that choice. That only increased the sense of devotion from the bond of the Blood. Hell, it was more than just devotion, she admitted. It was... a sense of love.. in some form, anyways. Artificial at the base of it but.. she didn't care. She had access to the Blood and the kindest Domitor. That was all that mattered.

Hearing muffled sounds out in the rest of the apartment through her bedroom door, she silently rolled out of bed, taking care not to wake Luke. She had kept him up half the night, another side effect of the Blood, though a positive one, she thought to herself smugly. Being up and having to feed Talia every few hours had left not much sleep for either of them as well but she was up and awake now and would let Luke and Talia sleep some more. She slipped on her housecoat and slippers before silently cracking open the door and heading out, closing it behind her. She made her way towards the common area, craving something else which she had long been denying herself: coffee! She stopped halfway down the shadowed hall, hearing an interchange between Claire and the new guard and she winced. She was fairly confident the mage was having some fun only but she hoped it wouldn't drive their new guest away, not when she knew that she didn't mind the help for once. She stayed quiet, listening to see what was going to go on between the two of them....
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

It took a few moments before the man finally seemed to show up by his own volition. It didn't really surprise Claire much, since she had a vague idea of what went in his head now when she called for him. Still she couldn't help, but notice the slight traces of fatigue that showed oh his face when he walked over. In comparison to him, Claire herself was rather fresh and chipper, ready to be active as possible today.

"Yes, I have to call you that, love." She replied with a smile at his amusing questions. He still seemed somewhat flustered by how she treated him last night. In her mind this was a good thing! He was fun to mess with and she was not going to stop now... in true Toreador fashion fun things such as messing with people had to continue until all amusement to be had was had!

"Yes, for now everything is fine. Listen I have to leave in a little while." She replied with serious voice, throwing a look at the empty doorway." The building crew that's to instal the new doorframe and the metal door I ordered will be arriving not too far from now." She explained, pulling ehr phone and looking at the time." That said, I've also ordered a custom locks from another place. Since I do not trust these guys, I've called the new lock and keyes from a very trusty source. I will return with those soon enough, but just remind the door crew to remove the ones that came with the door..." She stated, pulling a business card." Here, this's my number in case something happens." She handed it over, heading to the doorway to put on her shoes and head out." Also there's coffee in that cupboard..." She added before leaving pointing Garred at the location of the precious drink." Get some before the lack of rest starts showing any more." She finally stated and left, greeting the cops by the outside of the door.

Ordering the door and locks from different sources was a rather curious decision that kind of spoke of paranoia. Claire would have normally agreed with that, but considering the fact her most dear friend and her friend's daugther were at danger here, she'd spare no expense be it paranoid even.
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire

Post by Ghaz »

Garred listened to Claire's answer before thinking 'I really wished she wouldn't call me that.' He continued to listen to the women and looked at the door when she said they were bringing a new one. When he heard that he should tell the door crew to take off the lock from the door since she ordered a new one. He looked back at Claire giving her a nod and taking her business card and looking at it before putting the business card in his wallet for emergencies. 'Ill put the number in my phone later' he thought to himself. When she told him where the coffee was he looked at the cupboard then watched her leave.

Garred walked over to the cupboard and began to make the coffee that he so desperately needed to keep on staying awake. While he waited for the coffee to finish he took out his phone and answered any messages he might have missed while staying up all night. Garred sighed as he waited for the coffee and soon he began to yawn. Garred was waiting impatiently for the coffee so he could feel wide wake but to him it was taking forever to make. Garred looked at the hole on the wall that he made when he slammed Claire against it saying "Why did she have to walk around like that last night?"
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Siobhan shook her head to herself as she listened covertly to Claire. As amusing as it must be to haze the new guy, they kind of needed his loyalty right now. That and they didn't need any more holes put through the wall because the mage pushed too far in her teasing. She sighed as she pulled her housecoat tighter around herself and headed out to the main open area of the apartment after Claire had left. She didn't do that so much out of modesty around the new guy but more because the two cops at the door, cops she knew and had to work with. She walked up behind Garred in the kitchen, close enough to be congenial but no more than that.

The smell that was coming from the counter caught her attention quickly. Her two vices, her two addictions.. coffee and vitae... Both would be sated today at the same time. Finally. She took a deep breath of the coffee smell. "There had better be enough for me too!" she said, half in jest from being Garred. "It almost done?" she added hopefully. "By the way, I'd like to... um... apologize for Claire... for last night.. She had a very different upbringing..." she tried to explain but keep it vague. "Her social manners are.. different than normal. I hope it's nothing you can't handle..." She gave a bit of a shrug. "Just.. don't let her get to you with her teasing." she advised. "Now, is there anything else you'll be needing here? My master is your master's boss so I'm sure I can help if you do..."

( Guessing there probably won't be much going on during the day, can have Claire get home just as they are finally installing the new door. Josh, if you want to post first in response to Siobhan, go ahead, if not, we can probably skip to Claire getting home. )
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire

Post by Ghaz »

While Garred was waiting for the coffee until he looked around seeing Siobhan but turned his attention back to the coffee. He listened to her before saying in a somewhat tired voice "I pretty sure there is enough for the both of us and yeah its almost done." While the coffee was finishing he gave the entrance a quick glance before turning his attention back to the coffee thinking 'Sometimes even the quickest things can take for ever.'

He continued to listen to her intently before saying "You don't have to apologize for anything and don't worry what ever she decides to do to mess with me I can handle it." Garred turned and looked at Siobhan saying "Thank you but I don't need anything at the moment but if something comes up I will let you know." Garred didn't know what to think of Claire but he knew he was going to have to do something to get her to stop so he can focus more on his job without the concern of having another incident happen. Garred severed Siobhan some coffee then served himself saying to himself "I hope today isn't going to be a long day."
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

Time flew fast and unnoticible as a woodpecker towards a woodworks warehouse and soon Claire found herself heading back towards her home again... The people living there had increased yet again and it had been quite the excitement so far! Granted not always in the good way, but one way or another she wondered exactly how long they could keep this going. The apartment had enough space for now which was good, but they were reaching the limit already. She just ran a mental check. Shiv, Luke, Garred and herself they were four adults and then tehre was little Talia. Yeah this was about the amount of people their place could take.

She returned at the building in the afternoon, carrying quite the big box with the new locks for the door. Even just arriving on the floor, she could see the building crew at work, changing hte doorframe and fixing the walls anew." Good..." She noticed the locks were taking off the door." Alright htat's even better. Here's the new one." She stated, dropping it next to the workers and hopped through the work in progress.

"How did you all pass your day?" She called once inside, taking off her shoes and pulling a big keychain from her pocket." I've got the new keys..."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

As Garred turned back to the coffee machine, Siobhan gave him a hard look. If Keira trusted him here, then so did she.. but the guy was odd. He was polite but cold.. even distracted. The first she could live with.. the latter, well, he was here as extra protection and if he was distracted, what was the point of him being here. Now that she was back to feeling herself again, feeling strong, Shiv would just keep an eye on the big guy over the coming days and see how things went. The coffee maker clicking off and beeping distracted her from her thoughts, just one taking over: coffee!! She held herself back enough to let Garred get his cup-full first. Once he was finished, she stepped up, grabbing the pot and pouring it into her own mug, breathing in the delicious smell....

WAAAHHHHH!! came from back in her bedroom. Shiv sighed. She'd hoped to at least get a cup before Talia woke up but of course not.. She pushed her cup to the back of the counter. Maybe she'd get it later.... she told herself as she gave Garred a weary look and then headed back to her bedroom. Inside, Luke was up, moving towards the crib, looking like he wasn't even quite awake yet. She told him to head back to sleep as she cut him off and picked up Talia. He had work in a few hours and might as well get as much sleep as he could. Even despite the Vitae, neither of them had been sleeping well for a while... at least Siobhan had the option of taking a nap at home today and she suspected that she would definitely be doing that...

------------------------------------

It was afternoon when Claire returned. Siobhan was lying on the couch in the main sitting room, quietly watching the TV with a sleeping Talia lying on her chest. Even despite the noise of the workmen on the door, the baby somehow managed to sleep through it. Of course, she would sleep through this but any little sound during the night and she was up and crying. At hearing the mage's voice, she craned her neck as best she could to look back at the doorway without shifting her body and waking her daughter up. Talia seemed to like to sleep like this though, on the rise and fall of Shiv's breathing.

"Hey." she replied to Claire, while trying to keep her voice somewhat low. "Today was quiet, thankfully. Luke's at work, probably till after midnight... so it's just been me, Talia and Garred for most of the day." She looked around for the bouncer but didn't see him. Probably gone to the washroom or watching the workers or something. That was one thing Shiv's hadn't really expected: the excess of energy from fresh Vitae. She wanted to get up, run around, shed some of it but.. she couldn't. It was kind of frustrating. She find some way, one way or another to deal with it though. "How was your day?" she asked in return. Saying that did just make her miss her own work though... It would be a good while before she could really go back...

( Not sure where Garred would be right now so.. can just bring him back from whatever he was doing or something? )