Clan: Toreador
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Elysium

Post by Keira Kelly »

This is a thread just to have fun, and roleplay your character in a non-story setting. No finished character is needed here, just make it clear who you are writing about . Product line also doesn't matter here in the slightest.. be it Masquerade, Requiem, Dark Ages or other as long as it's WoD universe... and not too out of place.... and won't scare the customers out! :)

*EDIT*
This thread is now more geared towards Camarilla, though Sabbat/Independants are still welcome as long as they follow Keira's rules. This thread is now functioning to set up a bit of story for the first RP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the dark corner of the large club with tasteful music being played by live musicians on the stage at the back, sits a woman, surrounded yet alone at the same time. She longs for the days when she was on the stage in front of adoring fans but quickly suppresses the memory. It was too painful to dwell on that which she lost.

The crowds around her and throughout the club are an eclectic cross section of those who live the night. Humans, ghouls and vampires. Some Kine know of those who walk among them, wolves in sheep's clothing, some are blissfully unaware.

Keira Kelly has owned this club for almost a decade now, her Toreador nature not willing to let her give up her one and only joy in life, music. Using the money she had made in her mortal life as rock artist, she had bought this little joint and, ironically, brought the life back into it. But among the life was enough un-life. Kindred prowled among the crowds and dancers, but any there knew of her rules. No killing of Kine, no violence, and no drawing attention to the fact that vampires frequented this place.

Staying in the darker areas kept her face from those ignorant humans who might have recognized her from her past life. She idly sipped from a fancy glass a red liquid, which most assumed to be wine. Those who knew her tried to strike up conversations, to ingratiate themselves with the owner, but she paid them little heed. Their notice was nice but she wasn't in the mood today for boot-lickers.
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah
Clan: Tremere
Fera Tribes: Corax

Re: Elysium

Post by AedanTravius[old] »

Entering the club Aedan thought to himself, "There has to be a pothead SOMEWHERE in this crowd that knows where to get some good bud. Hell, maybe I can even get a good snack out of it." Scanning the room, no obvious marks present themselves, but one thing he knew: where there are bands, theres drugs. "I should have let my little apprentice pull this errand for me, but while I'm here I might as well see what all the rumors are about..."
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto

Post by Keira Kelly »

Keira always kept an eye to the door despite the large, brutish, Kindred bouncers she employed. It never hurt to be aware of what was going on, be it a threat or merely entertainment.
She notices a new figure enter her club and watches him sizing up the place and crowds. "This one is a hunter.", she thinks to herself, but whether a hunter of Kine or just simply one of the many humans that come in looking for love, a good time, or something more illicit, she doesn't know. She decides to keep an eye on this one.

Just at that moment, a woman from the dance floor shrieks which draws her attention away from the newcomer. Keira can see blood on her neck but in the dark, it is doubtful mortal eyes would notice, most probably would have not been able to hear the sound of pain and fear over the music either. Within seconds two of the burly bouncers are at the woman's side, hauling a degenerate looking male with blood on his lips away from her. Glancing over at her, Keira nods to the bouncers who proceed to take the conspicuous vampire out the front doors. They would be beating some sense into that one, and a warning never to come back. The vampire's name would be taken, if he was Camarilla, his name would be taken to the local Prince to be dealt with for Masquerade violation. If something else, hopefully the beating would serve to keep that one in line in the future. Another employee rushes the victim out to a back room, to deal with her wound and make sure she doesn't remember what had happened, or at least, not the details of what and how.

Glancing around the room, Keira can see the incident had hardly made a ripple and seems to have already been forgotten as people go back to their dancing, drinks or socializing.
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

Watching the chaos it becomes obvious the rumor was true, this place is DEFINITELY kindred owned. Not that he knew much about kindred society, his sire was an asshole who only showed up to "observe progress" whatever the fuck that means. However, if he was going to be forced to get answers for himself, it made since to start in a place where someone might just have an answer. The fact it was a club with live music he could hopefully score some bud in made it all the more convenient. Now he just had to figure out who ran the place. Scanning the room everyone he saw looked like they were having a good time, save one. A women sitting at a table drinking something red that looked to thick to be wine. But what the hell was he going to say?! It occurred to him he didn't even give it a second thought when he came up here. "'Hey, I'm a vampire, tell me, uh...about us.' Yea, that'll sound slick," he thought. As he made his way to her he tried to stay as calm as possible, it helped that his heart didn't beat anymore, she was kind of hot. Looking at the lady sitting at the table he smiled calmly and said the only thing he could think of, "drink looks delicious, who do I need to talk to about getting one? I figured it would play out better then just trying to take it like a hungry animal..."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

"Hmm, this is a straightforward one", Keira thought. Nothing wrong with that, it was refreshing from time to time not having people begging for your approval. Standing before her, she could tell this newcomer was Kindred, just like her. His clan was a little less apparent, at least for the moment. She had come to accept that most clans other than hers were not quite as cultured. At least he had some manners by approaching her rather than just using her club. Seeing her about to engage in conversation, those more knowledgeable in the immediate area moved back a bit, pulling those more oblivious, giving the owner a bit of privacy for the moment.

"Oh.. it is at that..." she drawled with a high class English accent. "From a very good source as well. Like all things in life.. or un-... nothing is free. If you have the price, talk to Anna at the bar behind me. She will serve you." Keira glances to the well-dressed lady behind the bar and nods. Anna nods back in understanding after glancing at the male.

"If you don't already, from the little.. display a moment ago, the rules here are quite simple. Don't kill. There are plenty of willing here that you can find. Killing Kine picked up here simply draws unwanted attention... and we will not tolerate it. Any squabbles with other Kindred.. take it outside.. and far away. This is not the place for it. And unlike the poor fellow that was just dragged out, keep it low key. Other than that, you are free to roam this establishment. The punishment for infractions are quite severe. Ah.. I forget myself. I am Keira, Keira Kelly.", she said giving a smile that yet betrayed the pain of what was lost with that name in mortal society, "the owner of this.. little.. club. Enjoy yourself."

AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

"Its definitely my pleasure, I'm Aedan, Aedan Travius. I'll be sure to mind myself. Lady Kelly, forgive me for saying, but you look sad, or at the very least bored out of your skull, anyway I would be able to entertain you? " He asked with a flirtatious smile. It was obvious to him from looking at the way she held herself that she had been embraced long enough to lose the wonder of it, so she had to be a good bit older then him. Maybe the whole older women liking younger men works in the kindred world to. He didn't expect anything to come out of it, but he couldn't resist the attempt. And he had tried. Desperately, making him wonder if maybe there was a kindred power akin to the power of a siren. Maybe this attraction was all fabricated and he was being manipulated by a mystical power. Oddly, and to no surprise of is own, he didn't really care what the truth was. "Your drink is almost dry, and I have to order one for myself anyway, would you like another one?" "Slick, offer to buy her a drink in HER club, seriously?!!" He thought. Then another thought came to him. "What if this women can read thoughts like my sire can.....shit, I am screwed..."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

"I'm sorry but you.. are not exactly my type... ", she said, then with a small sweep of her hand towards the stage, "I tend to prefer artists, musicians in all aspects of my.. entertainment. No offense. Let me not forget to be a gracious host though... you are welcome to have a seat."

She paused considering all that he had said before.

"Bored I am not. Music is both a curse and a joy for me. It was my life and now is my un-life. When I was mortal, I had fame, I had.. the ability to create and to share my creations with the world. To form a bond with tens of thousands of people at a time while performing..". Keira pauses and sighs while looking into her now empty, but red-coated glass. "Music gave me a way to express myself to the world, to have a voice. Everything in my life was ripped away from me an instant the night I was Embraced."

Keira sits in deep reflection for a moment longer.

"Ah I forget myself once again. I apologize. Tonight is the anniversary of my mortal death. Perhaps you can tell I have a lot of things on my mind." She looks back over her shoulder, giving a slight wave of her hand towards Anna and the bartender starts to hurriedly prepare something behind the bar.

"Tonight my once-bandmate is preforming.. a tribute to me of all things... She nor anyone else close to me in mortal life knows what happened to me. Right about now she will be stepping on to the stage.."
Giving a slight, humourless laugh, Keira shakes herself out of her memories.

"You mentioned entertainment.. perhaps I will take you up on that offer, though perhaps not in the way you might have thought... Tell me about yourself. Maybe that will help keep my mind off the past... for a while...."

As she said this, Anna glides over with a tray with two tall glasses of the viscous red liquid and a large bottle of the same. She quickly deposits one glass in front of Kiera and another on the table in front of where Aedan still stands, the bottle in-between and glides away again.
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

sitting down at the table, "Forgive me, but I remember you. Granted its something that would have to be given up sooner of later, in these modern nights you could have very well just claimed surgeries kept you looking so young, by recreating your persona you could have created one that only performs at night, so few concerts see daylight anyways. Forgive me, its in my nature to find creative solutions to problems." "Now to the entertainment I offered you. you asked to know about me? Perfect, it seems you could use a comedy. I'm a Tremere lab rat. Not that I know much of my clan or any other for that matter, my "sire", is that the word?, Made it quite clear that the point of this test was to leave me to my own devices to see how I "develop". He gave me a skeleton rundown of a few things that would get me executed, let me know I was nothing more then a labrat that he would be checking up on, and dissapears. To make it worse the bastard looks like a college professor. Its like Karma getting me back for not going to college when I was breathing, now I have to spend eternity running in mousewheels, and going through mazes for the entertainment in study of a nightmarish professor who probably looked like death when he was still breathing. To be honest, the only thing I lost though the embrace was sunlight and the ability to get high smoking weed. Which, oddly, I make up for by getting high with my dog and rough housing with him so he doesn't notice the light bite I take to get high. Entertained yet" he says with a smile lifting his glass, "The aniversery of your mortal death is also that aniverary of the preservation of art, so while we may mourn the trajedy, lets drink to the preservation of your art." He takes a drink letting the warm blood run down his throat. "Delicious. Perhaps you should start having a kindred only night, say monday night, to allow you to perform again. Like I said, I'm all about creative solutions" he says smiling at her.

Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

"Hmmm.. that is quite the idea...Though hopefully there will be a way to entice more.. musically-inclined Kindred to join in. On the other hand.. tragically, very few of us can achieve the same kind of.. emotional response in regards to art.. or music anymore that we could in mortal life. It might just be worth a try though. In regards to my former life though, you would be surprised how little an artist has control over concert and other such schedules. While it's true that most concerts are at night, there are other things such as photo shoots, music videos and the like that generally more require daylight... and we went where the producers told us."

Keira pauses to take a sip of blood from her glass, savouring it for a moment.

"About your sire.. that is quite unfortunate. Mine did keep me around for a few years at least, taught me what he knew. He now has a new.. plaything.. Not that I'm upset about it, mind you. I am free to do what I will now."

Keira turned to the stage for a moment as a new band was starting to play, one she rather liked. They were talented but still unrefined. Perhaps she could arrange for some instruction for them at some point. Another Ghoul also was an option.
AedanTravius[old]
Methuselah
Methuselah

"As far as my sire, it honestly doesn't seem like I missed out much, he didn't have much of a personality. To be honest, I didn't realize the producers still had that much control. Though as far as the audience, the response may not be as strong as it was in our mortal lives, but who could understand the music of an undead like the undead? Bands got talent, do you work with any of them, as far as their development?"