rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Clan: Gangrel
Garou Tribe: Glass Walkers
Sabbat Clan: Tremere Traitor

Re: Fate's Wheel

Post by rivaan »

Salissa quietly smiled at the tiefling's rather tame reaction to her true nature. Well all things considering between supposed half demon and half vampire the difference wasn't really that much anyways. She chuckled as she gently started to run her fingers across the lute's strings in a very quiet melody that filled the night along the crackling of the fire." Part." She confirmed with a nod." Father's blood... annoying thing that is, but possible to tame with enough effort." She added with a smile. She smiled even widely at the statemetn about finding the right group of companions in that fine night.

Suddenly much to Salissa's VERY amused grin, the elf kid and it's pet just burst into light as a magical circle appeared followed by a puff of smoke and when the smoke was gone a few moments later, so was the kiddo. The dhampir let out chuckle and she shook her head at the situation as she looked at the tiefling." Kid said he more or less escaped to prove his elders wrong about something." She explained and looked at the location where the fella used to be." Guess, we can consider this, them proving something else instead fufufu. Poor boy would likely be ground for a real long while, given elven standarts. Maybe it's for the best. Kids have little place adventuring most of the time."

"Mmm... I'm a bard." Was Salissa first answer. Rather brief and without ellaboration at first, until she realized that she might have to actually explain a bit more, as few would understand." I travel. I travel far and wide. I search for inspirations to complete my craft like many other and in my case, I visit places where destruction and death have left their mark or will leave their mark and put them into ballads. Like the ballads I wrote and sometimes perform, 'Dance with the Dead', 'Flower of Blood' ,'Faces of Death' and some others. Granted not many actively would pay me to perform those, but I do like to finish my magnum opus one day." Salissa smiled with dreamy smile as she stopped playing her lute." I will call it 'All Evils of the World'. Will be my contribution to the sphere of bardic crafts." She very kindly and softly smiled as she returned to her lute by gently pulling the strings int a slow relaxing melody." So yes, I will head up north to witness it all with my own eyes. One way or another that story needs to be written and passed down, no matter the outcome." She stated with conviction and still as kind a smile as one could have.
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire
Clan: Lasombra
Garou Tribe: Fianna
Fera Tribes: Bagheera
SM Chapter: Dark Angels
Sabbat Clan: Ravnos Antitribu

Post by Ghaz »

When Serila asked him what was so important that he would go up north he starred for a moment then back at Serila saying "He has my sister the only person that was decent to me in my family and im going to bring her back no matter the cost so no matter the danger no matter what fate has in store for me I will bring her back." Arlathan knew this was going to be the biggest fight of his life and if fate was against him then so be it. He knew he had much to learn but this journey they are going on he will show that he is capable and that he will not let others bring him down.

After he saw the elf burst into light and then was gone he stared in amazement and looked to Serila and said "Is that normal?"After hearing that their other companion was a bard and said in a quiet voice "Can you tell me anything about how its like being a bard and travelling?" Arlathan never really delt with any bards before since he was always busy doing things for his family he never had free time to meet any bards. He always had dreams of traveling but with how his family was with him he soon gave up on his dream until his sister was taken.
Keira Kelly
Club Owner / Prince of Toronto
Clan: Toreador
Fera Tribes: Swara
Current Persona: Evelyn Wright
SM Chapter: Space Wolves
Sabbat Clan: Toreador Antitribu

Post by Keira Kelly »

Serila grunted a sort of humourless laugh at the woman's answer. "Father, huh... I suppose having someone to blame for the blood they cursed you with is nice, huh?" she asked. "Both my parents were Elven, as was theirs... Don't know how far back we got tainted and I just got the lucky draw it seems." she said satirically. Only a touch more seriously, she continued. "Glad to hear you have a good grip on whatever bloodlust might have been passed on there." The gods knew, Seri was going to watch her neck around that one. Time would tell if the woman was safe enough to be around. Seri would at least give the other woman a chance though.

Serila was standing in a flash, wings spread, tail lashing with her weapon out as a flash of light lit up the camp, disappearing the elf kid and his pet, leaving only the Tiefling, Dhampir and Drow remaining around the campfire. "What in all the hells was that?!" she said after a moment when it appeared that nothing else was going to happen. She turned wide yellow eyes at Salissa as the woman spoke. It had been a long time sincer Seri had been around Elves. They were her people.. technically, but she had run away from them a long time ago. She realized now though that the woman was right. That was Elven magic. Slowly she put her sword back in its scabbard and sat herself down again on the ground, still wary but calm. She grunted in agreement to the next statement.. She knew well enough about Elven punishment of wayward children. It wasn't violent like some other races or anything but that kid was definitely going to end up being taught a lesson in drawn out boredom.

He glanced over at the Drow's question if the teleportation spell was normal. "Can't say my parents ever decided to bring me home with a spell like that.." she said and then shrugged. "Then again, pretty sure they wouldn't have been unhappy had I not come home every evening anyways." she added. "Most Elves are pretty magically inclined though so I guess it doesn't surprise me there might be some that go to that length, and given the apparent rebelliousness of that kid.... maybe that was the only way to catch him." she added with a bit of a chuckle, exposing her fanged upper and lower teeth just a bit.

Seri's face took on a confused expression at hearing the explanation of the bard's purpose. She couldn't understand the reasons for creating works like that. "I don't get it. If you go to places with bad stuff, fix it. Isn't that a better contribution?" she asked in all seriousness. Truth be told, seeing bad stuff just made Seri angry, very angry and it would drive her to right the wrongs. Knowing what she had accomplished herself was all that she needed. After a moment, the Tiefling shrugged. "Well, don't say I didn't warn you. That being said, I know what I'm gonna face up there and I'm doing it to try to make the world a better place. If you want to tag along to see something that tries to counter death and destruction, I wouldn't say no." she said, knowing that a bard would need all the protection she could get.

She turned to the Drow. Now his answer she smiled at, a smile of understanding of the reason. "Now a rescue mission I could get behind. Especially if it nets me that bastard Krodak in the process." she replied. "But saving even one life is worth the attempt. Don't discount my words of danger though, kid. Don't go alone. Come with us. I'll help you with your mission." she said. She looked back and forth between the two people, a smile on her lips and a hint of the mad love of a fight in her yellow eyes. "We will tear into the enemy. Take them out, even if it has to be one by one, until we get to Krodak and we can tear his head off and rescue any captives!" She sighed with a wistful look, knowing she was exaggerating the ease of it all. "Okay, okay.. no marching in. Gotta go at this a little bit more tactically, right? But a demon girl can daydream, can I? So since both of you were planning on heading up there, did either of you have a plan how to do it and live longer than a day?" she asked. "The gods know that not one of us could pass ourselves off as one of Krodak's Half-Orcs.."
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"Mmm, to answer your question. Being a bard on the Path is rather liberating." She replied to the youth who may or may not be older than her. Who could really tell for certain with elves. Though she as a Dhampir had no place to judge, her looks would remain as they were right now for an equally maybe even longer time. Especially since she was also part elf not just vampire. Though her mind digressed back to the topic at hand." Bards, well we've got a mixed reputation for a decent reason. Many of us aren't really professionally trained and some are rather... low class. Still to be a bard is to be free. You travel where you deem fit to pursue your passion and you use every chance to meet new people, express yourself and your craft, striving for improvement or to just find inspiration. It'sn ot too different from other wanderers in that way I suppose. But that said, you always hear the jokes about us, though I personally have yet to meet a fellow bard who did successfully lay a dragon." She chuckled.

Salissa nodded at the tiefling with sad smile." In a way it's nice to know who to blame, makes it no less aggrivating still." She sighed and missed a note in her melody, frowning as she redid the string of notes and sounds with her lute." Yes, I'm decently aware of how tiefling are born. In a way it's a similar matter to sorcerers actually." She mused, picking up a jolly melody for a moment." In fact, it is highly possible that should I have human or elf descendents in the future, one day down the line, they will be born with the undead sorcerer bloodline. I highly suspect they too will curse me as I curse my father." She said grimly." as for the kid, maybe. Or maybe there was a reason he ran away and a reason they brought him back. We might never know." Salissa shrugged.

"Mayhaps." She nodded with a smile, now making small adjustments to her lute's strings." Yet everybody records heroics and makes epic songs out of them. If nobody records the evil of the world, then where's the contrast for the good?" The bard asked with melodic voice." Of course I will help out, but it is not what I need in my collection. There are heroic tales in there too, I'd admit, but the point is different. In it I mostly record of horrors, evils and tragedies that have already happened, scars that nobody healed. Fragments of the past that will be lost to time because in the modern day poetry and bardcraft as often, heroics and good endings are the driving force, meaning that less of the tragedies are remembered or written down. So that will be my contribution to the world. A collection of evil that shouldn't be forgotten."

"Ahh a rescue, yes." Salissa nodded with content voice and expression." That's a worthy task that I will easily get behind. Rescue the people, return them to their homes." She almost sang." I must record the past of their capture too. They are likely to be aware of tragedies and evil that I might never find out otherwise too." She smiled." And of course... old folk stories and songs are always a nice thing to find. I might yearn to collect the evils of the world, but a bard must keep their repertoire vast and varied. Some of the most popular songs that can be often found in taverns, actually do trace their roots to smaller communities and their local legends. Well for surviving the north, My plan was to mostly move at night. I'm actually decent at hiding and rather good at seeing in the dark for.. obvious reasons. Also my lullabies are rather effective as you saw back at the tavern. Best way to avoid danger is to never be seen by said danger." She smiled as she resumed her lute playing, this time with a soft humming to acopany it. It was a soft almost sad melody.

"Ohh, bury my mother, pale and slight,
Bury my father with his eyes shut tight!
Bury my sisters two by two,
And then when you're done, let's bury me tooooo!

Ohh, bury the knight with her broken blade,
Bury the lady, lovely and pale!
Bury the priest in his tattered gown,
Then bury the beggar with his shining croooown!"

She softly hummed and softly sang the song along the lullaby melody played on her lute.
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire

Post by Ghaz »

Arlathan was happy to hear of the tiefling approval about his reason and at least he wouldn't be alone in this endeavor. Any help would be appreciated at this point since he honestly didn't think anyone would help him with his mission. After a while it was great to have some companions around even if its just for a bit. He knew that it would be dangerous but after hearing the tiefling getting into the idea of killing the half-orcs was amazing but brought himself back to realty thinking that bringing attention like that probably wouldn't be the safest way. He agreed that being tactical about this was the best option they got at this time. Arlathan responded to Serila question saying "I can hunt for the most part so I can get us food if need be but other than that not really." He has hunted before he wouldn't say he was the best but he was a decent shot and tracker.

He listened to the bard answer his question and was just amazed how people could live like that and wondered if after all this he could just travel around finding new land he has never seen before. He chucked when she brought up the dragon saying to himself "Why would someone want to do that they are terrifying." He was a little envious of people who have that freedom since he has never known that up until now but still felt like he didn't have a choice. After hearing how tieflings were born he didn't even know that was a thing but he was still young and new to all of this. Arlathan listened to the bards song but couldn't help what his parents were thinking of him. He wondered if he would ever want to go home after this. He knew he would rescue his sister even if it cost him his own life no matter the price it must be done. Arlathan laid down and started to lay on his wolf and closed his eyes saying "This is a nice song."
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Seri grunted. The other woman was comparing a Tiefling to a sorcerer... If only. "It would be easier being a sorcerer... hell, I'd take your blood over what I got dished out!" she countered, flaring out her vestigial wings running a clawed hand over one of the horns on her head. "Pretty hard to hide like this amongst normal folks..." she added, shaking her head slowly with a low growl. Calm, she told herself, calm. There was no need to get worked up.. but the undercurrent of anger over what she was ran deep. A lifetime's worth of bad experiences because of something she couldn't change.

She grunted at the answer again, what would happen if nobody recorded the evil. She gestured with her hands. "Well, you go out, you kill the evil and then it's gone. The people who were hurt by the evil tell stories to others how they got saved from the bad stuff. People learn that if you are evil, you get taken out." she explained in answer with a sharp nod at the end to punctuate it. She scratched her head, a confused look still on her face. Artistic concepts were fairly beyond her. "Kill evil. Good guy wins. Teach people good. Simple. A tragedy that can't be fixed is tragic.. but what is the point dwelling on something that can't be fixed? Fix what you can, don't dwell on what you can't." she added. She had lived all her life with a major disadvantage. It couldn't be fixed. She lived with it and concentrated on what she could do instead of the things she couldn't. It was her means to cope with life.

Finally, she sighed, shaking her head. "I still don't understand but.. you do what you like to do I guess. I'll concentrating on righting the wrongs that I come across and actually doing something to help people." she stated. She pointed at the bard's lute. "If you're wanting to come along, I trust you have more tricks than just a fancy melody or a little sleepy time spell there?" she asked. "Don't think a pretty little lullaby is going to do much to some thick-headed Half-Orcs."

Her anger, her train of thought even trailed off as Salissa began to play a new song. It caught Seri off guard. Not the loss of family but the loss.. well, hell, yeah kind of like that. Not parents or siblings or anything but something perhaps even more painful. The loss of Damon still cut her to the core and that song had just brought it all back up. She closed her eyes as the notes and lyrics continued on. She let out a low pained sound as she stood up, turning her back on the campfire and digging her claws into the bark of the nearest tree. She could feel tears running down her face. With a sudden cry of anguish, she punched at the tree, hitting it hard enough that it would have felled a man with probably some significant damage. In the grips of the rage that tore up, she landed several more punches against the tree, not feeling the damage she was doing to her own hands.

She stood there for a long moment, back still to the others, breathing heavily, the anger taking over for the tears. "Mark my words... Krodak is going to pay for what he has done..." she growled loud enough for them to hear her. Her arms hanging at her side, some blood dripping off her chewed up knuckles, she turned back to them with fire in her eyes. She didn't even feel the pain of the deep gouges and probably even a couple of fractured bones in her hands. "I am going to see Krodak dead one way or another. And he is going to suffer before he dies...." she vowed.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"I have no idea." She replied to the drow." To each their own, but I suppose someone out in the history of time must have succeeded in bedding a dragon because draconic sorcerers with dragon blood lingering in their blood are a thing for example... among others." Salissa shrugged. It was honestly a rather curiously absurd thought, but not one she wanted to think about. Dragons were majestic creatures, but she herself would stop at that agreement and just continue on her way. She wasn't quite as the usual bards that got talked about or in other words, wanting to bang anything that moved under the sun.

"I'm not sure I will agree, friend." Salissa looked at Seri." It's been told that sorcerers who bear the 'blood' of undead, tend to eventually resemble their heritage and turn ever more into walking corpses... It's not a competition, but just a reminder that the world is filled with unfair things and we often have little control over all of it. Which leaves us with the simple choice of either doing the best with what we've got or just let it destroy us." The bard smiled gently." As for what's the point on dwelling on the past, how can you stop yourself from repeating the same mistakes like those of the past, if you never learned what transpired? Learn from the past so you can hopefully change the future." She softly sighed, looking at the endless night's sky. Many were the lessons to be learned in tragedies and mostly hard learned lessons at that. She herself had heard tales and saw results first hand in her travel, understanding events hat send her feelign shivers for days at times.

"You'd be surprised." She shrugged at the jab at her skills. Somebody was edgy." If you really must known, I'm not hte best, but I do known about a dozen different ways to stab somebody's heart with my weapon and I'm decent duelist, not the best, but not the worst either. The Path is a dangerous place to walk and you must learn to protect yourself along the way, so I did." She explained.

At the end of her performance, she looked at her two current companion, taking their reactions to her song and nodding in understanding. Mmm, good. It was a nice song, maybe she'd try to sing it at the closening act in a bard soon in the future. Maybe, just maybe they will like it." Nobody is questioning that and you will have my help with it." Salissa told Seri when the woman proclaimed Death upon her target. Sure enough there must be a tragedy at the past of this tiefling woman. A tragedy that Salissa would love to know one dya and maybe fill a page or few in her master draft of hter opus." For now though, I suggest we get some quick rest so we are ready to leave early in the morning before the hunting parties from the town scatter across these lands to search for us." The bard reminded them." I'm fine with taking first shift to be on guard duty if you'd 2 like to rest first."
Ghaz
Elder Vampire
Elder Vampire

Post by Ghaz »

Arlathan shrugged about the dragon blood now knowing much about the topic. He tried not to listen to their conversations but when they mention about the past he knew that people should use the past to learn from them instead of forgetting about them so with that in thought he agreed with the bard but kept that to himself for the time being. Arlathan knew that the past misdeed of his kind has labeled that mostly all drow are bad but he wanted to change how people see drows but maybe after all this was done that could be his next goal.

When the bard talked about how she knew how to fight he was glad that all three of them knew how to defend themselves if they were to get into a fight. He wondered if anyone of them would be able to train with him in the future once he learns if he could trust them. When the bard suggested they rest and that she would take first watch he quickly said "Okay me and dres will take second watch if that is okay with you all." He hoped that they have a peaceful night sleep but wondered if anyone from the town would come after them. He didn't want to spill any of their blood just because they chased them away. He pet dres saying "Lets go to sleep." He looked at his companions saying "Goodnight and please wake me up when its my turn to take watch." He smiled at them before closing his eyes while laying on dres.
Keira Kelly

Post by Keira Kelly »

Serila rubbed at an eye, surreptitiously wiping away the remnants of tears. She didn't want to seem weak in front of these two.. in front of any one really. The pain though was just still too raw and, while she could use anger sometimes to push the pain aside, there was nothing here to truly vent her dangerous anger against. Hearing the bard's oath to help going after Krodak froze the tiefling for a moment. Salissa had no clue to what Krodak had actually done, didn't know the reason for Seri's words of vengeance. Perhaps the woman just thought Seri meant it about the drow kid's sister... But something told her that Salissa had picked up that it was more. Seri's bloody hand from hitting the tree was probably a pretty obvious tell-tale there, actually now that she thought about it. She clenched her wounded hand tight, revelling in the pain of it for a moment, another distraction. Finally, she nodded at the other woman, an unspoken thanks, at least if the woman realized that Seri had, in her own way, just as much at stake in going after Krodak as Arlathan did.

She took a deep breath at the suggestion of sleep. She felt exhausted, physically and emotionally but anger had kept her going and going. Still, she needed to be strong for this. Tomorrow wouldn't yet be the day to find and kill that half-orc bastard but she needed to keep her strength up and not let herself get weak. Seri would have volunteered for either first or second watch but the other two beat her too it. Third watch it was. Well, that would be the time most likely to be attacked, shortly before dawn. She gave Arlathan a look. "And you wake me up for third watch." she told him, not wanting to be skipped.

She curled up beside the fire, positioning her wing carefully so as to leave them free behind her, and laid her head down on her pack, staring into the remnants of the fire as everyone else either got ready for sleep or to stand watch. Sleep came unexpectedly to her. Her dreams though were anything but peaceful. Fighting desperately, then running in blind panic, running, running.... knowing the inevitable but not being able to do anything but... only to find...

"Noooooooooooo!" she screamed out, waking herself up. She realized she had actually cried out as she bolted awake. Groggy, it took her a moment to notice that Arlathan was just taking over watch duty from Salissa so both were currently awake and could not have failed to hear her. "Sorry about the outburst. Just a bad dream... Don't worry about it. Wake me for my watch." she muttered to them as she lay herself back down, curling up tighter. This time, sleep didn't return.. or more importantly, she didn't want it to return. She lay awake, staring at the fire, awaiting her turn to stand watch.
rivaan
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

Post by rivaan »

"That's perfectly acceptable with me." Salissa replied with the drow volunteered for second shift of watch duty. She resumed gently pulling the strings of her lute, playing a very soft quiet lullaby, to help them fall asleep faster and better." I will wake you up, should the situation requires it or enemies are near." The bard replied to the tiefling with a nod.

With them both going go sleep and in their resting forms, Salissa silently thought about many things while her hands moved on instict for a little while more before finally stopping. The lute in her hand slowly was brought down to her lap before rested on the ground next to her, leaning it on her bags. She smiled and half closed her eyes, enjoying everything around. The night's cool air, the rummage of the leaves against each other along hte night's breeze. The sounds of insects, the occasional squeek of a mice or other small animal caught by a predator of the night and of course the sound of her companions breathing. The quiet rythmic heaves of their chests.

Her eyes eventually opened back in full as she looked at the night's sky, leaning backwards a bit, using her arms as supports behind herself. This was nice, she noted. The night was quite calm considering how they met, but it wouldn't be forever like this. She smiled just a bit more than usual showing the pointy end sof sharp fangs. This was going to be an adventure, she knew that. She had unexpected companions for it, there was a just cause, there was tragedy too. Both tragendy that has happened, she looked at Seri and tragedy yet to happen, her eyes glanced over to Arlathan. She needed a short nickname for him soon too. She smiled and returned her eyes to the sky.

It was such a fine night and despite the horrifying knowledge that somewhere someone likely was suffering in this fine night, even considering hte poor soul who died to their tiefling's unwilling actions, she still thought it was nice. On that note, she softly started humming a tune, thinking about lyrics. After all, the events that transpired tonight were a perfect example of what she sought -tragedies. A man died by mistake, because tempers flared too much under the influence of narrowmindness and alcohol. So she hummed a happy tune with a smile while a song was being written in her head... ' The Foolish Braggard in Red'. Yes, after all... he did end up wearing crimson and while accuracy was often welcomed, some creative freedoms would be taken on this one. She will record it in the Tome of All Evils of the World, but the more altered version would be for public performances in pubs and taverns, with the point of teaching that narrowmindness, stupidity and foolishness bring about one's demise.

After a few hours that felt all too short, it became time to wake the next watcher." Arlathan, wake up." She called him after moving a bit closer to him." It's time for you to take shift." She smiled to him though to her surprise the other woman in the group woke up and rather sound fashion. The sound of pain and tragedy that was. Salissa nodded in some understanding at the woman's words before she returned to her bag. She spread out her cloak on the ground, put her bag on it and using it as a pillow laid down, softly wrapping some of her body with the part of hte cloak she wasn't laying on. In any case she was a dhampyr and there was a nice enough fire going, so she didn't feel much problem with the temperatures.