Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Re: Elysium - The Ghouls

Post by Keira Kelly »

Siobhan nodded as Claire explained that the apartment was going to be guarded. She once would have railed at the thought that she needed protection.. but now.. now she would take whatever she could get as long as it meant her daughter would be safe. The loss of the abilities she had had as a thrall meant that Shiv couldn't stand up against certain parties anymore.. So, yeah, she welcomed the support this time. She winced, half in some pain, half at the time that Claire said it would take. "Try not too take too long?" she asked, hoping that the mage could cut that estimate down a bit. She knew though that it would take as long as it took and Claire probably would have little say in that.

When Claire had gone, the tech guys and most of the other cops that had shown up left as well, leaving only a small detail at the door.. and Shiv's two co-workers, detectives Roberto and Grahame who were sitting on the couch in the main area of the apartment, watching tv. They had refused to leave despite the additional officers guarding the place. Siobhan asked Luke to look after Talia while she went to go clean up. Bringing her towel and a change of clothing with her to the washroom, once inside she locked the door and stripped off her bloody clothing before inspecting her own injuries. One whole side of her ribs was a bruised mess.. She hadn't admitted to anyone but she was pretty sure there were some broken ribs there. It was definitely painful to breath. But she had gotten away with far less than she probably should have given the odds.... She turned on the water, easing herself into the stream to get the rest of the blood, mostly from the one thug, off.

-------------------

Keira was in her office, a rare event... doing some dreaded paperwork. Usually she avoided the stuff, passing it off to Anna but in this instance, it was a necessity that she do it herself. Unfortunately. She was startled out of her inner monologue of cursing the stacks of papers before her by her cell phone's ring. She pulled it out to glance at the I.D. and was surprised to see the name. This one had not made contact with Keira often... had no reason to. Keira's brow furrowed, wondering what reason Mirella's thrall would have for phoning Keira directly. She accepting the call and put the phone to her ear. It was most definitely the mage, the one staying with Keira's thrall.. assuming that Keira knew what was going on. Well, it wouldn't do to acknowledge her total lack of knowledge on the matter. "Of course I have." she replied. "No, don't come to the club." she ordered. "I'll head to Siobhan's apartment. Meet me there with this explanation." she said before quickly hanging up the phone. She really didn't know what was going on but she'd find out soon enough... Whatever it was, it was urgent and if her thrall needed to speak to her immediately, well... she trusted the police detective's instincts.

-------------------

It hadn't exactly been easy for Keira to get Cy to remain behind at the club but Keira had somehow managed to finally convince the Malkavian that he wouldn't be needed. And so, Keira arrived at the thralls' apartment alone. With her hat, sunglasses despite it being after dark, and large coat, she was more or less unrecognizable from afar. It wouldn't do to be recognized by either rivals, enemies nor by Kine who had once known of her but the disguise seemed to have worked once again, as it had many times before. As she exited the elevator on the appropriate floor, the timing of her arrival was perfect. The mage roommate was just headed towards the door of the apartment. The other thing Keira noticed is there WAS no door.. but two police officers stationed on either side of the vacant doorway instead.

The mage was in police uniform... yes, Mirella had told Keira of this a while back. "Officer Wintersun..." she called out as she strove to catch up to the mage thrall. It would be easier getting the young woman to vouch for her than trying to reason her way past these other officers on apparent guard duty. She gave a look at the two, then the missing door and then squarely at Claire. "I think perhaps we had better have a discussion, an explanation.. somewhere more private.... And I must speak to Siobhan...." she added pointedly.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Post by rivaan »

"I understand, Miss Kelly. I will meet you there." Claire replied as she was told what Keira planned to do and quickly drove off back towards their home. She was really starting to get annoyed of bad people raiding her home, injurying her closest people. This was going to be dealt with properly... as the enemies were beyond the jurisdiction of law, they were going to be dealt with beyond law of men... to the law of the universe. Every action... has an oposite and equal in power reaction... Though in their case the reaction was going to be a lot stronger than the action. She was going to make it that those fools who did that to Shiv and Talia, were not going to be found by anyone anymore... when she was done with them, there were not going to be even remains left behind!

-----------------------------------------------

"Ahhh. miss Kelly..." Claire said as she heard the voice of the kindred. She nodded and turned to her colleagues guarding the doorway." It's okey, fellas. She's a friend of Shiv, she's clear to enter." She said to the cops on guard duty and she led Keira inside." Shiv's room is overthere. She'd be happy to see you." She said with a smile and looked at the living room..." I need to deal with some unfortunate guests in the meantime so you can have a proper chat in peace." She added, throwing a nod at Shiv's colleagues who were also present.

With that done, she walked over to the detectives." Hey you two, see you also decided to stay! Good more the people, better the chance to beat the hell out of anything that enters through the doorway with bad intend!" She stated and went to pull a cold bottle of water from teh fridge." Did they find anything when they searched the surrounding area?" She asked.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Keira could well see the looks she was getting from all the other police officers that seemed to be guarding the apartment. She could imagine what she looked like, tussled up, sunglasses and all after dark. There was nothing inconspicuous about her appearance.. but at least she wasn't outright recognizable. She also could imagine what sort of rumours might spread about this. It didn't really matter though.

As she was led through the obviously broken doorway, she could see the blood that covered a portion of the floor. Whatever body might have lain there, and there had to have been with that amount of blood, had been since taken away. She could smell the blood in the air and her mouth watered at the scent. She did need to feed soon.. But that could come later. More important things first. She did not even know whose blood that was all over the floor. A quick glance around the common area of the apartment showed that the thrall she sought was not there.. Without any direction from Mirella's thrall, Keira had to assume that Siobhan was likely in one of the bedrooms. She gave a nod of gratitude towards Claire before heading in that direction.

---------------------------------------------

The two older detectives from Siobhan's division both looked over at the rookie cop coming over to them. They knew who she was having met her a few times but they didn't know Claire well. They tried to detect if there was any sarcasm in the young woman's tone, a common thing amongst the force, but she seemed sincere enough in her statement to them. Grahame scratched at his head while Roberto answered. "Well, you see here, rookie, Shiv keeps going and getting herself in these messes. She really needs some muscle to keep an eye on her, it seems..." he said.

"Robbie... did you see what she did to the one guy? Shiv can definitely take care of herself..." Grahame interrupted.

Roberto looked over at his partner in silence for a moment. "Well... yeah..." he admitted before looking back at Claire. "But cops never leave one of their own hanging. So here we are and here we will stay for the time being." He shook his head in answer to Claire's following question. "Not really. I mean, it's not winter yet so no snow to follow. Might be some blood trails but not always the easiest thing to follow in the dark." he explained. "There was no homicide.. I mean, self-defence isn't homicide, so the case doesn't fall to us but to the guys that deal with home invasions. They'll be looking into finding video from wherever they can around here in the coming days... I'll promise you this: you guys will find out whatever we can find out..."

-------------------------------

Keira entered the doorway of the master bedroom. Siobhan and Luke sat upon the bed talking quietly together, the young doctor holding Siobhan's child. It would have made for a touching scene without Siobhan beginning to bruise up on her face. It didn't take more than a moment before the Kindred's presence was noticed and both Kine turned to look at her. Keira finally took the time to remove her glasses and unbutton her coat as she gave Luke a look. "Would you please excuse us for a few minutes?" she asked. The tone she used was polite but it was clear that it was not a request.

Keira wasn't his master so Luke turned to look at Shiv, a silent plea to argue on his behalf but Siobhan just shook her head almost imperceptibly towards him. "Give me a minute, Luke. Please." she replied in her own plea. "Just take Talia. It will be fine, I promise." she added.

Luke nodded slowly, unsure, but.. he couldn't really think of any objections. "We'll be right outside." he said, leaving and taking the baby with him.

When it was just the two of them, Keira closed the bedroom door for some added privacy. There were too many Kine outside that could overhear. She left her coat on a dresser top near the door and came over to sit on the edge of the bed beside the Kine detective woman. She was itching to know what had gone on, why Siobhan had called her but that could wait a moment. "How are you, my dear?" she asked.

Siobhan still looked shaken up. She still was... With how close those guys had gotten to her daughter.. what could have happened... It most definitely had shaken her. "I'm.. okay.." she lied, trying her best to hide the fear and the pain that remained.

It didn't take a genius to see the falsehood of the statement. "No, you're not.." Keira interrupted.

"All right, no, I'm not." Shiv admitted. There were very few people she would admit weakness to. "Those animals came in here to kidnap me because they knew I was connected with you..." she explained, having to pause every so often to hold her breath to keep the pain in her ribs at a manageable level. "They were going to take me.. and Talia, my daughter as bargaining chips... Who knows what they might have done to her..." she trailed off. "I fought back, killed one of them, wounded the other when he went for Talia.. enough that he took off..."

Keira's brow furrowed in further concern. "They knew who I am?" She could see the Kine woman was in pain but relieving that would take a bit of time and she needed to find out what this story was now. "What did they say? Who were they?"

Shiv shook her head. "Don't know. They knew I was the Prince's thrall... and wanted to take me back to their master. They said I'd get what's coming to me when they did.. I don't know what they meant.." she explained.

"Hmm.. This is worrisome..." Keira muttered, half to herself as she mulled over whom this other party might be, this other master. Kindred, to be sure but it was impossible to tell anything else just yet. "Can we identify the one that was killed?" she asked.

Shiv's energy reserves were running out at this point so she struggled to nod. "They took the body to the morgue. Will I.D. it.. You have people there, right?" she asked, sort of rhetorically. "I just wasn't strong enough.. barely stopped them..."

Keira frowned in sympathy. "We will find out who did this, I promise you this. They will be harshly dealt with." She regarded Siobhan quietly for a moment before she reached out, gently prodding the other woman in the ribs through her shirt. Siobhan gasped sharply even at the smallest touch. Keira's medical knowledge kicked in. "You have broken ribs.. Perhaps other injuries?" she accused. It was obvious enough to her. "Siobhan, you know I still leave this purely your choice and I do know that you had said you wished some time still, but I offer you my vitae once more..."

Siobhan's eyes fixed on Keira upon hearing those words. She wanted the blood. God, she wanted it... it had been so long... All the willpower she had built up over the past months to resist the urge to go back, even to beg for it, was crumbling. The only reason she hadn't yet gone back was that she had worried about breastfeeding her daughter.. If that vitae could somehow make it's way through to Talia... but... even if, there were ways around that... She couldn't think of a single reason not to accept the offer. She only resisted the urge to drop to her knees now desperately accepting... She managed to hold onto that sheer veneer of dignity.. barely. The pain in addition to everything else threatened to destroy even that.

Even so, she found herself nodding vigorously. "Yes, I want it.." she said with a strained voice. "I definitely want it.. I need it..." She just couldn't keep that desperation out of her voice. She couldn't help it. Now that the temptation was before her, any more delays and she would lose all self-control. Thankfully Keira didn't draw it out any longer...

The Toreador parted her lips, displaying fangs that were not normally present, as she brought her own wrist up to her mouth and then used the ends of one of those sharp, pointed teeth to draw through the skin, causing a semi-deep wound. As she took a moment to move close to the Kine woman, she allowed blood to begin to seep to the surface. Keira brought the now bleeding wrist up to Siobhan, presenting it. "Then you shall have it..." she said. "Drink then, heal.." she added.

Siobhan didn't hesitate, grabbing the wrist and pressing it to her mouth as she fed greedily. How she had missed the taste of the Blood... how she had pined for it for months... And now.. now that she had it, it felt like she couldn't get enough of it! Too soon, Keira took it away once more though. Without even realize it, Shiv grabbed for the arm once more but Keira gave her a small rebuff, enough to bring the cop once more to her senses. "I didn't mean..." she began, fearful now.

Keira merely smiled understandingly. "Think nothing of it." she replied. "Heal yourself now.. or at least what you need to.." she added, reminding the thrall to keep the visible bruising as it would likely have already been photographed for evidence.

Shiv nodded, feeling the once more familiar feeling of the Blood suffusing her body, giving her strength. How to use it to heal came back to her easily and she employed it, at least allowing the broken ribs and anything else internal to heal. She took a big breath, relieved that it came without the sharp, stabbing pains now. She couldn't even describe how much better she felt now; even the fatigue of the past few days seemed to be gone. "Keira.. I don't know how I can ever thank you..." she began.

Keira waved it off. "Not necessary. You've been of great assistance to me since you first came into my.. employ." she said. "Perhaps I should be thanking you. But come, let us return to your friends and colleagues." she said, standing up, making sure the thrall was following her as she headed out into the common area of the apartment, where Claire, Luke with the baby and the two detectives were.

As Siobhan followed, she could feel her subconscious focusing on the Kindred woman in front of her. She knew.. knew now that it was because of the Blood. She hadn't cared about that at all but.. knowing it objectively and feeling it at the same time were.. a bit confusing. It didn't matter though. She had what she wanted. Arriving where the others were, she took Talia from Luke as she glanced over at Claire. "Is there anything else I can do to help?" she asked. "Hear anything yet?"
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

“Hmmm, well glad to have you two here.” Claire replied with a smile in the end with sincere voice.” I doubt whoever was behind this will try something again right away, but it never hurts to be too careful.” She stated with a nod to herself.” Now if you two excuse me, I have some measurements to take… that door needs replacement. Metal replacement…” Claire stated and walked to one of the drawers, pulling a ruler from it to take the door’s dimensions. She was going to be ordering a metal door tonight and have it installed tomorrow or the day after at latest. Now that Shiv was found out and people knew to target her, there was going to be a need to change some things.’ Next time someone tries to force their way in… well they will have to work for it.’

Claire had just finished taking up the door’s measurements and ordering the new one when Shiv and Keira left the bedroom. The cop smiled and walked to her friend and the vampire.

“No, Shiv, it’s alright.” The mage stated and looked about the place.” Nothing you can or should help with…” She started and right away noticed a certain… let’s say air about Shiv. The way she stood, the way she breathed. Her body appeared energized, healthier. As Claire was the same, she realized it right away, her friend had drank Keira’s blood again. She nodded and smiled non the less.” You should focus on resting and taking care of Talia for now. Leave the chores about the place to us for now.” She added, since the crimescene was already processed, most of the blood was already cleaned… most. There was still a lot to be done though, a thing Claire was going to take care in a little while.

“Nothing new actually.” The mage replied to Shiv’s second question.” The police had troubles following a scattered trail at night, but I’m guessing the men had transport to begin with. I doubt they would have tried to abduct you without one. I will see tomorrow if something was found on the security tapes around the area. Still I have a hunch about this… if it turns out what I think it may be, the guy who attacked Shiv and survived would probably turn up dead somewhere so he cannot speak.” She stated, suspecting this was connected to the morgue break in.

“Anyway, the new door is arriving tomorrow afternoon - heavy metal door along with reinforced frame. The work crew will install it on the spot with a additionally ordered secure lock.” The mage stated.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Siobhan listened to Claire's current report on what was going on, trying to keep objective about it. She kept switching between the fear, the adrenaline of the break-in and feeling almost like it had happened to someone else. That she wasn't in pain anymore only served to add to that latter aspect. She nodded. She had been to enough crime scenes such as this that she knew the pace they usually kept. Daylight would be when it sped up. She gave Claire a bit of a sharp look when the mage said the surviving thug would likely end up dead. While it was true, if any other cops overheard, it could be interpreted as a motive. "We'll see.." Shiv said in response. "Hopefully not. We want answers..." Some of that was a lie though. The Kindred and thralls wanted answers but they couldn't allow those answers to fall into the hands of the normal human cops. That could lead to bad places for both sides. Suddenly, Talia made a sound in Luke's arms, reminding Shiv that she had other responsibilities too now.

Keira watched aloofly as the Kine detective retrieved her child from her thrall partner. The aloofness wasn't because of a lack of understanding of the gesture but more because of it; the Toreador would never have that, never have a child, and the bit of envy that caused was something she knew she would always carry. The only thing she could do was distance herself emotionally from it and attempt to ignore it.

Instead, she turned her attention to the two male detectives sitting at a table nearby before looking at both Claire and Siobhan. "I am sure your colleagues will no longer be necessary here." she said. She hadn't meant it disdainfully.. not really.. but it did come across like it. Well, maybe she had meant it. What she had in mind for protection was far more than what two over the hill, normal Kine could compare to. "I'll bring in my own security for the present." she told them. The two male detectives were giving her looks as she had made no efforts to lower her voice. On top of that, they were getting up now, obviously to argue to the point....

"Hey, lady.. We are Shiv's friends and damn good cops. We protect our own." one of them said angrily.

That did not move Keira in the slightest. She merely gave them a dry look. "And who will watch over MY friends here while you are off BEING said good cops?" she asked pointedly.

That stopped both of them. The one that hadn't said anything yet now spoke up. He turned to the other. "She's got a point.. We can't be here twenty-four, seven... And with our case loads now that we are already down Shiv in the department..."

The first one stood silent for a long moment. "Well.. damn. That is a good point..." He looked at Keira, then at Siobhan. "Shiv, we can have a couple uniforms sit on your door for a while instead so I'll leave the decision up to you." he said, clearly not trusting of whatever security the strange woman had mentioned.

Shiv smiled at her colleagues as she held Talia. "Guys, I really couldn't have expected more from you.. but your shifts are over. You should go home and get some sleep. I don't need anyone diverted here that would be better on the streets doing their job. We will get good security here, you can count on that. This won't happen again.." she said defiantly. At least, it was a bluff of defiance. Probably the only thing keeping her going right now was the Blood, the only thing keeping her from being a nervous wreck. Well, that and the fact that Keira was here now...

The one male detective nodded finally. "Okay. I don't want to leave you here though without a door or protection so we will stay until it arrives." he said adamantly.

Shiv turned to look at Keira, about to ask when the Kindred could arrange for whatever this protection was, but the Kindred woman was already on her cell phone. She gave a look back at the other detectives, silently asking for a moment, before looking back to Keira. She would have to wait.

No time like the present, Keira had thought as she had pulled out her phone and dialed in a number. "Tiny.." she said when her head of club security picked up. "It's me. I need someone to watch my.. friend. Someone who is able to be here all day and night..." she explained. Tiny, being Kindred as well, would understand. "Cushy job, hopefully not too eventful... open-ended... Just need them to be live in for the span..." she added. The Head of Security pondered for a few moments before finally suggesting a name to her. Keira smiled just a little. Someone in her employ already and, in fact, Tiny's own protege... currently a thrall as well. "Perfect." she responded. "Send him over ASAP." she ordered, giving Tiny the address before she hung up and put away the phone. She looked at the others who seemed to be watching her. "A bodyguard will be arriving shortly." she informed them.

----------------------------------------------

Tiny, the Brujah, put away his phone and began scanning the darkened club. There he was... He caught the thrall, HIS thrall's eye and crooked a finger, waiting until the Kine thrall came over. "Garred," he said using the thrall's surname, "got a new job for you. The boss lady needs someone to be a bodyguard for a while. I told her you'd be up for it." he said, eyeing the younger man. "I know you can use the extra pay, and it will pay good, very good.... You'll be given accommodations to stay at and it's a 'round the clock protection gig, though I can arrange for a break every so often for you... I know you've been wanting to put your name out there... well, Garred, this will do that for you. This is high-profile among those like me..." he said heavily. "You want the job?" he asked. "Do me proud. Here's the address." he said, giving Phillip Garred the location. "They need you as soon as you can get over there."
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire
Clan: Lasombra
Fera Tribes: Bagheera
SM Chapter: Dark Angels
Sabbat Clan: Ravnos Antitribu

Post by Ghaz »

Garred was doing his usual routine when working until he looked around and saw his Domitor looking at him. Garred thought 'I wonder what this could be about.' He approached his Domitor when he explained what Garred would have to do. Garred listened intently to the job his Domitor was giving him. When he heard his Domitor tell him the pay would be good he knew and his Domitor knew he needed the money to help his family. When his Domitor asked if he wanted the job he said "Of coarse." Garred received the information he needed for the job and gave his Domitor a nod before leaving immediately since he needed to be there as soon as possible. He left The Rose and Thorn going to his motorcycle putting on his helmet and his jacket before taking off to his destination.

Garred soon reached his destination slowly parking his motorcycle wherever he can and takes off his helmet holding it. He walks into the building towards the room with the broken door and the two cops outside. He thinks to himself 'well did I miss the party or is this the reason I'm here?' He walks towards the cops and says "I'm expected inside" One of the cops calls inside and soon Garred hears a female voice answer from inside and soon the cops allows him inside. Once he enters the room he looks around seeing the blood on the ground and soon his boss. He approaches his boss and says "you called for me boss."
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

“Hmmm…” Claire made a amused/curious questioning sound as Keira informed them that a bodyguard was arriving shortly. That was good, while Claire herself was at home it was fine, but since she too had to work they indeed needed an extra hand in guarding Shiv right now. At least while there was some mysterious evil persona targeting her friend. Once that person was taken care of things would get better though now that Shiv had a weak point in the face of Talia, they were going to have to protect the child near constantly as well for the future.”I wonder what sort of person said bodyguard will be~” The mage finally smirked, walking over to pour herself a glass of water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually soon enough the supposed bodyguard arrived. From the moment he stepped into their home, Claire’s eyes were locked on him, studying his very moves as he walked. He right away greeted Keira which was normal considering how things stood so the mage smiled.

“So you’re the bodyguard?” She asked, walking over to him and studying him from head to the toes.” You sure look capable enough… guess you will do nicely! What’s your name?” She asked, extending an arm for a handshake.” My name’s Claire.” She introduced herself, but even at this very moment a certain plan was already being cooked up in her head. She needed her pajamas… also that sacrificial dagger mounted on her wall. And maybe her unfinished book with the fun gothic scarlet and black coveres.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

While they waited, Keira chatted with the Kine around her, trying to glean more details of the attack while still being aware of the two outsider detectives nearby. It was nice being around the.. living, as opposed to unliving, like this. It almost allowed her to feel like one of them again. The same as they. Almost. Wouldn't it be nice to live a normal life, she thought to herself before she paused. What was normal, anyways though... It wasn't as if she had led a typical, average lifestyle before her Embrace either so what did she really know of it other than a romantic ideal of the serenity living like an average person. Now that she thought on it, she highly doubted her notion of the average was even close to the reality. Well, things were as they were and there was no changing that in the end anyways. She was Kindred.. and a Prince and that was that.

That thought caused her to glance once more at the two male Kine, the colleagues of Siobhan, with a hint of dismissal. She wanted them to leave, partially because they limited what could be spoken and partially.. because she still feared risking the chance of being recognized by Kine. She turned her face at an oblique angle away from them, harder for them to really get a good look at her features as she talked to the thralls. Her era of popularity was receding into history but... it still wasn't that long ago for those of the middle age, as these men were, not to mention her disappearance was still sometimes brought up elsewhere as well, as she had seen on the news here and there over the years. And she HAD been tracked down before.. at least once. Marie had found her and that meant Keira had slipped up somewhere and had been recognized. If her old friend had been able to find her... well, it was something she had to guard against more lest the tracker be someone undesirable or worse.

Finally, she heard voices from outside in the hall and a man was let inside. Recognizing him, a hint of smile betrayed itself at one corner of her mouth until she schooled it away. She was pleased though, that protection had arrived. The man tracked over to her, the one person he actually knew there. Keira gave him a nod in response to his greeting but before she could say anything, the mage spoke up instead, eyeing up the Brujah thrall as a cat might a new person into its home, almost as an intruder that needed to be interrogated to determine their intentions. It was.. amusing at least. To her, anyways.

Once the security man was vetted, Keira wasn't going to waste any more time. "Mr. Garred, thank you for coming. Tiny did explain the requirements for this job, yes?" she asked. "This is a twenty-four / seven gig. I need you here at all times, living here until such a time we deem the situation safe again." she explained. She pointed out towards what remained of the door and blood stains. "I am sure you can tell from what you passed upon entry that this will likely not be a lark of a gig either... On the other hand, I am paying handsomely. Three times what you make per hour at the club... But neither I.. nor, more importantly to you, Tiny are ordering you to accept this job." She gave him a sharp look. She wanted to be sure he understood the danger and gravity of the situation before accepting. "This is voluntary. If you say no, I'll find someone else.. but Tiny assured me that you are the best person for the job. The choice is yours whether you would like to accept it."

She turned finally back to the two male detectives, still sitting nearby at a table. "Thank you, gentlemen, for remaining but I think we should be sorted now." Garred wasn't committed to the job just yet but.. with him here and the number of thralls plus a Kindred, two over-the-hill cops were not going to make much of a difference should a supernatural attack occur. She watched their eyes track over to Siobhan questioningly. They were not taking orders from some woman that they didn't know, it seemed. Loyal... irksome to Keira, but they were loyal at least. She had to give them that.

Siobhan was swaying slightly, holding Talia, trying to keep the child calm when the tension in all the adults was through the roof. The baby was just on the edge of crying, making little whimpers. She was picking up on Shiv's nerves and though Shiv was trying everything she could think of to keep her daughter calm, trying to bottle her own emotions... well, she could only hide so much. She was still pretty badly shaken up. She kissed Talia's head lightly before she turned to her colleagues. "It's all right guys. I'll call in to the office in a day or two to check in and let you know that everything's all right. Thanks for watching out for us though..." she said sincerely. Normally, she'd have ribbed them about something... hiding the gratitude under sarcasm or friendly insults but.. she just didn't feel up to it at that moment. She was tense.. but it was more than just that... She felt, unsettled. She could already feel the beginnings of the pull of the Blood she had recently consumed. It as weak but it was still there, the yearning hover at the very edges of her consciousness... It had been so long between the feedings and right this moment, she was having trouble thinking of anything but the next time Keira gave her some more of the Blood...

Once the two Kine men had left, Keira gave an approving nod at being able to talk a little more freely now, though with no door, she had to make sure her voice would not carry out to the police still stationed in the hallway. "Mr. Garred, what this job entails is protecting my charges here. Siobhan, Luke and their daughter, Talia and, of course, Claire here." she said, acknowledging that the mage had already introduced herself. She gave Garred another look. "With the exception of the child, they are all just as you are..." she told him, knowing he would understand that she meant thralls. "Ah, you ask yourself why so many thralls would need the protection of one?" she asked, keeping her voice low enough for their circle. "Luke and Claire work, while at present, Siobhan will be here with her daughter." She didn't say outright that Siobhan and the child were the important ones to protect but it was implied. "You will be here to watch over them if you agree to this job. So now, do you choose to volunteer or not?" she asked.
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire
Clan: Lasombra
Fera Tribes: Bagheera
SM Chapter: Dark Angels
Sabbat Clan: Ravnos Antitribu

Post by Ghaz »

Before his boss could answer a women approached him and began introducing herself as Claire. He shook her hand before turning his attention back to his boss. He listened to his boss tell him what he needed to do before answering "Yes he did explain to me the requirements." He looked at the broken door and the blood as his boss pointed to them and thought to himself 'I wonder how many people broke in and why they did this.' Garred knew how to protect himself and if he had to he knew how to protect others and trying to take them out of dangers way. He listened intently to his boss while she was explaining that this job is voluntary and then he listened as she told the other men in the room that they could leave. While he was waiting for them to leave he looked around the room. 'This is a pretty nice apartment' he thought to himself. He was use to living in a small apartment with his girlfriend something really small but comfortable for just the two of them. He looked back at the boss when the two men left and listened intently to the boss telling him who he had to protect. He glance at the women who introduced herself as Claire and then to the others before turning back to the boss.

When the boss asked him if he would volunteer he analyzed everyone in the room and then back to his boss saying "Ill do it boss don't worry about anyone here they all are under my protection until you inform me otherwise." He looks at everyone and says "Its nice you meet you and if didn't hear my boss my name is Garred so if you need help with anything just ask and I will try my best to help." He was use to helping people and just keeping order in the club but this was going to be different then any other job he has had but he wasn't going to let his Domitor or his Boss down. He began to wonder how long this job was going to be before he ends up back at the club. He looks at the boss saying "Just so I know will I need to send reports and if so to who?" He looks back at the others questioningly saying "Should I be expecting anymore guests tonight or is everyone already here wouldn't want to hurt anyone by mistake?" He looks at the women asking "Everything will be alright soon but in the meantime can you tell me what happened?" Garred wanted to figure out what happened and if she had any idea why these people attacked her.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

“Hmmm... “ Claire continued to study the man as he introduced himself and accepted the job. He seemed quite cautions right away, judging by the way his eyes studied the surroundings and them. 'Good, being cautions is quite a good thing for him.' Claire concluded as she moved a few steps back and back towards the kitchen counter to pour herself a glass of water.

“ We are all that should be in this place.” Claire stated, confirming everyone here were the ones that he needed to be careful about.” Yeah about that, you'd need to ask Shiv for the details.” She stated finally, taking her glass of water and taking a sip from it. She was already planning her devious test(joke/prank) and it was going to be fun. Granted she expected some collateral damage to happen, but who cared after what had happened. It was both more important to test this friend here personally and to have some fun doing so. After all what good was from a bodyguard if he only looked the part. Granted no random guy would have been send over, but first hand test was the way.

“Anyhow, I think I will excuse myself to my room for now. I have things I need to finish doing before I go to bed.” She stated and headed over towards the door of her room. She couldn't wait to get out of the uniform.